Phoenix Team - One Year Anniversary Party! - AUA (Q&A)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
What do you guys exactly do on the Phoenix Team? Is it just modpack tweaking and creation? Or is there something more?
I myself am the miscellaneous sector lead. This means I approve and sometimes oversee projects that don't fall into the other sectors, such as our roleplay, Project Renascintis. It's a server we made with a custom modpack, you should go check out @Vals NoisyToys who recorded and streamed it!

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I hang around and do nothing. Occasionally the rest of the team goes out of their way to make me feel needed by asking my advice on things or how to design or write something, and I love them for that. *sniffles* For the most part I keep the_j under control and I keep padfoote busy cleaning up my PR messes.
YOU AREN'T MY REAL DAD! I DON'T HAVE TO DO WHAT YOU SAY!

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Say, if you could wish a mod of your design into existence, what would it be?
Lately, I've really wanted a "trial mod." Something to add dungeons and other things specifically to challenge your mod gear. It'd also be especially nice to give each dungeon mob a resistance to a specific mod item. This would force a diversity and balance other mods, keeping one from completely overshadowing another.

Still, that's just wishful thinking.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Oh, oh, oh, then my question is:
Can we have one-word-spoiler for each planned pack? :3
Currently for me...
  • Progression
  • Progression
  • Combat
  • Blood
Question: More updates to Phoenix Reborn.
(The pack is deceptively good. Seriously people, do it.)
So.. what are you waiting for? I don't see you downloading it. Do it.
It'll be here :)
OK, real questions.

* What has been the best design decision in any of your packs?
* What has been the worst design decision in any of your packs?
  • The early progression in Phoenix Reborn. Y'know, the stuff with the furnace needing whole blocks of compressed cobblestone and the coal block, or the wood and stone tools needing an axe or pickaxe respecitvely. It was unpopular with folks when I first did it, but I'm so happy I kept it. It really set the pack apart from others.
  • ProjectE in Pathfinder. It caused more unbalance than it did good for the pack. I like the mod and everything about it, but it just all started breaking in Pathfinder.
Which mod or modder from days gone by do you wish was still around/updated?
The problem with this question is that at this point, they basically all have been updated, so I don't really have much of a choice here :p
huzzah, the thread is derailed! thanks to the woodchuck chucks! *ahem*

Say, if you could wish a mod of your design into existence, what would it be?
I've always wanted like a fluid expansion mod. Starts off with finite water and stuff, but expands to things like portable tanks that also function as buckets, better fluid transport options, fluid power generation, fluid "alloying" outside of the smeltery, etc.
Okay, real question time... If you could change a mod that you didn't like a certain aspect of, what mod what it be and what would you change?
Add a recipes.removeAll(); to Minetweaker.
What do you guys exactly do on the Phoenix Team? Is it just modpack tweaking and creation? Or is there something more?
Generally our only released content is Modpacks, but there are people working on mods and games and more.