Phoenix Team - One Year Anniversary Party! - AUA (Q&A)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
This is a no-brainer for me. I want vertical chunkloading. More than anything. I have a soul burning a hole in my pocket with nothing else worthwhile to spend it on, I'd trade it for vertical chunkloading in a flash.

Achievement: You Delved Too Deep?

Yes, please.
What is vertical chunkloading?

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
For a mod I'd like a DnD-style magic DnD in general mod. Teleportation Circles and Magic Missile and Gates would be amazing. Also, who wouldn't want a Portable Hole?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What is vertical chunkloading?
The_J corrected me, I should have said cubic chunks. In other words, dynamic world generation in a vertical direction.

Right now you spawn around Y 60-70 and you can dig down a whole 70 meters. Woo. Meanwhile, you can roam miles in every other cardinal direction.

I wanna dig miles DOWNWARD. I want to go through geological layers and run into lost civilizations and balrogs and whatever else creative people can do with vertical chunks.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Which mod or modder from days gone by do you wish was still around/updated?
KodaichiZero. He made a slew of wonderful mods, some of which still exist today. He always lost interest in his mods after a while though, which is unfortunate. A few notable mods of his that are still around are Battle Towers, Clay Soldiers. the special creepers, brain slime, and mother spider from primative mobs, and I'm sure I'm missing one or two things. My favorite of his were the grove sprites. They were adorable little things that really help to make the world feel a bit more alive and magical. They also expand forests so you don't have to. If I could ask for one mod to be updated, it would be that one.
huzzah, the thread is derailed! thanks to the woodchuck chucks! *ahem*

Say, if you could wish a mod of your design into existence, what would it be?
A sort of minion mod. Something that allows you to summon minions and buff them/heal them in battle instead of fighting yourself. That would be really neat.
What do you guys exactly do on the Phoenix Team? Is it just modpack tweaking and creation? Or is there something more?
We're more of a family than anything else really. Usually we just talk about whatever and generally goof off. That aspect is far more important than content creation.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
The_J corrected me, I should have said cubic chunks. In other words, dynamic world generation in a vertical direction.

Right now you spawn around Y 60-70 and you can dig down a whole 70 meters. Woo. Meanwhile, you can roam miles in every other cardinal direction.

I wanna dig miles DOWNWARD. I want to go through geological layers and run into lost civilizations and balrogs and whatever else creative people can do with vertical chunks.
Okay, now THAT sounds cool.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you

Don't forget, sky castles and shit that aren't actually visible from ground level!

Reactions: Pyure

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
KodaichiZero. He made a slew of wonderful mods, some of which still exist today. He always lost interest in his mods after a while though, which is unfortunate. A few notable mods of his that are still around are Battle Towers, Clay Soldiers. the special creepers, brain slime, and mother spider from primative mobs, and I'm sure I'm missing one or two things. My favorite of his were the grove sprites. They were adorable little things that really help to make the world feel a bit more alive and magical. They also expand forests so you don't have to. If I could ask for one mod to be updated, it would be that one.

A sort of minion mod. Something that allows you to summon minions and buff them/heal them in battle instead of fighting yourself. That would be really neat.

We're more of a family than anything else really. Usually we just talk about whatever and generally goof off. That aspect is far more important than content creation.
Family <3 I want to be part of a family.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius

For reference, see terraria. It has all sorts of content way below the surface and above it. And honestly, 3/4 of the world is blank space. Air. 128 blocks on average absolutely wasted. I mean what's the point of doubling the world height if there's nothing else to put there?

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
For reference, see terraria. It has all sorts of content way below the surface and above it. And honestly, 3/4 of the world is blank space. Air. 128 blocks on average absolutely wasted. I mean what's the point of doubling the world height if there's nothing else to put there?
Mountains. Clouds.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019

What the fudge hasn't this been done yet?

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
What do you guys exactly do on the Phoenix Team? Is it just modpack tweaking and creation? Or is there something more?
There are a lot of things more. I'm personally the sector lead of game dev for our in-dev games that may or may not ever be released. *crosses fingers* But more importantly we are friends and family

I'm semi-here for questions. However, because of some IRL issues I won't be always on today