Project: Feeding Eternal Time [Builder Applications Open!]

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
3L4oL.jpg

Hey everyone.

This project has been a long time coming, and the map itself has been worked on since Aug of 2012, but needless to say, we are still continuing on with progress building the map.

We currently have a build team of over 17 members, and is always growing, made up from people all over the world, and as always, I welcome their help on the map, and thank them for their contribution :)

If you wish to join the team, unfortunately I don't accept people on a whim into the build team, I want to see something that makes you stand out from the crowd, so to speak.

Basically, I want to see something you have built, be it aesthetic or technical, your choice, but i want to see what people can do, and I want things to be unique, as anyone now days most people can do a sorting system.

To enter, simply send me private message either on here in the FTB forums, or on Youtube if you wish, (Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Umbra2614 ).

In your message, please include several things in this format:

------------------------------------------------

-Name:
-Best strength in Minecraft:
-Have you written any kind of medieval lore before:
-If yes to the above, would you be willing to write lore for the map (If no, leave blank):
-Are you adept in coding for either Computercraft in LUA, or RedPower in Elo-Forth:
-Have you ever been in any large map or town building project before:
-The build team operates in 3 separate teams of builders doing specific jobs, The Aesthetic team, The Redstone team, and the Lore Team, if you were accepted, which team would you prefer to be in and why:

------------------------------------------------

After the above is answered, please attach either a picture or a link to a video of the work you wish to submit, again, as i said, be it aesthetic or technical.

Now, I know that i have left the questions quite broad, but i want to see what you guys can think of for the answers is all. In terms of name, I don't mind if you either use personal name or an alias, take your pick :)

-Update 26/7/2013:

So, at the moment, i am working a few things out with Slow regarding the pack, but, even to say that, there will be some form of pack hopefully up on the next coming Monday. For a pre-release of the logo I was required to make for the pack (which I only threw together in about 5 mins mind you) check the top of this post :)

Now onto spoilers, and various images of the map.

Basically, throughout this thread I have placed several spoilers if you will, that include various aspects of the map, these include various exerpts, and updates, and sometimes I show a screenshot or two, here is the current list of 'spoilers':

The link here is a link to the overall map of the continent. Several aspects have changed since this screenshot, but this was the initial map:

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq42/Akabane101/MapofKinereath.png

Alright, the 1st photo is still posted towards the start of the whole thread, and it shows the starting area in the state of Koreath.

Before:
2012-08-24_110121.png

After:

after_zps63dba0df.png

Yes, i know that the texture went back to vanilla in the 'after', don't worry.

The second Picture shows the undercity of the capital town of Kynareth, in the state of Koreath:

FTBAdv3.png

The third picture shows the Great Tree in the town of Gnarlwood, in the state of Marshlands (Keep in mind that the Marshlands has 2 main towns in it):

FTBadv2.png

For those that remember the ore spawning system, this has now been replaced with a new design :)

Right, and now onto something very awesome!!!!

The next picture is something from the map that hasn't been shown before.........

Before you view this picture, you have to keep in mind that:

A - This was built 100% legitly in survival.......

B - I'm not going to tell you what this is for just yet....... (So don't ask).

and

C - I give mad props to rondouglas (FunshineX) who actually built this structure.

Here's a link to his Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rondouglas

Alright, here we go...:

2012-10-17_161942.png

I think i'll just park this here..............

2013-01-23_125639_zpsace1710e.png

...........yeah, I don't see anything wrong with parking a temple over a volcano.............

2013-01-23_130447_zpsc8aa73c3.png

..............Yep, nothing at all..........

In other news, with the teams setup, there has been alot more progress on the map, a whole province has been re-done and re-terraformed into a mountain from a small land, Lore for a whole province, town, and quests for this province has been written, including NPC names, and full quest rewards (within 2days i might add [Thanks Kiwi!]), several ruins and temples have been made and some have been placed into the map, and our monument (yeah you heard me) has been given a full redesign.

Alot of what has been added is non-public for the moment (sorry), but i don't want to spoil everything of the map, the only thing that I will show is the new Archmage of the Mages Guild. Archmage Hailinx:

BNYseYU.jpg

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
We do have some easter eggs planned, as a quick idea, Pah has given us the idea of putting in a town dedicated to him, that he wants called "Frown Town" (the name was his idea not ours, hence why a town dedicated to Pah and the mod he maintains).

More on it later, but we do have more ideas available in the future.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
seems very interesting, will it be an real adventure map or an map where you have to complete challanges?
either way keep us posted!

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
If I can make a suggestion. Maybe you could invent your own "unit of distance" example "7 blocks = 1kruyl" then instead of the road system, you could add signs that says "Xname Village 59 Kryul west 9 Kryul North" because I played adventure maps before and the road system was a bit boring and linear, Not saying that your map will be like that. I just want to prevent the offchance of it being like that.

--edit--

Oh and Ideally, not telling us what the Unit of Distance really is worth. Then we have to figure it out ourselves =D

Reactions: Mahdniss

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
Thats a nice idea actually, i will voice it to Akabane and see what he thinks.

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
seems very interesting, will it be an real adventure map or an map where you have to complete challanges?
either way keep us posted!

It will have an overall story to it, separate challenges involve dungeons caves etc, that will be maintained by various systems to make some more difficult than others.

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
oops, you posted before my Edit! make sure you don't miss it =D

Don't worry, i saw it :p

But yeah not telling them would be the fun of it, it's almost like how George Lucas passed off a Parsec as a time unit, but yet it's actually a measure of length, go figure :p

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
Umbra said:
DarkJDL said:

But yeah not telling them would be the fun of it, it's almost like how George Lucas passed off a Parsec as a time unit, but yet it's actually a measure of length, go figure :p

and you know, you could extend it to very scarce measures and naming conventions of these measure, IE
It's easy to know that a meter is related to a kilometer for someone who never learned them. they have 5 letters in common (in the same order)
but someone who never learned "inch, foot, yard..." These are very scarce namings.
So you could have a measure that is like 964048 "plocark" but actually are like 1/60253 of a block and that is 16 blocks away. lol But once the player figures it out, it helps them figure other secrets.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAnyways, You guys are the bosses.

Reactions: patrick371213

adib

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
Umbra said:
DarkJDL said:

and you know, you could extend it to very scarce measures and naming conventions of these measure, IE
It's easy to know that a meter is related to a kilometer for someone who never learned them. they have 5 letters in common (in the same order)
but someone who never learned "inch, foot, yard..." These are very scarce namings.
So you could have a measure that is like 964048 "plocark" but actually are like 1/60253 of a block and that is 16 blocks away. lol But once the player figures it out, it helps them figure other secrets.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAnyways, You guys are the bosses.
that be just evil....

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
that be just evil....

I love evil, evil and very complex I really love those they make me tingle on the inside! :O

I think you should also have hints that are very far from their actual goal as well as some that are close. IE, hint at the beginning that says "The wooden man is wise enough to know his way" in a forest village, but with nothing that has to do with it in the surrounding, and later in the map, be there a wooden statue pointing somewhere, and when you go in that direction, there's a secret. but people forget because it was very early in the map.

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
Thought i might post a quick screenie of the starting area as it stands at the moment.

Due to the progression of the map, the starting area wont have any mod blocks in it apart from decorative.

2012-08-24_110121.png

We have also made it so the area feels a little bit run down, which is always fun :)

Also, if you wanted more than this, Akabane did a quick video on the map as it stood a while back, there is alot more completed than what he shows in this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXTc72WGHag&feature=plcp

Enjoy :)

Tjakehaslam

Jul 29, 2019
its a great idea, I would play it when the official modpack comes out. the freedom to explore is really nice.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Umbra said:
Thought i might post a quick screenie of the starting area as it stands at the moment.

Due to the progression of the map, the starting area wont have any mod blocks in it apart from decorative.

2012-08-24_110121.png

We have also made it so the area feels a little bit run down, which is always fun :)

Also, if you wanted more than this, Akabane did a quick video on the map as it stood a while back, there is alot more completed than what he shows in this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXTc72WGHag&feature=plcp

Enjoy :)

i suggest making the sails folded at the top or way less curved, since the ship is standing still.

Project0verkill

Jul 29, 2019
I would definitely be interested in something like this especially when the mod pack is out. I agree with the idea of just having measurements and not having roads lead the way everywhere.