Poll: Do you like GregTech?

Do you like GregTech

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Yes- editing textures is fairly easy now its all individual images instead of a sheet. (damn- you've got me going. I have to add pinkamena ore now)

My own experience; its more aesthetic than gameplay. The amount of ores that actually have a noticeable missing side was pretty small- never really saw it more than once every few ore nodes. The chances of actually losing an ore to this seems pretty small - you'll probably lose more to hidden lava pockets and random creepers. The effect looks pretty cool though.

Reactions: Pyure

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
You had a better experience than I, Celestial. The only way I knew I'd run across Greg ores, more times than not, was because NEI/WAILA tooltips told me I was looking at it. I honestly found it obscenely annoying and one of those little things that added up to me ditching Greg and his Tech all those moons ago. And, no, I never did bother to look back.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
I love this mod. I understand people and why they may have issues with the mod but the mod is fantastic.
I play on Greg's server, and he is also a very nice guy. Honestly half the hate he gets is only received through a giant game of telephone. Complete bullshit, basically. People: Play the mod if you like it, ignore it if you dont. The end good night have nice day.

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
I love this mod. I understand people and why they may have issues with the mod but the mod is fantastic.
I play on Greg's server, and he is also a very nice guy. Honestly half the hate he gets is only received through a giant game of telephone. Complete bullshit, basically. People: Play the mod if you like it, ignore it if you dont. The end good night have nice day.

Wait does he/his community has a server?.
Link ;D?

Jul 29, 2019
No kidding...even I took a step back when I looked at the configs. No charcoal? Dang.

Whats so bad about no charcoal. If its about first nights than i say: Back in my day. You had to get coal in your first night or you will die :3.

If not for first nights: Whats so bad about it?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Whats so bad about no charcoal. If its about first nights than i say: Back in my day. You had to get coal in your first night or you will die :3.

If not for first nights: Whats so bad about it?
Not much really, just took me a second to absorb it. Really all I am thinking is that first night, you're right. I frequently spend more time doing silly things like hunting for seeds (if I think food might be an issue) or clay (if a modpack has coal coke ovens) on that first day. I'd never heard of disabling charcoal.

Jul 29, 2019
Not much really, just took me a second to absorb it. Really all I am thinking is that first night, you're right. I frequently spend more time doing silly things like hunting for seeds (if I think food might be an issue) or clay (if a modpack has coal coke ovens) on that first day. I'd never heard of disabling charcoal.

Random question,
Do you think normal Modded MC players who are used to play with GT and even voted to make MFR n MPS GT recipes. will hate the no charcoal options.
Because i got a private server going on and i would like to enable the no charcoal.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Shrug I suspect some will. But most of these players already expect limited routes to their destinations.

What's the net benefit of no-charcoal? Do we also rule out cheesy options like netting decent energy by burning scaffolds? (Dunno if that's still a good option; it was years ago, I just pretended it didn't exist)

Jul 29, 2019
Shrug I suspect some will. But most of these players already expect limited routes to their destinations.

What's the net benefit of no-charcoal? Do we also rule out cheesy options like netting decent energy by burning scaffolds? (Dunno if that's still a good option; it was years ago, I just pretended it didn't exist)

Easy MFR farms are now for the actual wood insteat of easy power. Thats all, and first night is a tad more harder.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
You had a better experience than I, Celestial. The only way I knew I'd run across Greg ores, more times than not, was because NEI/WAILA tooltips told me I was looking at it. I honestly found it obscenely annoying and one of those little things that added up to me ditching Greg and his Tech all those moons ago. And, no, I never did bother to look back.

Each to their own. For my own tastes- I actually find the WALIA and damage indicators stuff obscenely annoying myself. Actually anything added to the HUD leaves me figuring how to turn it off. (vanilla white-text can go too)
(Gregs ore textures on the other hand- could use a lot of love)

No kidding...even I took a step back when I looked at the configs. No charcoal? Dang.

So what? Charcoal is optional. The benefit would probably be expanded gameplay as a result of coal being significantly more valuable. (short answer)
I wouldn't say its a fuel thing given that treefarms bring it in by the tonne and you can just burn the wood/planks
I can survive in BtW without charcoal (late game only- its now made in the kiln), and the torch recipe was nerfed a little... Greg's survival would be a cakewalk unless he's added infernal mobs or something.

Jul 29, 2019
Tbh i still think greg should split of GT in Gregtech (All machines plus difficulty regarding those things.)
and a possible addon? (GregVanilla) ((Good god i suck at names)

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
Tbh i still think greg should split of GT in Gregtech (All machines plus difficulty regarding those things.)
and a possible addon? (GregVanilla) ((Good god i suck at names)
Meh, it would be annoying since they play better with each other, otherwise with GregVanilla there wouldn't be a saw to cut your wood into 4 pieces and stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.