Project: Feeding Eternal Time [Builder Applications Open!]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
You can't think that far ahead. Eloraam will come out with Redpower soon enough. This transition from 1.2.5-1.3.2 and up is a very big transition for several reasons. 1, a lot of coding had to change because of how much minecraft changed internally. 2, Every time elo gets something done minecraft updates again and she has to push all of those changes back to the newest release. Give elo time, it will be amazing when it comes out, end of story.

I agree that Eloraam should have time, and i know what situation the forgemod community is in.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
I agree that Eloraam should have time, and i know what situation the forgemod community is in.

Yeah, idk I just get upset at people thinking elo is lazy and doesn't care about the modding community. Elo is elo, she works on a massive mod by herself, she puts out a mod with almost 0 bugs when does put it out, everything in her mod is amazing, and so far no other person has made anything that is better. We can whine and complain like small children, or we can wait patiently (just because were patient doesn't mean were not uber excited) and be very happy when we get it.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, idk I just get upset at people thinking elo is lazy and doesn't care about the modding community. Elo is elo, she works on a massive mod by herself, she puts out a mod with almost 0 bugs when does put it out, everything in her mod is amazing, and so far no other person has made anything that is better. We can whine and complain like small children, or we can wait patiently (just because were patient doesn't mean were not uber excited) and be very happy when we get it.

I think exactly the same, but remember that Redpower is not the only mod we wait patiently for.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
I think exactly the same, but remember that Redpower is not the only mod we wait patiently for.

Thats for sure, I have been waiting on the edge of my seat for EE3 since it was first announced that there was going to be a EE3 back in 1.2.5. Also Xycraft, and Thaumcraft are both mods I really want to get my hands on. All in all the FTB mod pack is still very beta right now, the launcher and the server host has issues that are being pressed out, many of the mods in there are still very beta and several of the intended mods to be in there aren't even released yet.

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
~Just an update~

-Managed to find a way to get most of the mods needed, just have to wait and see if Matta bloody well remembers, grrrrrrrr.

-Sorted out the problem with the IDs in the current FTB pack, and the guys in the pack dev team are fixing it as we speak (i wont speak about what I found incorrect, just know that in the current pack, there is alot of errors, *cough*)

-More to the point, we now have a way to add NPCs to the map. NPCs that can give you quests, follow you around as a bard, or a warrior, there is also a way to add humanoid boss mobs with this aswell, but this mod is exactly what myself and Akabane wanted added, and we have found it!!! So, in knowing this, it will make the map overall more fluid, as players wont have to do quests and complete things through IC2 Trade-O-Mats, and it will make the map seem like there is actual life on the map. The only problem with this, is the fact that player may have to add a mod, but there is also a way around this aswell. Basically I can request that we have a map specific pack that players can download from the FTB launcher, but we will have to get full permission and rights to do so, OR, we may just have to make players download the mod afterwards, and add it in themselves.

For those that are following this thread, what is your opinion on the matter? Would you mind if you had to download 1, maybe 2 mods ontop of the FTB pack to play this map?

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks tons for the update. Looking forward to the release of this, gonna be sweet.

As far as having to download a few mods on top of the ftb pack I would be all for that, it would not be the best solution because there are going to be those out there that are going to want to play this map but not understand how to add mods to the FTB pack (though this should be few because it is pretty simple with the FTB launcher/multimc) If you do add a few mods on top make sure and make it as easy as possible for people (I.E. download links, pre configured config files, and easy to follow instructions.

Gewitters

Jul 29, 2019
I would agree that personally it wouldn't be a big deal to add another mod or two (or 12) if needed. Simple instructions, do help those that don't do it often though.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for the update.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
I am fond that you found a mod that works perfectly with this map. I wouldn't mind if i had to install 30 mods myself (i enjoy putting the mod together), but this is a huge problem for users which have never installed mods without a launcher. I am sure that the launcher could take care of this.

Keep on the good work and thanks for the update.

FC360

Jul 29, 2019
For those that are following this thread, what is your opinion on the matter? Would you mind if you had to download 1, maybe 2 mods ontop of the FTB pack to play this map?

Wouldn't it be possible to talk to the FTB team and ask if they could include the modpack required to play on the map with the launcher and also have the map downloadable kinda like how they did it with the 1.2.5 FTB map.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't it be possible to talk to the FTB team and ask if they could include the modpack required to play on the map with the launcher and also have the map downloadable kinda like how they did it with the 1.2.5 FTB map.

Well, there is endless options on how they could do it.

RampantPanda65

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't mind installling one or two mods on top of the FTB pack. It's so easy to install mods these days.

Remember when we had to manually drag in the .class files into the bin folder...

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so this maybe a long post, but please bear with it................

Right, so, the whole question i had about people adding mods after the pack can be completely forgotten, as I spoke to Slowpoke about it, and He has agreed to add our own pack to the launcher which can contain all the mods and configs that we desire. So, this will save time on installation etc etc, and will make our time easier to deal with support for the map as well (which is great, cause as you know, gamers like myself and Akabane are extremely lazy).

For those that were wondering what mod we found to use for the NPCs, heres a link:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/833003-145-custom-npcs-splanmp/

With this we can make the map seem alot more fluid, and make it seem like there is actual life in the map.
The mod is under the creative commons license, so we wont have to worry about mod permissions, but to be on the safe side, we are letting the mod author know about what we are doing by adding it to the launcher. This task will be handled by Slowpoke obviously, and he has agreed to do so as well (YAY! :) ).
I also believe that there is a function to add custom sounds to the NPCs as well, and there could be a chance we might get Akabane doing some voice acting for the map (as well as any others that may want to help).

Just so everyone is aware, the server is still down waiting on a reply from Slow to get the mods required, and a possible inclusion of Azanor's Thaumcraft to the server would be great as well, as we can start working on magic early. (yeah, theres magic, didn't you know about the Mage's Guild? hmmm, well now you do).

So, with the server still down, and the mods not public, we are still unable to let anyone join to help us out (as much as we need it *cough*).

Right, time for the fun part..........

For, the few of you who have been following this post from the start, you may recall I added some pictures here and there direct from the map, or from sections that we are working on. You may also recall that the server was rolled back, and we lost alot of these pictures, so, I decided to include into this post, those pictures that were lost, just so the people that are just coming across this post, know a little bit more about it is all.

Before I re-link these pictures, I'm going to add another link to the overall map, so you can reference where the pictures are taken:

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq42/Akabane101/MapofKinereath.png

Alright, the 1st photo is still posted towards the start of the whole thread, and it shows the starting area in the state of Koreath.

Before you ask, yes, everything we have made on this map is being hand built, and so far only with 2 people working on it.......

2012-08-24_110121.png

The second Picture shows the undercity of the capital town of Kynareth, in the state of Koreath:

FTBAdv3.png

The third picture shows the Great Tree in the town of Gnarlwood, in the state of Marshlands (Keep in mind that the Marshlands has 2 main towns in it):

FTBadv2.png

The next 3 pictures all show the auto-Ore replenishment system that we plan on using for the mining areas of the map, for those that remember it, the system hasn't really changed that much, but for those who don't know about it, well, put it this way. We needed a way to have mining areas in the map (as we have removed all ores from the world), and we wanted a way to replenish these ores once they were mined, and in a way that we could control when they respawned, and how often they did so. back when I 1st posted this, I set out a challenge to see if anyone in this thread could figure out how myself and Mattabase came up with the way this does work, Keeping in mind that all the wiring had to be completely invisible to the player. In the entire time that I had this challenge up, only one person managed to figure it all out. I'm sorry, I forget your name as the PM was deleted from the server fail, but congrats to that person (you know who you are).

POC1.png

POC2.png

POCwiring.png

Right, and now onto something very awesome!!!!

The next picture is something from the map that hasn't been shown before.........

Before you view this picture, you have to keep in mind that:

A - This was built 100% legitly in survival.......

B - I'm not going to tell you what this is for just yet....... (So don't ask).

and

C - I give mad props to rondouglas (FunshineX) who actually built this structure.

Here's a link to his Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rondouglas

Alright, here we go...:

2012-10-17_161942.png

That is all........

Have fun!!!

Until next time....

~Umbra~

Reactions: Colt_Darkfire

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the big post. Did funshine really make that in survival?

Yeah, he built it a while ago on Nishtown's server, and i got to basically watch the progress of the whole thing with quarries using the water glitch with pumps and RP pumps as he drained the entire basin out.

But, don't worry, I got his permission to use the monument, and also due to this, I extended the invitation out to him as a builder if he wants to help out aswell.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow! I mean, I was looking forward to playing on this map for sure, but now, its like I was thinking "wow this is a cool idea for a map can't wait". But after I read that last post its more like, "Holy crap, they built that all by hand? Wow they must really be giving attention to details. *reads part about mod pack* Wow there even adding a mod pack to specifically for this map? That means slow approves of this map, that means it has to be even more awesome then I was first thinking".

P.S. If you didn't catch it up there, I am really looking forward to the release of this map. Keep up the amazing work.

Reactions: Umbra

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
~Alright, just an update~

I have a new test client at the moment with the mods that I feel would be great for our adventure map. I currently have 2 testers using this client to see how it performs on their comps, as well as their opinions on how everything is to play.

If all goes well, I may be able to release a small un-official pack if enough interest is there, so I can get a few more testers on said pack, hell! I may even be able to include a version of the adventure map save if there is enough interest in it, but you have to keep in mind, that ANY redpower blocks will be gone, and there is sections of the world that look VERY strange with out the RP blocks.

The instance is no where near complete, as I still need to add RP and Thaumcraft (but I do have the client version of RP *cough*), but as it stands the instance seems to be very stable with little to no lag on my own PC, but, this is where the testers will come in.

The current 2 testers are damnedsky and FunshineX, who have been offered builders spots for the map, and I have also known them for a quite a while, BUT, they have an early version of the pack, which still has some mods in there that I have later removed, either due to no use for the map, or that the mod may be a little bit overpowered (some mods that were removed are: Dynamic Mazes, Smart Moving, Power Converters, etc etc), and you may think, why the hell were they in there in the 1st place? Well, this is due to the fact that I started with the instance for Mattacraft, and I have just been trimming it down, (makes it easier, hehehe).

Anyway........ there could be a few more testers of the pack in the future, but, I thought i may as well put it out there that there is a pack that is currently working and in testing :)

Have fun

~Umbra~