[Poll] Do you use Gregtech?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Do you use gregtech?

• Total voters

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Do they have self-replication capabilities?
No, it's just a digging army. It requires turtles to be stackable. It is possible to make it pull turtles from a chest, but how do you repair their tools when they break? Breakable turtle tools is an awful idea.
Sorry, can't say anything more on topic. I use it in hard mode...

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
No, it's just a digging army. It requires turtles to be stackable. .

Being unable to label the turtle would be unacceptably wasteful to me anyways. I like to drop a turtle next to an EU charger overnight and get a million steps charged up and never worry about fuel again.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Being unable to label the turtle would be unacceptably wasteful to me anyways. I like to drop a turtle next to an EU charger overnight and get a million steps charged up and never worry about fuel again.
Did you see the program? You don't need to lable those turtles. They are getting their scripts automatically and then return to master. Do you want to carry 64 labeled turtles in your inventory?

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Did you see the program? You don't need to lable those turtles. They are getting their scripts automatically and then return to master. Do you want to carry 64 labeled turtles in your inventory?

Did you read my message? If you don't label a turtle it loses all fuel when it is picked up.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, not to be a stick in the turtlemud, but I'm pretty sure that the modster isn't gonna be too psyched about this chain of discussion.

Anyways, I'm off to bed. If this thread isn't here in the later morning, I'll assume my post was disregarded.

Reactions: Lawbroken

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
You just didn't get the purpose of the script. It uses only two mods - ComputerCraft and EnderChests. It is not designed for charge pads, it uses the ender chests with solid fuel. I know that they lose some fuel, but do you really care about charcoal at the poind where you have diamonds and EnderChests to make that army?[DOUBLEPOST=1366803214][/DOUBLEPOST]
Guys, not to be a stick in the turtlemud, but I'm pretty sure that the modster isn't gonna be too psyched about this chain of discussion.

Anyways, I'm off to bed. If this thread isn't here in the later morning, I'll assume my post was disregarded.
Sorry...

ea-st-ar

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech is good. It sets wider range of goals for you.
I'm playing it on Hard Mode. Not becouse I want to, but becouse the server I play on is set like that.

I don't even know what is it without it :eek:

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Too bad that the questions themselves make sure that this will never be an objective thread: the poll itself is rather subjective.[DOUBLEPOST=1366806199][/DOUBLEPOST]
You should probably have stuck in a "No my pack Don't use that Mod!"

Indeed. We moved from Ultimate to DW20 because of how slowly Ultimate updates so that means no GT. I would prefer having GT with 'easy' settings (or whatever; the settings that don't mess with other mods).

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
GT nerfs Block Breakers(Only breaks blocks that Iron can break and not instantly)
Pretty sure it doesn't.

makes machines explode when they're hit with lightning (they burn, they send a 4X pulse through the network, which can cause chain explosions when you wire things improperly or hook up power in an improper way)
Only GregTech machines do that.

some stuff can't be "uncrafted" with the alloy furnace from RP2
Didn't know about that, but all that stuff can be uncrafted in a regular furnace, making it a buff?

It has such a different power curve than every other mod, that it feels kinda out of place for me, with what i was used to, and it adds SO MANY THINGS that i'm kind of lost, i mean, the MASSIVE amount of byproducts you get from the electrolyzer, the combinations, the new ores and everything else, on top of all that already exists, is pretty mindblowing.
That's the main thing GT has going for it. I wouldn't use GT if it was just nerfs, noone would.

Edit: Reply is late.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure it doesn't.
GT has a disabled nerf that make you use diamond grinders or wolfranium grinders in block breakers instead of iron picks. It's disabled by default, but can be turned on.

But I don't see how it's not a partial buff. Who wants tons of Iron Picks filling up their inventory when trying to make a stack of block breakers for their frame quarry? Not me! :p

Nefroz

Jul 29, 2019
I do believe my signature says it all. However the things he adds to the game are pretty cool. If I was playing multiplayer Gtech hard would be more entertaining. I have gotten to quantum armor on GT Hardmode on a MP server I play on, so it not really about "omg this is so hard" It's more like man this is kinda grindy why would I wanna do this alone?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I'm not sure why your ADD matters.

My "ADD" matters because it's how I want, and choose to play my game. I use mods with configs that facilitate that. You can choose to forfeit your ability to play your game as you see fit and leave that up to mod devs and/or ftb devs and/or server owners. If you accept that that's totally up to you but condescending shit like this:

You're really gonna be fun to watch when your head explodes when you hear about the Railcraft boiler and Turtle nerfs.

Is old. If GT is doing it idgf since I'll never use it but if either GT or the mods they come from are doing it and IF not offering a config for it then it is a mistake, in my opinion. I don't particularly use boilers but I hardly can fathom how they need nerfs at all. I also don't even have fuel enabled for turtles because, well, I want it that way. It's just like with cpw nerfing the Filler. He had no real reason to do what he did when there was already a config option that could do the same thing virtually. Him doing it the way he did it was a prick move, in my opinion.

My head doesn't explode when things take a turn the way I don't like; I just remove the mod if it's changed in a way I don't like.

I won't use it until he adds a config for the bronze nerf.

Gregtech.cfg:

B:ForestryBronzeNerf=false

niklasswe42

Jul 29, 2019
I´m playing ultimate with GT on easy mode. I think it is a really good mod and I am sure its alot of fun. But it is soooooo slowpaced, I cant take it :( .I saw someone in the comments saying he´s not surewhy someones ADD matters, but let me tell you this. I got ADD and my brain is like this: it is like a computer that periodically erases your RAM but your computer runs at 1000 Mhz and multitasks like a supercomputer.* And what I mean with that is that GT(or alot of mods actually) is almost IMPOSSIBLE to play just for the pure amount of times or complexity. But overall I enjoy it alot, or until I get issues with power and just starts over ;)

*I got that quote from the internet and I just found it suitable because it is so correct.

Edit: wow that comment took 15 minutes to write..

Reactions: Hoff

Talonar

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I will never willingly play with Gregtech and it IS a dividing mod as said before. Being honest I do not like mods that interfere with the original authors views of their own mods. Its offensive in my mind and the sheer fact that it does that is a negative point to me. The other negative is that I don't have 10x the time to devote/throw away to properly play Gregtech. I do understand why, but I just don't care to torture myself.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Has there ever been any official FTB Team explanation for why Gregtech is used as a "difficulty" factor?

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
You managed to make your post so i can't quote it correctly.

Polls and other statistics are a great source of information, so it isn't pointless. Even if all FTB players aren't on the forums, I suppose the ones here are a representative part of the FTB players. So for a ratio poll, it'll work fine. And i suppose there must be at least 10% of FTB players here.
Polls are, in fact, a terrible source of information if the methodology is poor. Your other statements are wild assumptions that I suspect are inaccurate. Don't suggest to yourself or others that this poll has any value besides bumping your post count.

That said, I like GregTech, and I particularly like his comprehensive configs, something I think more mod authors ought to consider. I do, however, understand how people might not enjoy it, especially if they have limited playtime. There's no question it slows progression, which for some will increase the amount of time they're having fun in their world, but for others can provide a roadblock to 'starting' to have fun in their world.

Reactions: Lambert2191