Project: Feeding Eternal Time [Builder Applications Open!]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Instead of just stating it flatly "7 blocks" and possibly in addition to a riddle that shows it (with a bit of work to solve the riddle) you could include the diary (in a written book) of another traveler who had solved such things before at some time in the past. Picture how in myst there's always the notes in the library...

Reactions: Barbarian Kitten

adib

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
Instead of just stating it flatly "7 blocks" and possibly in addition to a riddle that shows it (with a bit of work to solve the riddle) you could include the diary (in a written book) of another traveler who had solved such things before at some time in the past. Picture how in myst there's always the notes in the library...
im always a fan of letting small hints behind even tough they might be useless..

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
Umbra this looks and sounds awesome :D Hopefully it comes in within a month of the Modpack coming out.

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:

OH YEAH! I was forgetting those books!
Like, making a huge "I'm feeling the beast lore" with a guy's insanes' Diary entries and trying to figure out a puzzle and everything. or like "torn Diary part1" books that you find there and there to help you with the quests, or some of them.

and in the end "the beast" could be a chicken or a dog, which the guy was really afraid of. y'know, to scare the player all along but in the end it's not scary =D (or at least when the player thinks it's not scary...BAM! monster backstabbing you!)

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
ICountFrom0 said:

OH YEAH! I was forgetting those books!
Like, making a huge "I'm feeling the beast lore" with a guy's insanes' Diary entries and trying to figure out a puzzle and everything. or like "torn Diary part1" books that you find there and there to help you with the quests, or some of them.

and in the end "the beast" could be a chicken or a dog, which the guy was really afraid of. y'know, to scare the player all along but in the end it's not scary =D (or at least when the player thinks it's not scary...BAM! monster backstabbing you!)

That would be pretty awesome, using books as lore. Now your idea throws me off a bit, because I find it odd that the beast would be a chicken or dog or really any peaceful mob. Maybe, just maybe, they could use the ender dragon and the enderman as the beast(s), even though that is used typically through most of minecraft.

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
MrSphex said:
That would be pretty awesome, using books as lore. Now your idea throws me off a bit, because I find it odd that the beast would be a chicken or dog or really any peaceful mob. Maybe, just maybe, they could use the ender dragon and the enderman as the beast(s), even though that is used typically through most of minecraft.

Well, The guy who initially wrote the diary, Maybe he was tormented by said chicken. and became badcrap crazy about the chicken. And developpe an insane world around that insanity for a simple chicken. it could make for a dungeon with a lot of traps that the guy made to save himself, and at the end of the dungeon could be a chicken and the remains of a guy. y'know, a few bones, bone meal, rotten flesh, and an ender backpack or something akin to that!

Reactions: patrick371213

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
MrSphex said:

Well, The guy who initially wrote the diary, Maybe he was tormented by said chicken. and became badcrap crazy about the chicken. And developpe an insane world around that insanity for a simple chicken. it could make for a dungeon with a lot of traps that the guy made to save himself, and at the end of the dungeon could be a chicken and the remains of a guy. y'know, a few bones, bone meal, rotten flesh, and an ender backpack or something akin to that!

That would be pretty damn hilarious xD

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
MrSphex said:
Umbra this looks and sounds awesome :D Hopefully it comes in within a month of the Modpack coming out.

Cheers mate :)

Yeah we hope to get it out asap, but at the moment we are waiting for the mods to be released.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Umbra said:
MrSphex said:

Cheers mate :)

Yeah we hope to get it out asap, but at the moment we are waiting for the mods to be released.
Modder y u no release faster?

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:

Because it depending on how big the mod is, since 1.3 changed a lot, Forge had to change a lot, and if you have a huge mod, you have to change a lot to make it fit with the new forge and client/server thingamabob, In some cases, I'm pretty sure you have to build everything from scratch, or at least a good portion of it has to be done from scratch.

now, I never did modding, But I did do some programming before, and to comments like yours, I replied "Why don't you do it yourself then?" lol
Just wait, We're lucky the modders are willing to use their time to do that.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
adib said:

Because it depending on how big the mod is, since 1.3 changed a lot, Forge had to change a lot, and if you have a huge mod, you have to change a lot to make it fit with the new forge and client/server thingamabob, In some cases, I'm pretty sure you have to build everything from scratch, or at least a good portion of it has to be done from scratch.

now, I never did modding, But I did do some programming before, and to comments like yours, I replied "Why don't you do it yourself then?" lol
Just wait, We're lucky the modders are willing to use their time to do that.
wow you actually took that seriously :p. i know modding takes alot of time and certain things have been rewritten which forces other things to rewrite from start pretty much. too bad modding isnt like boom done.

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
Update:

-Starting World Lore draft completed.
-Completed 2nd world Lore.
-Added Language
-Added and Completed Factions
-Completed Drafted Ideas for 2nd world - Waiting on mods...

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Waiting on the edge of the chair waiting for this :geek:
Also how much are you planning to make on this, the map makes it look like there's a lot to come.

Good luck :D

adib

Jul 29, 2019
frederikam said:
Also how much are you planning to make on this, the map makes it look like there's a lot to come.

you'll probably fall off before it comes out.

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
frederikam said:

We are planning to complete the entire island that you see in the map.

And a possible expansion in the future, if we get enough popularity from this version of the map.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Umbra said:
frederikam said:

And a possible expansion in the future, if we get enough popularity from this version of the map.

With that do you mean like Mystcraft ages, and IC2 teleporters teleporting you somewhere far?

adib said:
Not when you have "EXTRA EPIC SUPER GLUE" on your chair :mrgreen:

adib

Jul 29, 2019
frederikam said:
Umbra said:
frederikam said:

With that do you mean like Mystcraft ages, and IC2 teleporters teleporting you somewhere far?

adib said:
Not when you have "EXTRA EPIC SUPER GLUE" on your chair :mrgreen:
cheater.
please dont use ic2 teleporters, just use mystcraft with intra age linking books.

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
I have been thinking up ideas for an expansion if there is one.

And yeah, it would be a myst world as the current world gen that we have will have to be updated to handle Extra biomes from the mod pack.

And depending on the additions to the pack, XYcraft looks like a nice candidate for a whole section of that map, + with the addition of thaum generation and corruption in the world it would be interesting, but that's the ideas that are floating around, but, mind you we have to get the current version done at the moment, and with that said, the mods will need to be out before we can do some serious building.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
cheater.
please dont use ic2 teleporters, just use mystcraft with intra age linking books.

Y U hate IC2 teleporter?
Umbra said:

And yeah, it would be a myst world as the current world gen that we have will have to be updated to handle Extra biomes from the mod pack.

And depending on the additions to the pack, XYcraft looks like a nice candidate for a whole section of that map, + with the addition of thaum generation and corruption in the world it would be interesting, but that's the ideas that are floating around, but, mind you we have to get the current version done at the moment, and with that said, the mods will need to be out before we can do some serious building.

I'm sure that the developers are doing their hard work on updating the mods to 1.3.2. Also what biomes would you like to have. I have never used that mod before, but i know there's a lot of biomes you can have, making the world look great.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
frederikam said:
adib said:
cheater.

Y U hate IC2 teleporter?
Umbra said:

I'm sure that the developers are doing their hard work on updating the mods to 1.3.2. Also what biomes would you like to have. I have never used that mod before, but i know there's a lot of biomes you can have, making the world look great.
because they are very buggy in smp.