[Public Pack] EPiCCRAFT 1.0.x {Progression}{Survival}

Azraile

Jul 29, 2019
Oh a suggestion....

Add mystcraft but ban all the book making block recopies so only admins can make worlds, with the standard book being optional (ether letting people make portal books as much as they want... letting them buy them in sets of two from the admin shop)

I've plaied around with mystcraft and it's a nice mod, just for the transportation if not the worlds. It would also give a way to move villagers over vast distances/oceans for the minecraft comes alive mod. Just put them in a cart and push them through a crystal gate, or make them stand by it... go to the other side and ask them to follow you making them walk into it.... ether way, you get them where you want to go

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Oh a suggestion....

Add mystcraft but ban all the book making block recopies so only admins can make worlds, with the standard book being optional (ether letting people make portal books as much as they want... letting them buy them in sets of two from the admin shop)

I've plaied around with mystcraft and it's a nice mod, just for the transportation if not the worlds. It would also give a way to move villagers over vast distances/oceans for the minecraft comes alive mod. Just put them in a cart and push them through a crystal gate, or make them stand by it... go to the other side and ask them to follow you making them walk into it.... ether way, you get them where you want to go

Even easier is just using capture nets. Grab a whole village at once with a backpack full of them.

Azraile

Jul 29, 2019
says right on the nets they don't catch bosses or villagers....

however can buy eggs off the computer it seams for 6 dimonds.

Zerkai

Jul 29, 2019
Um... I really need some help and I'm at my wit's end. How do I get to the Nether? Specifically, how do I ignite a portal with flint and steel when you can't get steel normally and any means that would allow you to make steel ingots need steel ingots in their recipies. I have loads of Electrical Steel I've found, but that doesn't work and can't be smelted down. What do I do?

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Note: I have not played epicraft to any extent, but I have dealt with this in other packs....

Firecharges
Fire spread from a lava source block
smelt down chainmail armor from mob drops
find an anvil and smelt it
find steel components in a village and smelt them

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
All good ways to do it. Anvils give 31 ingots, found pretty easily in 1st or 2nd level of rogue dungeons. And sometimes tons of them in Towers in Twilight.
I've also found flint and steel as chestloot.
I tend to put wood next to portal, lava next to wood. replace wood if needed. usually lights up.
If you make a mob drop, you can collect chainmail pretty easy. Combine damaged bits to get a good bit, toss to smelter.
Comets can make a portal, rarely. Has to be the biggest size kreknorite one. You'll get a message usually if that happens.

You can also just make a high oven from Tinkers Steelworks, and make steel.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestions for 1.7 version (moar realism):
1: Swap out Minecraft Comes Alive for the Millenaire mod if possible. It adds in much more variety and realism to villages and villagers, as the villagers are able to build and breed themselves. I know it is incompatible with Forestry, but I assume it is possible to alter the mod's code to make it compatible.
2: Add Zombie Awareness. It makes the zombies more intelligent and able to find your position if you leave a path of torches or bleed too much.
3: Add Dynamic Lights. It allows the player to make light by just holding a torch or throwing one.
4: Add Iguana Tweaks. It gives the player a harder time to make starting tools as you must use tinker's construct recipes, provides a leveling system for your tools and the ability to swap out their parts.

Zerkai

Jul 29, 2019
Note: I have not played epicraft to any extent, but I have dealt with this in other packs....

Firecharges
Fire spread from a lava source block
smelt down chainmail armor from mob drops
find an anvil and smelt it
find steel components in a village and smelt them

Yeah, thing about that is that you HAVEN'T played Epic Craft. One, this has Better Anvils instead of normal ones, and are made of Steel. Fire Charges are made from materials from the Nether, and I'm at day 95 and haven't found any chainmail drops OR Steel components in any villages.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, thing about that is that you HAVEN'T played Epic Craft. One, this has Better Anvils instead of normal ones, and are made of Steel. Fire Charges are made from materials from the Nether, and I'm at day 95 and haven't found any chainmail drops OR Steel components in any villages.
Heh, i was just trying to help. Yes, I played epicraft for only about a day before I decided it wasn't running well for me and I didn't want to struggle with a pack that appeared to be abandoned.

Now Mikhaila666 appears to be suggesting that similar strategies should work?

Regarding fire charges... Yes they require nether materials to craft, but in modded minecraft they are often common mob drops.

Have you came across any skeleton spawners? They are normally great sources of chainmaile.

and regardless of any of that fire spread should work.......

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Zerkai, I suspect you simply need to build yourself a high oven, I've been kicking around in a test world and there do appear to be problems with the fire spread and chainmaile drop methods.

AeroAggro

Jul 29, 2019
I've built three different houses now... The first two I died during, and when I came back to them, they were gone.. I just assumed that when you die your world is reset. But then I built my third house and It disappeared without me dying. Why does my house keep being rechunked?

TrivGaming

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so i have a world and i didnt like the name of it so i renamed it and now EVERYTHING IS GONE MY HOUSE EVERYTHING PLEASE HELP ME CAUSE IF NOT IM DONE WITH THIS FUCKING SHIT

TrivGaming

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so i have a world and i didnt like the name of it so i renamed it and now EVERYTHING IS GONE MY HOUSE EVERYTHING PLEASE HELP ME CAUSE IF NOT IM DONE WITH THIS FUCKING SHIT

Tkf1313

Jul 29, 2019
It seems I can't download and install the pack from any launcher I try. I keep getting this "Fml is not installed" error and it appears that the launchers aren't able to pull the pack from the url; http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/epic-craft-111-164

I also tried doing it manually by taking the .zip download url (dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22685303/EpicCraft.zip) and puting this into the add pack url bar instead which obviously didn't work. I then tried to manually download and install the files and folders myself which were immediately overwritten by the launcher on next startup and I get the same "Fml is not installed" error all over again. Am I doing something wrong?

Donpoohbear

Jul 29, 2019
hey im having a problem were ill be playing and it will gradually use more and more ram till all my ram is in use i have 12gb ram

BorisTheCat

Jul 29, 2019
It's a damn shame that this pack's been abandoned. Compared to all the packs I've played, it stood out as 1) having a fulfilling low-tech experience, and 2) slowly immersing into high tech, avoiding the singularity that comes with quick, automated mining and easy-to-get nether resources. Regretfully, I have to now abandon my world because of epic nether lag. I was going to give a go to fixing it, but it sounds like everyone else has problems galore with this pack so I might as well cut my losses now.