PhoenixConfig - Modular Configs for 1.7.10

Discussion in 'Mod Discussion' started by Gideonseymour, Aug 17, 2014.

1. trajing

trajing New Member

It could be either, if we're going numbers it's two.

2. glepet1962

glepet1962 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Primitive Mobs too Omega Dawn to the next level. I, for one, am looking forward to the 1.7 release of Omega Dawn.

3. trajing

trajing New Member

Anyone got any ideas? I've got some, but they're frozen until TE support is included in ModTweaker.

4. Kill-Joy

Kill-Joy New Member

I've said this in the conversation, but for all the people not there, I will be providing config files for custom bees using Gendustry

5. trajing

trajing New Member

*checks for a folder for those in github*

6. Strikingwolf

Strikingwolf New Member

7. trajing

trajing New Member

Strikingwolf and SatanicSanta like this.
  8. Gideonseymour

Gideonseymour Relatable Gamer Trusted User Retired Staff

Done

9. goreae

goreae Ultimate Murderous Fiend

A few suggestions, make a central config. Like codeChickenCore or openModsLib. You could put any definitions there instead of having a massive column of definitions in each file. Would make the files cleaner and easier to read. Another thing, consider this recipe from the blood magic-botania config:
    Code:
    //living rock
    recipes.addShaped(livingrock * 2, [[smoothStone, bucketLife, smoothStone], [null, null, null], [null, null, null]]);

This recipe works. Definitely. The problem is, players are forced to craft it in the top row of the crafting grid. You can't do it in the second or third row at all. This is ugly and looks broken to players. The fix is insanely simple: Remove the nulls. The recipe has to be rectangular, not specifically a 5x5 square. This recipe dows the same thing, but allows the player to craft it in any row of the table:
    Code:
    //living rock
    recipes.addShaped(livingrock * 2, [[smoothStone, bucketLife, smoothStone]]);

This is true for empty columns as well.
    Code:
    #Assuming Dirt and Diamond are defined elsewhere.

#Messy code
    recipes.addShaped(Diamond, [[Dirt, Dirt, null], [Dirt, Dirt, null], [Dirt, Dirt, null]]);

#Clean code
    recipes.addShaped(Diamond, [[Dirt, Dirt], [Dirt, Dirt], [Dirt, Dirt]]);

Both recipes work, but the second one just needs two adjacent columns, not the first and second specifically.

EDIT: Seems you are already working on the lib thing. Neat.

10. Strikingwolf

Strikingwolf New Member

Yeah Minetweaker doesn't allow us to reference other files values so we just copy them over :)

11. Bruigaar

Bruigaar New Member

Love the Idea and hope to use this in the future. But if Jaded and Ema see this and my 1.7.10 packs get delayed I will hunt each and every one of you down and give you 3rd degree Indian burns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. SkeletonPunk

SkeletonPunk New Member

Why am I not in this list?!?!?
    *flips table*
    JK

13. trajing

trajing New Member

o_O
    I do not understand your logic.

SatanicSanta likes this.
  14. SkeletonPunk

SkeletonPunk New Member

IIRC Eyazam likes this idea[DOUBLEPOST=1408997062][/DOUBLEPOST]Also In case you guys want to know I make the "Skele's {insert mod/mods here}" configs as well as the botanai aspects and Botania-Thaumcraft

15. trajing

trajing New Member

It's not as if this is going to be all-inclusive. The chances of us making the needed recipes for a specific modpack are fairly low.
    We may be able to help with the compat stuff, though.

16. Gideonseymour

Gideonseymour Relatable Gamer Trusted User Retired Staff

Alright folks, don't worry. This hasn't been abandoned. I just forgot to update the thread :p

We've moved to the Phoenix Team Github, so you can grab the scripts here.

I've updated the OP with several of the new scripts we've been working on (along with the new links). A few new modules have been added, by people such as @Elec332 , @parcel31u , @Strikingwolf , and @SkeletonPunk . Enjoy!

trajing and Padfoote like this.
  17. madnewmy

madnewmy New Member

I might be trying the botania-blood magic one and maybe use it in my pack :)

Gideonseymour likes this.
  18. Golrith

Golrith Over-Achiever Trusted User

Well, better late than never, here are my Mek tweaks for recipes. Thermal Expansion is required. Does make things a little more expensive. Also note I also changed the steel casing recipe, not mentioned below because it's quite a different recipe beyond the scope of those below. But I put a Circuit Board as part of the Steel Casing recipe (to reflect that Mek machines have inbuilt config sides and auto eject)

Code:
    #Smelter 
    recipes.remove(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:10>);
    recipes.addShaped(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:10>,[[<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,<minecraft:furnace>,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>],[<minecraft:brick_block>,<Mekanism:BasicBlock:8>,<minecraft:brick_block>],[<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,<ThermalExpansion:material:1>,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>]]);

#Enrichment Chamber  
    recipes.remove(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:0>);
    recipes.addShaped(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:0>,[[<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,<minecraft:piston>,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>],[<minecraft:diamond>,<Mekanism:BasicBlock:8>,<minecraft:diamond>],[<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,<ThermalExpansion:material:1>,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>]]);

#Crusher
    recipes.remove(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:3>);
    recipes.addShaped(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:3>,[[<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,<minecraft:piston>,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>],[<minecraft:flint>,<Mekanism:BasicBlock:8>,<minecraft:flint>],[<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,<ThermalExpansion:material:1>,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>]]);

#Osmium Compressor
    recipes.remove(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:1>);
    recipes.addShaped(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:1>,[[<Mekanism:EnrichedAlloy>,<minecraft:piston>,<Mekanism:EnrichedAlloy>],[<minecraft:piston>,<Mekanism:BasicBlock:8>,<minecraft:piston>],[<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,<ThermalExpansion:material:1>,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>]]);

#Combiner (Note uses Prof Flax Beards Reinforced Pistons)
    recipes.remove(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:2>);
    recipes.addShaped(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:2>,[[<Mekanism:ReinforcedAlloy>,<Steamcraft:steamcraftCrafting:0>,<Mekanism:ReinforcedAlloy>],[<Steamcraft:steamcraftCrafting:0>,<Mekanism:BasicBlock:8>,<Steamcraft:steamcraftCrafting>],[<Mekanism:ReinforcedAlloy>,<ThermalExpansion:material:1>,<Mekanism:ReinforcedAlloy>]]);

#Purification Chamber
    recipes.remove(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:9>);
    recipes.addShaped(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:9>,[[<Mekanism:EnrichedAlloy>,<Mekanism:EnrichedAlloy>,<Mekanism:EnrichedAlloy>],[<Mekanism:GasTank:0>,<Mekanism:BasicBlock:8>,<Mekanism:ControlCircuit:1>],[<Mekanism:EnrichedAlloy>,<ThermalExpansion:material:1>,<Mekanism:EnrichedAlloy>]]);

#Sawmill
    recipes.remove(<Mekanism:MachineBlock2:5>);
    recipes.addShaped(<Mekanism:MachineBlock2:5>,[[<minecraft:iron_ingot>,<ThermalExpansion:tool.axeInvar>,<minecraft:iron_ingot>],[<ore:plankWood>,<Mekanism:BasicBlock:8>,<ore:plankWood>],[<minecraft:iron_ingot>,<ThermalExpansion:material:1>,<minecraft:iron_ingot>]]);
    recipes.addShaped(<Mekanism:MachineBlock2:5>,[[<minecraft:iron_ingot>,<MekanismTools:OsmiumAxe>,<minecraft:iron_ingot>],[<ore:plankWood>,<Mekanism:BasicBlock:8>,<ore:plankWood>],[<minecraft:iron_ingot>,<ThermalExpansion:material:1>,<minecraft:iron_ingot>]]);

#Heat Generator
    recipes.remove(<MekanismGenerators:Generator:0>);
    recipes.addShaped(<MekanismGenerators:Generator:0>,[[<minecraft:iron_ingot>,<minecraft:iron_ingot>,<minecraft:iron_ingot>],[<ThermalFoundation:material:72>,<minecraft:furnace>,<ThermalFoundation:material:72>],[<ore:ingotCopper>,<minecraft:redstone>,<ore:ingotCopper>]]);

#Bio Gen
    recipes.remove(<MekanismGenerators:Generator:4>);
    recipes.addShaped(<MekanismGenerators:Generator:4>,[[<minecraft:iron_ingot>,<minecraft:iron_ingot>,<minecraft:iron_ingot>],[<Mekanism:EnrichedAlloy>,<minecraft:furnace>,<Mekanism:EnrichedAlloy>],[<ore:ingotCopper>,<minecraft:redstone>,<ore:ingotCopper>]]);

#Portable Tank
    recipes.remove(<Mekanism:MachineBlock2:11>);
    recipes.addShaped(<Mekanism:MachineBlock2:11>,[[<minecraft:iron_ingot>,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,<minecraft:iron_ingot>],[<ore:blockGlass>,null,<ore:blockGlass>],[<minecraft:iron_ingot>,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,<minecraft:iron_ingot>]]);

#Gas Tank
    recipes.remove(<Mekanism:GasTank:100>);
    recipes.addShaped(<Mekanism:GasTank:100>,[[null,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,null],[<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,<Mekanism:MachineBlock2:11>,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>],[null,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,null]]);

19. Wursti

Wursti New Member

I think a "nerf ALL the things" module would be awesome. (something like what eyemaz did with BnB, but not so hardcore)

SatanicSanta likes this.
  20. SkeletonPunk

SkeletonPunk New Member

if you want a little bit of a troll get Skele's AE2 recipes.