Project: Feeding Eternal Time [Builder Applications Open!]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Gewitters

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like some interesting challenges. Glad to hear you got some help to get them under control. Thnx to Lex and whoever helped you.

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
Right....

Just as an update, the server is now up and running, and myself and Akabane101 have begun working on the map. (I must say it's a godsend to be able to work with Redpower again *cough*), and I have personally started working on some of the logic systems for various areas of the map.

The ores have been also changed to stone (including Diamond), but I have missed the IC2 ores, and they will be changed at a later date once I get the time.

Sounds awesome that you got the ids fixed, there is just one thing:

This map needs a name!

Well, if you must know, at this point in time, the map is being called: Project - Feeding Eternal Time.

The "Feeding" is a reference to FEED The Beast (yes the caps were intentional), and the section after refers to a mod, but i'm not saying what mod, or what it is a reference to, in said mod.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Is the mod private, i have never heard of anything like that? (except for a small mod that changes time)

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
so server is up and running, any possible way to join, I have TS access btw

If you can get access to the mods maybe :p

But at the moment the build team applications are closed, as A: Red power isn't available to the public, and B: We aren't sure how many people Slowpoke will be sending us, and if the server can handle "shit loads" of people.

I do understand that alot of people want to help out, and we do appreciate this, but at this point in time we are unable to open the slots due to these reasons.

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick update for everyone.......

So, it looks like the IDs that were supplied to myself an Akabane, are VERY different to what the FTB pack is, which makes things quite annoying, but not too bad, the Extra Biomes IDs are a little 'out of whack', but I was aware of this in 1.3.2 when we were building, and it seems like there is a few issues with some of the current IDs in 1.4.2, that hopefully will be sorted out soon.

Hopefully in the near future, there should be a server up with the map in V0.3, but we still have to wait for RP to the public before I start inviting people :)

~Cheers guys~

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
But i fear that we have to wait for Redpower before the map can really be made.

I am sure that we will, but IMHO Redpower is well worth the wait (especially with all the new toys she's added) and at this point I don't expect it to be much longer then a month at most.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
I am sure that we will, but IMHO Redpower is well worth the wait (especially with all the new toys she's added) and at this point I don't expect it to be much longer then a month at most.

And then we'll have 1.5. Oh well, give Eloraam time to do her work.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
And then we'll have 1.5. Oh well, give Eloraam time to do her work.

You can't think that far ahead. Eloraam will come out with Redpower soon enough. This transition from 1.2.5-1.3.2 and up is a very big transition for several reasons. 1, a lot of coding had to change because of how much minecraft changed internally. 2, Every time elo gets something done minecraft updates again and she has to push all of those changes back to the newest release. Give elo time, it will be amazing when it comes out, end of story.