[Public Pack] EPiCCRAFT 1.0.x {Progression}{Survival}

GwapoJosh

Jul 29, 2019
What version of Thaumcraft did they update to in the 1.11 version for epiccraft? At work and can't load it up to check. I believe in the latest version, 2.1.4?, they fixed a few bugs, added a bunch of new items, and you now can't scan objects that move. So scanning people and villagers is out. I'll check tonite and see though if it's got a source of humanus in it.

The version looks like the latest for v1.6.4 mc.. 4.1.0g. It looks like Telum is in the place of Humanus on all Humanus items. Ive been looking through the config setting but can't find anything. Thanks a ton for looking into it. I think I'm going to learn how to make modpacks. No other packs are similar to EpicCraft.

Beechlgz

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know how EpicCraft gets Enviromine to recognize the temperature of non-vanilla biomes? I've seen someone ask in the Enviromine thread on minecraft forums and the response was that it's not possible to customize temperature for non-vanilla biomes at this time (but they plan to make it customizable), but the good people who develop EpicCraft seem to have pulled it off from what I can see. In EpicCraft some of the BOP biomes are clearly hot, some clearly cold, and some temperate ones warm at day and cool at night. How did they do it?

I wanted to experiment with making a lite pack for my own personal use, about 20 mods or so, but when I try non-vanilla biomes (like Biomes O' Plenty) are all freezing by default because Enviromine doesn't recognize them.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know how EpicCraft gets Enviromine to recognize the temperature of non-vanilla biomes? I've seen someone ask in the Enviromine thread on minecraft forums and the response was that it's not possible to customize temperature for non-vanilla biomes at this time (but they plan to make it customizable), but the good people who develop EpicCraft seem to have pulled it off from what I can see. In EpicCraft some of the BOP biomes are clearly hot, some clearly cold, and some temperate ones warm at day and cool at night. How did they do it?

I wanted to experiment with making a lite pack for my own personal use, about 20 mods or so, but when I try non-vanilla biomes (like Biomes O' Plenty) are all freezing by default because Enviromine doesn't recognize them.
At work now, so i can't check. But in working on our 1.7 pack I thought that part of our punch list was adjusting values for those. I'll take a look at it tonite and get back to you. It might be something that can be done in 1.7, not in 1.6 packs. Part of the problem is that BoP has many of it's biomes listed as multiple biomes for crop growth or mob spawning. Works fine to have a Savanah be desert/plains. But when you need to set a base temp, having multiple types wont work. It may be somewhere in the config files. I'll dig in a bit tonite.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Did a bit of running around and testing. This in 1.7.10
Prairie, Chaparal, Desert Hills, Badlands, and a few other biomes were warm areas. Most forests, swamps, etc were cooling me off.

Beechlgz

Jul 29, 2019
Did a bit of running around and testing. This in 1.7.10
Prairie, Chaparal, Desert Hills, Badlands, and a few other biomes were warm areas. Most forests, swamps, etc were cooling me off.

I appreciate your response than you but I don't think you understood what I was asking, what I was saying is that EpicCraft obviously has got it working for 1.6.4, so I would like to know how they did it.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I appreciate your response than you but I don't think you understood what I was asking, what I was saying is that EpicCraft obviously has got it working for 1.6.4, so I would like to know how they did it.
Oh, i understood your question, but i also know how long these boards go unattended by guys that put up the pack :) I doubt that you will get any answer. If you are looking for how they did it in 1.6.4, I'd look in the config files and scripts for epiccraft and see what they loaded. Since it seems to be in 1. 7, there's a good chance they either wrote similar code, or sent part of the update to 1.7

Beechlgz

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, i understood your question, but i also know how long these boards go unattended by guys that put up the pack :) I doubt that you will get any answer. If you are looking for how they did it in 1.6.4, I'd look in the config files and scripts for epiccraft and see what they loaded. Since it seems to be in 1. 7, there's a good chance they either wrote similar code, or sent part of the update to 1.7

Ah I see. I guess it's a bit beyond my capability. Thanks for answering. Looks like the EpicCraft forums is completely 100% gone now too. Sad to see there has been no replacement pack. If I had even an inking of a clue of what I was doing I would try building a good survival pack but I think for something as complex as EpicCraft it takes some programming knowledge and an intimate understanding of all aspects of each mod.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, i noticed the forums went away too. It's sad, Epiccraft had a nice feel too it. Even with all the bugs like not using water bottles for thirst, it was still fun. Jon did a nice job with it, and i can only imagine the work.

We've got a group working on a 1.7 modpack now, and it's so very easy to get sucked down a rabbit hole while working on some aspect on it. You start work expecting to get a lot done, only to find the 6 hours you had that night are quickly gone. I did that last night researching Atomic Strykers mod that creates Ruins. We can just toss it in, and it sort of works, because of the biome differences in BOP. But to get the most out of it, i need to make a long list of BOP biomes that each ruin can spawn in, otherwise you only get them in certain biomes. And of course while reading, i find some lovely addons that someone else has made, and made available on drop box. So I'll be learning how to add those in. So 3 or 4 nights on that, and then on to something else.

Another night we got the idea to add in all the hot/cold blocks we could find to flush out the temperature part of enviormine. That turned out to be a long list :) But now if it's a block made of ice or snow, it's cold. All torches give off heat. Machines give off a bit of heat. A smelter a lot. Cryotheum is VERY cold. Lots of work, but once it's done it makes the game that little bit better.

At least "testing" means i get to run off and play a lot though :)

nepocrates

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everybody,

I just started playing around with epcicraft. I am having a blast with it. I have notice that gases does not seem compatible with veinminer. What I mean is I find some blocks of coal. if I mine the one at a time they release a gas. if I mine them with veinminer no gases are released. So if I want to avoid gasses given off when you mine some blacks all I have to do is use veinminer. Which would defeat some of the purpose of the mod for gases.

Any thoughts?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Just an aspect of veinminer. It also works around some things like exploding nether ores, etc. I think it bypasses the 'block broken event' which triggers the gas. Similar to a silktouch pick. Veinminer is a pretty broken addon. You can't veinmine with your open hand, but can with a fish or porkchop :)

Loki61089

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to locate a server install for this modpack... the forums for the modpack are no longer in operation, and their website says nothing. Anyone have a copy of the last released version? or an updated one that someone else made?

EDIT: Disregard. Didn't think to look on the FTB launcher.

SArtorius503

Jul 29, 2019
Since the forums are gone, would anyone be willing to tell me where to go for help with my save file? Or be willing to look at my crashlog and tell me what went wrong?

NVM, fixed it

Last edited:

Khamirikay

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to get Ardite ore, i have the alumite pickaxe, but can't mining it, ore info of ardite ore say: "Pickaxe: Ardite", to get ardite i need ardite pickaxe??? how the hell can i get the ardite ore?????

GwapoJosh

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to get Ardite ore, i have the alumite pickaxe, but can't mining it, ore info of ardite ore say: "Pickaxe: Ardite", to get ardite i need ardite pickaxe??? how the hell can i get the ardite ore?????

This mod pack uses Iguana's Tinkers Tweaks. You need to level your Alumite pickaxe by using it until it shows Ardite as the level. It doesn't take long if you go do some veinmining.

Spex70

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone!
So I'm fairly new to the modpack universe as a whole, but I love playing this one in particular... so many new things from so many mods! However I've noticed some mods seem to be incomplete. For example, the forestry mod doesn't contain the recipe ID for the Peat Bog. There are many others, such as thaumcraft and backpacks mod, that are incomplete as well and I was just wondering if this was due to compatibility issues. So how can we get the full content of each modpack?

Azraile

Jul 29, 2019
Do you got the comparability plugins for plenty I biomes in the pack

I hardly ever see vanilla mobs and I've not found a single silverwood tee though I have found very large mystic groves full of magic trees just no silverwood or the like.....

Also I think something needs worked out to re-populate villages that weather wipes out

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Do you got the comparability plugins for plenty I biomes in the pack

I hardly ever see vanilla mobs and I've not found a single silverwood tee though I have found very large mystic groves full of magic trees just no silverwood or the like.....

Also I think something needs worked out to re-populate villages that weather wipes out

Players are death to villages. We attract mobs and tornados. Best thing you can do is pack extra tornado protection devices and plant one in a village if you find one near you.

As to mods. There will not be updates until they rework Epiccraft for 1.7, we had the last little fixes a bit ago.

Azraile

Jul 29, 2019
I am more worried about the silver wood trees lol an make some nets and find vanailla biome net them and take them home

But with PoB replacing most silverwood spawn points it makes finding them hard if it's posable at all

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Silverwood didn't spawn in mystic grove but does in magical forest.