Phoenix Team - One Year Anniversary Party! - AUA (Q&A)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
A whole year - an extremely relative time-span. For some, it's barely anything; for others, it can very easily feel and be remembered as a lifetime.

May the 20th, 2014: the first convo was created. Right here, on the FTB forums, with a rather silly, albeit awesome name: "Chat of Awesome Awesomeness", or something among those lines. We were naive, immature and excited about a pack- don't judge. We discussed the creations of our first modpack: you know, the usual, unpolished, kitchen-sink pack now overdone a billion times since. We discussed modlists, artwork, and perhaps most importantly, the name.

"Phoenix Craft".

Fun fact: Once upon a time we were actually planning to call it "Omega Craft". We even tossed around a name that, in retrospect, sounded pretty stupid: "Forum Craft."

Yeah, I know.

After a bit of discussion, we stuck with Phoenix Craft for both our modpack and our team, which initially consisted of four people: current members, @Strikingwolf and @Qazplm601, former member @SatanicSanta, and myself, later on denominated as "the head" of the team. A few days later, @Gideonseymour joined the team, and over time, progressively (and sometimes recklessly), more and more people were added. Now, after the creations of several projects, and a very subtle name-change, the Phoenix Team has over twenty members -- twenty-one, to be exact. That's a lot of folks, folks. And it means a lot of personalities, a lot of projects, a lot of discussion (and, sometimes, a lot of problems). But ultimately and critically, it created a fun environment for the ones who really want to get involved. Our unofficial motto rather succinctly describes our community: "Semiprofessional - Fully out of our minds".

Anyhow, I see I'm already blabbing more than I should've. Let's get to the point: Why am I here today?

Thing is, we brainstormed quite a bit on what we could do for this anniversary. What could we do to ensure this anniversary didn't pass by unnoticed? Nothing was off the table.

We didn't have any projects slated for release, so that wasn't an option. However, @trajing came up with an idea -- and we liked it. We decided on doing an "AUA", or a "Ask Us Anything." Obviously, simple rules are necessary: Be reasonable, respect privacy, follow the forum rules, and don't expect too much in the way of top-secret unreleased project info, stuff among those lines. But we'll try to answer everything we can. So, if you want to address a question to just one of us, or a few of us, don't be afraid to ping -- groups of five only, though.

A pretty relative time-span, a year is. Lots of time to develop a team, a reputation and hopefully not too much of your usual forum scandal. Time to develop questions about who we are and what we want to do.

Time to provide some answers.

So, feel free: ask away!

Last edited:

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
Are the team members close to each other? Like, have you guys bonded? :3

C

chbachman

Are the team members close to each other? Like, have you guys bonded? :3
Well, two of our members were dating for a while, and everybody else is really close to each other. We can always get help from whoever is available with any projects we are working on.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
What happens if you push this button?
giphy.gif

C

chbachman

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood

According to the paper "The ability of Woodchucks to Chuck Cellulose Fibers" by P.A. Paskevich and T.B. Shea, a woodchuck can chuck 361.9237001 cubic centimeters of wood per day.

Reactions: CaptPanda

Tepig4321

Jul 29, 2019
It's kind of a cheesy answer, but I'd need to go with the very original Phoenix Craft -- it wasn't exactly our best modpack, but it was surely the one which generated the best memories. :3
Cool. 1 more question- how many people are on the phoenix team