Poll: Do you like GregTech?

Do you like GregTech

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 is such a small mod, or used to be, that it really needed a large mod like GregTech to supplement it. Lately, with IC2 expanding and changing so much, with a lot of GregTech influence, that it almost seems like GregTech is about to become IC2 standard. I liked GregTech a lot more in 1.4.7 where it was a lot less intrusive. Changing some of the basics of IC2 is ok, but changing the basics of the vanilla game is a bit too far. If i wanted something that wasn't Vanilla+Mods, then odds are i'd play a different game all together. IC2 needs an add-on like gregtech. Forestry, Buildcraft, Thaumcraft, Tinkers' Construct, and IC2 all have really good add-ons, but none of them completely rewrite the way you have to play the mod let alone the Vanilla game.

I played the Unhinged modpack and was quite entertained by it, mean while calling Greg an asshole and laughing half the time, but entertained none the less. I didn't stop playing it until i hit the wait for Iridium stage of Gregtech. Shortly after, 1.6 packs started rolling out on various launchers.

Actually all of us LOVE when mods change vanilla. Because that is what every mod does. People often say
"changing vanilla went too far" but really it's that the changes made things harder. No one cares that mods allow people to change the basic vanilla mechanic of 1 ore = 1 ingot. Right? Or a mod like Better Enchanting that changes the vanilla rules on how enchanting works. These mods don't overwrite the original recipe or mechanic, but nerfs only work if you eliminate the original option. It doesn't matter that better enchanting leaves you the option to enchant things randomly, no one will use it when the can choose sharpness with just a piece of paper and 1 flint.

Once we got used to the changes, my group likes them. It extends the early game and really makes achieving the machines to make plates or cut logs feel very satisfying.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Actually all of us LOVE when mods change vanilla. Because that is what every mod does. People often say
"changing vanilla went too far" but really it's that the changes made things harder. No one cares that mods allow people to change the basic vanilla mechanic of 1 ore = 1 ingot. Right? Or a mod like Better Enchanting that changes the vanilla rules on how enchanting works. These mods don't overwrite the original recipe or mechanic, but nerfs only work if you eliminate the original option. It doesn't matter that better enchanting leaves you the option to enchant things randomly, no one will use it when the can choose sharpness with just a piece of paper and 1 flint.

Once we got used to the changes, my group likes them. It extends the early game and really makes achieving the machines to make plates or cut logs feel very satisfying.
When I play a mod that positively drives me away from a let's play, it goes too far.

Yes, I speak from experience.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

Zorn. You can remove my name and content from your signature or I will go to FTB mods about it. You have no fair use right to that content, and I do not want you misquoting me anymore.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
When I play a mod that positively drives me away from a let's play, it goes too far.

Yes, I speak from experience.

If it's not for you that's fine. I'm just saying people really do like when mods change vanilla.

Also to reply to a different comment about the harder stone, afk hunger, or adventure mode: I just installed gregtech 1.6 like 6 weeks ago and all of those options are disabled by default. It's nice for people who might want harder stone but not want to instal the whole iguana tweaks mod to get it.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Have another notification :)
irMt5wN.gif

Reactions: abculatter_2

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, that's trending on imgur today. You're not using that gif right... Own interpretation though.
I just like the pics on that site. The hive mind that imposes "proper use" of images is rather annoying to me and I usually disagree with their views.

And I hate doge & pokemon.

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I tried Gregtech once and liked it for the awesome machines it adds, but I hated the fact it changed a lot of recipes for both vanilla Minecraft and IndustrialCraft and made them much harder than they needed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.