PhoenixConfig - Modular Configs for 1.7.10

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
It would still be easier to get a list of mods from @SinisterBro :3 since it sounds like he may have a few mods in mind, and doing a bunch of mods he probably won't use would be a little bit of a waste of time.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I find it hilarious that "Greg" is a verb.
It should be a verb for the purposes of this topic since its a different thing from a nerf.

It would still be easier to get a list of mods from @SinisterBro :3 since it sounds like he may have a few mods in mind, and doing a bunch of mods he probably won't use would be a little bit of a waste of time.
Possible to Greg Thaumcraft to Twilight Forest and skip research entirely and do quests and combat to progress?

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
It should be a verb for the purposes of this topic since its a different thing from a nerf.

Possible to Greg Thaumcraft to Twilight Forest and skip research entirely and do quests and combat to progress?
that sounds interesting, what I think you would need to do use HQM kill quests and have completed research for each reward. It would be only a matter of which mobs get you which research

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019

Well, the main ones are mostly MFR, TE4, Tinkers but i don't think MDiyo would enjoy that. And enderIO. And ex niquelo.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new at Github, as in REALLY new so can anyone tell me how to upload a lot of .zs file to a folder in PhoenixConfig?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
This snippet is simply ugly: (from the 'kill them with flowers' config)
Code:
//Twigs
recipes.addShaped(livingwoodTwig, [[livingwoodPlank, null, null],[livingwoodPlank, null, null],[null, null, null]]);
recipes.addShaped(livingwoodTwig, [[null, null, null],[livingwoodPlank, null, null],[livingwoodPlank, null, null]]);
recipes.addShaped(livingwoodTwig, [[null, livingwoodPlank, null],[null, livingwoodPlank, null],[null, null, null]]);
recipes.addShaped(livingwoodTwig, [[null, null, null],[null, livingwoodPlank, null],[null, livingwoodPlank, null]]);
recipes.addShaped(livingwoodTwig, [[null, null, livingwoodPlank],[null, null, livingwoodPlank],[null, null, null]]);
recipes.addShaped(livingwoodTwig, [[null, null, null],[null, null, livingwoodPlank],[null, null, livingwoodPlank]]);
That's six different recipes that essentially say the same thing. If you put 2 livingwood in a 2x1 pattern, you get a twig. Great. However, in this method, the NEI entry now has six of the same recipe and that's just ugly. This same exact functionality can be done with one line of code:
Code:
recipes.addShaped(livingwoodTwig, [[livingwoodPlank], [livingwoodPlank]]);
This line does the same thing, livingwood atop another, but without 5 unnecessary recipe entries. I've noticed unnecessary nulls in several configs and am working on cleaning them up for y'all. I'll also tinker with a test file a bit to see if I can somehow move variable definitions to the bottom of the page. That would make reading a file much easier on a user, and would make updating files easier on a dev. I won't change any recipes, just make them easier to read and use.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Code:
//Twigs
recipes.addShaped(livingwoodTwig, [[livingwoodPlank, null, null],[livingwoodPlank, null, null],[null, null, null]]);
recipes.addShaped(livingwoodTwig, [[null, null, null],[livingwoodPlank, null, null],[livingwoodPlank, null, null]]);
recipes.addShaped(livingwoodTwig, [[null, livingwoodPlank, null],[null, livingwoodPlank, null],[null, null, null]]);
recipes.addShaped(livingwoodTwig, [[null, null, null],[null, livingwoodPlank, null],[null, livingwoodPlank, null]]);
recipes.addShaped(livingwoodTwig, [[null, null, livingwoodPlank],[null, null, livingwoodPlank],[null, null, null]]);
recipes.addShaped(livingwoodTwig, [[null, null, null],[null, null, livingwoodPlank],[null, null, livingwoodPlank]]);
That's six different recipes that essentially say the same thing. If you put 2 livingwood in a 2x1 pattern, you get a twig. Great. However, in this method, the NEI entry now has six of the same recipe and that's just ugly. This same exact functionality can be done with one line of code:
Code:
This line does the same thing, livingwood atop another, but without 5 unnecessary recipe entries. I've noticed unnecessary nulls in several configs and am working on cleaning them up for y'all. I'll also tinker with a test file a bit to see if I can somehow move variable definitions to the bottom of the page. That would make reading a file much easier on a user, and would make updating files easier on a dev. I won't change any recipes, just make them easier to read and use.
Blame Strikingwolf.

Reactions: Kill-Joy

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
//Twigs
Code:

Blame Strikingwolf.
Hey I didn't know I could do that :p. Anyone care to do that for me as I am away from my comp today

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I may or may not make a config that makes magical crops require botania to make. Think 4 mana pools worth of mana for diamond seeds. :p
pretty sure that would make the recipe impossible to craft, or just flat out crash the game when loaded
EDIT: just realised you might have meant the altar recipe, derp.

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I may or may not make a config that makes magical crops require botania to make. Think 4 mana pools worth of mana for diamond seeds. :p
I like the idea, but I don't like your recipe... I think that it forces those who don't like the mod to delve too far into the mod to use the one they like :p
Maybe have the diamond seed require a gold seed in the mana pool. The gold requires iron in a mana pool, etc. etc.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I like the idea, but I don't like your recipe... I think that it forces those who don't like the mod to delve too far into the mod to use the one they like :p
Maybe have the diamond seed require a gold seed in the mana pool. The gold requires iron in a mana pool, etc. etc.
or make it require mana diamonds.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'm always of the opinion that there should be multiple crafting options for a recipe, but the alternative should not be cheaper than the original. If you are deep in the progression path of the alternative recipe, you may not mind the increased cost, as it saves you having to go deep down the progression of the other mod, even though long term it would be cheaper to do so.

Reactions: 1SDAN and jordsta95

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
The idea is to have essences require mana to bind. So it takes 1 mana pool worth of mana to make an extreme essence. Have you ever made a massive automated essence crop farm? It's insanely powerful. Same amount of essence, but now it requires mana to make them. This will make seeds more of a process to craft. Here's the gist:

8 essence dust on an altar > weak essence.
8 weak essence on altar > regular(?) essence.
etc.

Infusion stones are used to make essence binding more efficient. One can put 4 essence on an altar instead of 8 to get an infusion stone. This can be turned to essence using the alchemy thingie.

resource essences (iron, coal, redstone, diamond, etc.) can be converted two ways: Using the alchemy thingie or by giving it to the elves. Elves give you more bang for your buck.

Essence can be conjured, but the process is quite expensive. I'm not sure how expensive yet, but it will be rather pricey.