PhoenixConfig - Modular Configs for 1.7.10

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
Thanks Gnomeo. I think of Omega Dawn as somewhere between Vanilla and BNB and Vanilla and GregTech (to use two popular extremes). Something that adds more challenge to survival without making it too much of a nightmare. Plus the important bit, I only make a change if I'm willing to play with that change. What really made Omega Dawn though was Primitive Mobs, survival hasn't been as challenging without that mod. I really hope it does update as I've found no other mod that could replace it (yet).

Yeah, Primitive Mobs too Omega Dawn to the next level. I, for one, am looking forward to the 1.7 release of Omega Dawn.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got any ideas? I've got some, but they're frozen until TE support is included in ModTweaker.

Kill-Joy

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got any ideas? I've got some, but they're frozen until TE support is included in ModTweaker.
I've said this in the conversation, but for all the people not there, I will be providing config files for custom bees using Gendustry

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
A few suggestions, make a central config. Like codeChickenCore or openModsLib. You could put any definitions there instead of having a massive column of definitions in each file. Would make the files cleaner and easier to read. Another thing, consider this recipe from the blood magic-botania config:
Code:
//living rock
recipes.addShaped(livingrock * 2, [[smoothStone, bucketLife, smoothStone], [null, null, null], [null, null, null]]);
This recipe works. Definitely. The problem is, players are forced to craft it in the top row of the crafting grid. You can't do it in the second or third row at all. This is ugly and looks broken to players. The fix is insanely simple: Remove the nulls. The recipe has to be rectangular, not specifically a 5x5 square. This recipe dows the same thing, but allows the player to craft it in any row of the table:
Code:
//living rock
recipes.addShaped(livingrock * 2, [[smoothStone, bucketLife, smoothStone]]);
This is true for empty columns as well.
Code:
#Assuming Dirt and Diamond are defined elsewhere.

#Messy code
recipes.addShaped(Diamond, [[Dirt, Dirt, null], [Dirt, Dirt, null], [Dirt, Dirt, null]]);

#Clean code
recipes.addShaped(Diamond, [[Dirt, Dirt], [Dirt, Dirt], [Dirt, Dirt]]);
Both recipes work, but the second one just needs two adjacent columns, not the first and second specifically.

EDIT: Seems you are already working on the lib thing. Neat.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
A few suggestions, make a central config. Like codeChickenCore or openModsLib. You could put any definitions there instead of having a massive column of definitions in each file. Would make the files cleaner and easier to read. Another thing, consider this recipe from the blood magic-botania config:
Code:
//living rock
recipes.addShaped(livingrock * 2, [[smoothStone, bucketLife, smoothStone], [null, null, null], [null, null, null]]);
This recipe works. Definitely. The problem is, players are forced to craft it in the top row of the crafting grid. You can't do it in the second or third row at all. This is ugly and looks broken to players. The fix is insanely simple: Remove the nulls. The recipe has to be rectangular, not specifically a 5x5 square. This recipe dows the same thing, but allows the player to craft it in any row of the table:
Code:
//living rock
recipes.addShaped(livingrock * 2, [[smoothStone, bucketLife, smoothStone]]);
This is true for empty columns as well.
Code:
#Assuming Dirt and Diamond are defined elsewhere.

#Messy code
recipes.addShaped(Diamond, [[Dirt, Dirt, null], [Dirt, Dirt, null], [Dirt, Dirt, null]]);

#Clean code
recipes.addShaped(Diamond, [[Dirt, Dirt], [Dirt, Dirt], [Dirt, Dirt]]);
Both recipes work, but the second one just needs two adjacent columns, not the first and second specifically.

EDIT: Seems you are already working on the lib thing. Neat.
Yeah Minetweaker doesn't allow us to reference other files values so we just copy them over :)

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
Love the Idea and hope to use this in the future. But if Jaded and Ema see this and my 1.7.10 packs get delayed I will hunt each and every one of you down and give you 3rd degree Indian burns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Love the Idea and hope to use this in the future. But if Jaded and Ema see this and my 1.7.10 packs get delayed I will hunt each and every one of you down and give you 3rd degree Indian burns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
o_O
I do not understand your logic.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC Eyazam likes this idea[DOUBLEPOST=1408997062][/DOUBLEPOST]Also In case you guys want to know I make the "Skele's {insert mod/mods here}" configs as well as the botanai aspects and Botania-Thaumcraft

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC Eyazam likes this idea[DOUBLEPOST=1408997062][/DOUBLEPOST]Also In case you guys want to know I make the "Skele's {insert mod/mods here}" configs as well as the botanai aspects and Botania-Thaumcraft
It's not as if this is going to be all-inclusive. The chances of us making the needed recipes for a specific modpack are fairly low.
We may be able to help with the compat stuff, though.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Alright folks, don't worry. This hasn't been abandoned. I just forgot to update the thread :p

We've moved to the Phoenix Team Github, so you can grab the scripts here.

I've updated the OP with several of the new scripts we've been working on (along with the new links). A few new modules have been added, by people such as @Elec332 , @parcel31u , @Strikingwolf , and @SkeletonPunk . Enjoy!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Would anyone be interested in recipes that adjust Mekanisms recipes to be more interesting? I'm finding in 1.7.10 that they seriously lack any "creativity" and "sense" being a combination of circuits + alloys. I've styled them to be similar to TE machines (so as a result, Thermal Foundation is required and some are more expensive).
Well, better late than never, here are my Mek tweaks for recipes. Thermal Expansion is required. Does make things a little more expensive. Also note I also changed the steel casing recipe, not mentioned below because it's quite a different recipe beyond the scope of those below. But I put a Circuit Board as part of the Steel Casing recipe (to reflect that Mek machines have inbuilt config sides and auto eject)

Code:
#Smelter 
recipes.remove(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:10>);
recipes.addShaped(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:10>,[[<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,<minecraft:furnace>,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>],[<minecraft:brick_block>,<Mekanism:BasicBlock:8>,<minecraft:brick_block>],[<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,<ThermalExpansion:material:1>,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>]]);

#Enrichment Chamber  
recipes.remove(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:0>);
recipes.addShaped(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:0>,[[<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,<minecraft:piston>,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>],[<minecraft:diamond>,<Mekanism:BasicBlock:8>,<minecraft:diamond>],[<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,<ThermalExpansion:material:1>,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>]]);

#Crusher
recipes.remove(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:3>);
recipes.addShaped(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:3>,[[<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,<minecraft:piston>,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>],[<minecraft:flint>,<Mekanism:BasicBlock:8>,<minecraft:flint>],[<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,<ThermalExpansion:material:1>,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>]]);

#Osmium Compressor
recipes.remove(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:1>);
recipes.addShaped(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:1>,[[<Mekanism:EnrichedAlloy>,<minecraft:piston>,<Mekanism:EnrichedAlloy>],[<minecraft:piston>,<Mekanism:BasicBlock:8>,<minecraft:piston>],[<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,<ThermalExpansion:material:1>,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>]]);

#Combiner (Note uses Prof Flax Beards Reinforced Pistons)
recipes.remove(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:2>);
recipes.addShaped(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:2>,[[<Mekanism:ReinforcedAlloy>,<Steamcraft:steamcraftCrafting:0>,<Mekanism:ReinforcedAlloy>],[<Steamcraft:steamcraftCrafting:0>,<Mekanism:BasicBlock:8>,<Steamcraft:steamcraftCrafting>],[<Mekanism:ReinforcedAlloy>,<ThermalExpansion:material:1>,<Mekanism:ReinforcedAlloy>]]);

#Purification Chamber
recipes.remove(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:9>);
recipes.addShaped(<Mekanism:MachineBlock:9>,[[<Mekanism:EnrichedAlloy>,<Mekanism:EnrichedAlloy>,<Mekanism:EnrichedAlloy>],[<Mekanism:GasTank:0>,<Mekanism:BasicBlock:8>,<Mekanism:ControlCircuit:1>],[<Mekanism:EnrichedAlloy>,<ThermalExpansion:material:1>,<Mekanism:EnrichedAlloy>]]);

#Sawmill
recipes.remove(<Mekanism:MachineBlock2:5>);
recipes.addShaped(<Mekanism:MachineBlock2:5>,[[<minecraft:iron_ingot>,<ThermalExpansion:tool.axeInvar>,<minecraft:iron_ingot>],[<ore:plankWood>,<Mekanism:BasicBlock:8>,<ore:plankWood>],[<minecraft:iron_ingot>,<ThermalExpansion:material:1>,<minecraft:iron_ingot>]]);
recipes.addShaped(<Mekanism:MachineBlock2:5>,[[<minecraft:iron_ingot>,<MekanismTools:OsmiumAxe>,<minecraft:iron_ingot>],[<ore:plankWood>,<Mekanism:BasicBlock:8>,<ore:plankWood>],[<minecraft:iron_ingot>,<ThermalExpansion:material:1>,<minecraft:iron_ingot>]]);

#Heat Generator
recipes.remove(<MekanismGenerators:Generator:0>);
recipes.addShaped(<MekanismGenerators:Generator:0>,[[<minecraft:iron_ingot>,<minecraft:iron_ingot>,<minecraft:iron_ingot>],[<ThermalFoundation:material:72>,<minecraft:furnace>,<ThermalFoundation:material:72>],[<ore:ingotCopper>,<minecraft:redstone>,<ore:ingotCopper>]]);

#Bio Gen
recipes.remove(<MekanismGenerators:Generator:4>);
recipes.addShaped(<MekanismGenerators:Generator:4>,[[<minecraft:iron_ingot>,<minecraft:iron_ingot>,<minecraft:iron_ingot>],[<Mekanism:EnrichedAlloy>,<minecraft:furnace>,<Mekanism:EnrichedAlloy>],[<ore:ingotCopper>,<minecraft:redstone>,<ore:ingotCopper>]]);

#Portable Tank
recipes.remove(<Mekanism:MachineBlock2:11>);
recipes.addShaped(<Mekanism:MachineBlock2:11>,[[<minecraft:iron_ingot>,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,<minecraft:iron_ingot>],[<ore:blockGlass>,null,<ore:blockGlass>],[<minecraft:iron_ingot>,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,<minecraft:iron_ingot>]]);

#Gas Tank
recipes.remove(<Mekanism:GasTank:100>);
recipes.addShaped(<Mekanism:GasTank:100>,[[null,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,null],[<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,<Mekanism:MachineBlock2:11>,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>],[null,<Mekanism:Ingot:1>,null]]);

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
I think a "nerf ALL the things" module would be awesome. (something like what eyemaz did with BnB, but not so hardcore)

Reactions: SatanicSanta