Poll: Do you like GregTech?

Do you like GregTech

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to know people's opinion and if there's more people who like or more who dislike it.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I don't love it. But I like it. It's a cool mod, but I don't have ic2 in the 1.6 pack I am playing with. So yeah no GT

khorozm

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the complexity of the mod, and the progress suits me, some people might think it is too hard.
I kind of hope him providing some difficulty options like Forestry does so people can modify the difficulty more easily.

Reactions: abculatter_2

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Wheres ILGT when you need ilhim..

Anyway, I used to like it, but I now dislike it.

huldu

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't IC2 and gregtech the same thing? I don't get it. Stopped using ic2 a while back, especially with gregtech around, why even bother. That's good thing about all of this, that nowadays there are a few mods that pretty much does what ic2 does but better and more fun.

I think a big problem with gregtech is that people confuse the word "hard" with tedious grinding. You can't have "hard" in minecraft unless you're running infernal mobs along with beefed up health, that's the only hard you'll ever see. The rest of the game is about grinding materials, has nothing to do with a difficulty curve.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
uploadfromtaptalk1382308051829.jpg

Xyanite

Jul 29, 2019
I like the complexity it adds with the new machines and elements. For example, I was considering turning red cobblestone from a tunnel bore into clay, to electrolyse into lithium for boilers.

I just think that the complex recipes are pointless and make the game tedious by dragging on simple tasks such as making solar panels - doesn't really make the game 'more of a challenge'.

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
I like the complexity it adds and I also likes how it changes some of the recipes for other Mods. It brings a sort of balance to the game. I think there are a few mods that are very unbalanced for example EE3 and Dartcraft. I belive that Dartcraft is more balanced in 1.6.x.

Gregtech is not a "Hard Mod" it's a "Grinding Mod" it slows down the game so it last longer. I find IC2 to be boring with out the Gregtech mod. Without Gregtech mod it takes me easily less than a week to have a full modular powersuits.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Heads up: this starts going south and there will be smites and Warning points. I'm not particularly keen on yet another one of these topics being up in the first place. Don't be surprised if other moderators are even less keen and just shut it down entirely.

And no, don't post up popcorn memes and other "in b4 the lock" crap in here. We've seen them all already when it comes to GregTech discussions. It's seriously old now.

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
I do love Gregtech. I think I would 'finish' minecraft way tooo quickly if not for the grind of GT, and really lose that sense of accomplishment.

And while I won't play modded MC without GT anytime soon in the near future, I do wish some things were more suited for single player only. In particular machine processing times. God I wish there was a config for this. Bump up the energy draw if you must, but I hate waiting for simple things to finish processing. Even with a complete 150 eu/t draining AE system I still have to wait....wait....wait... for even relatively common recipes (any circuit, whether that be advanced or energy orb or w.e) to be crafted. I also hate the lack of documentation, when resources weren't 'unlimited' I had dished out alot of iron for a Large Steel Turbine, only to find out you pretty much need his tesseracts in order to supply enough steam. So a simple steam turbine ends up needing several iridium plates? Well crap.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I like the complexity it adds with the new machines and elements. For example, I was considering turning red cobblestone from a tunnel bore into clay, to electrolyse into lithium for boilers.

I just think that the complex recipes are pointless and make the game tedious by dragging on simple tasks such as making solar panels - doesn't really make the game 'more of a challenge'.

In the long run GT is actually super nice. You don't advance that fast, it takes way longer to get to endgame. I get to what I call endgame in 2 weeks. With gregtech it's atleast 4 xD

Reactions: Xyanite
Status
Not open for further replies.