Project: Feeding Eternal Time [Builder Applications Open!]

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
frederikam said:
They are already planning to make some respawning ores for people to mine.

That doesn't add to what I said; They might reconsider after reading my idea and think people having to carefully choose what they have to do be on the better end of things; I gave them a suggestion. They can do whatever they want with it now. Who knows, they might find a way to add both things; having some renewable ressources and having some rarer un-renewable ones.

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, well with the Backup of the forums being back around the 3rd or Sep, there is alot of missing info in this forum.

For the new comers to this thread, I will leave the features to a surprise for when the map is released, and for those who remember the posts, well, thats your little "sneak peak" you may share if you like, but it may ruin the experience for others in the future, not sure though.

But, as an update, we are still waiting on the mods to be updated fully, primarily RP2 and EE3, but there are various bugs with other mods, and mod addons aswell, that we can't overlook.

Slowpoke has fully agreed to help us out on the build, in the fact that the map will be added to the FTB launcher, and will also be sending builders our way to help out.

All very exciting news, and i'm glad that the map has gotten this much attention, Thank you to everyone! you guys are awesome!

RampantPanda65

Jul 29, 2019
Well you definitely won't be short on builders that's for sure! Really looking forward to seeing some more pics of the map!

Edit: I saw the map and it reminds me of Runescape. :p

Stanekk

Jul 29, 2019
RampantPanda65 said:
Edit: I saw the map and it reminds me of Runescape. :p

Thats what i thought in the First place :p
And again, just because it got deleted. THIS MAP WILL BE AWESOME!!!

bluechance12

Jul 29, 2019
From what I've seen, this map looks very promising. With Slowpoke and others helping out, I'm sure this map will turn out great. This is one of the first maps like this I've seen, and I'm curious to see how you implement the different mods.

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
FunshineX said:
intriguing :)

Very :p

Glad to hear that we can use the monument, i'll see if i can get you on the build team as well Funshine, should be good :)

Gewitters

Jul 29, 2019
This looks like it will be a blast when complete! I haven't played many of the others out there, but this one has me intrigued indeed. Keep up the good work and I hope the team is having fun with it. So much room for potential with what you have teased us with so far. I can't wait to get started with these types of things, as much fun as building mega structures and such in vanilla can be, i'm really missing my tech mods and fun adventures like this.

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
In a way it kind of reminds me of Vech's maps. Which I love. So I hope it's similar ;D It'd be pretty cool if the FTB monument was like that of the 1.2.5 version of the map, but barried into the ground, with parts of it exposed. Just an idea, even though it probably won't be used :p But can't wait for the map!

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick update regarding the map.

I have recently purchased a server from a gracious hosts over at CreeperHost ready for the map to be placed onto. Once the server is 100% operational, i will send out an e-mail/PM you on this site/chat to you on Teamspeak for those that I have already spoken to about being on the build team (you know who you are). Once we have these people together and working on the map, Slowpoke said he'll be sending over some builders from the FTB comp he held a little bit back to help us out a bit. From there it will be IF we need anymore people as builders/how many the server can actually cope with.

Now, the only problem with this concept at the moment is that Redpower is only in Alpha, and i am unable to distribute it even to the builders, so it may be a little bit until I'm allowed to let people onto the server, though, myself and Akabane101 have the alpha copies, and will be working on it for the time being.

With this in mind, we have got permission to stream with RP while we are building the map, so there could be chances where you will be able to at least see what we are working on.

The map itself appears to be in a stable condition (mind you after about an hour and a half messing around with configs), but Rp world gen seems to be working fine, the only problem is at this current point in time, the Rp configs that i had to use to get it to work aren't the same as the FTB pack configs, but mind you, I did find a gap in the ID numbers of the configs, and i am currently working it out with Matta and Slowpoke to see if these IDs will conflict with any mods in the future, (mind you there was about a 12 ID gap with nothing in them in the current version of the mods in the pack [AKA Forgecraft/Mattacraft] just as a side note, but like i mentioned, these could be used later for other mods, as Thaumcraft and EE aren't in the iteration, aswell as a few others).

Also, i thought i may as well start a list up of current staff/builders on the map, this will obviously grow in size at a later date, but this is primarily used as a reference:

The names on this list are confirmed current members of the team. (mind you this is excluding FTB builders, Slowpoke and Mattabase at this current time).

~

- Umbra - Co-ordinator, Main designer.
- Akabane101 - Co-ordinator, Lore Creator. (All credit goes to Akabane to think of the idea of the map though)
- Nibin - Secondary Lore Creator

Builders:
- FunshineX/rondouglas
- Captainscar (Voxelbox)

(and yeah so far we have completed what you see in the thread with only myself and Akabane -woot woot :p).

Anyway, just thought i would post an update into whats actually going on.

Cheers guys and gals

~Watch this space~

bad wolf

Jul 29, 2019
Once the server is up (and RP2 is out), I guess the building process will speed up significally :D

Still sounds like an awsome project (I would really love to contribute to)

keep up the good work :D

ProCrafter_13

Jul 29, 2019
Mind if I also could join as a builder in a later stage (when RP2 is out)? I am not THAT creative but if somebody says what I have to build I build it :p (later on it can be removed anyway)! The map is just awesome dude, keep up with the good work!

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
Update on the IDs

Well, I found out that the FTB pack wont be using IDs below 200 in the final product (due to vanilla expansion), and I also found out that the block IDs that work currently for RP and the map will be changed to vanilla blocks in 1.4 (to the beacon etc etc).

So, what this basically means, is we need to change the IDs on the pre-existing world, now, normally this would be done with programs like MC-Edit or mIDas, but the problem with these is the fact that they don't work with mod blocks, MC-Edit doesn't change IDs to a mod block, and blocks will usuallt show up as either a pink or yellow block, and mIDas doesn't read the IDs out right.

Well, this means it's time to bug Mr Lex Manos that soooo owes me a favour to see if he can do something to rectify this problem, if not, Slowpoke and myself may try to ask Azanor to see if he can do something about it, as he himself has demonstrated that is is possible to "retro-gen" ores into a pre existing world, simply changing vanilla IDs to his own mod ID, but wouldn't the same apply to change an existing mod ID, to another ID of your own choosing?

We shall see........