Opinions on Microsoft buying Mojang

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
On the other hand, as a tech geek myself, I can understand his feelings that he never wanted to be an entrepreneur or a CEO. He's done well enough that he can now retire and play with the interesting stuff for the rest of his life and shut the door on the rest of the world if he wishes.
Sounds like fun to me :p

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Download all MC versions.
Download all mods you can find or every version.
Play whatever you want, When you want.
?????
Profit (well don't do this, Microsoft will probably sue you)

To be honest I'm hoping they bring new and awesome things to Minecraft, I haven't played it for a while now.
However I will say I love the community which is why I'm still around ;)

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Funny you should mention the EULA situation... So does Notch in his "Farewell Address"!

Yup, the EULA twats should be proud of themselves, making money from others work and then throwing a bitch fit because it was pointed out to be a bit messed up... End result driving the man/god who granted them the ability to do that in the first place out from his own company due to their general dickery...

Only good thing is these douches will now have Micsrosoft to deal with when they break the EULA, GG mofo's enjoy what you reaped..

And to Notch, go find that beach, you deserve it and thank you...

Reactions: SynfulChaot

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Making the very large presumption that they plan to continue to allow/support modding, I think this is potentially a great thing.

So much knee-jerk reactionary stuff going on.
at the very least the MC versions already sold can continue being modded

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
I really doubt modding will go anywhere negative, as that would mean less people playing the game/buying the game.

Everyone should just relax.
But Microsoft is not very interested in people playing a game unless there is somekind of fee.

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
But Microsoft is not very interested in people playing a game unless there is somekind of fee.

I hate to break it too you, but I hear the majority of games companies are not interested in you playing their games without a fee. Usually it's a one time fee, as part of a purchase.

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
I hate to break it too you, but I hear the majority of games companies are not interested in you playing their games without a fee. Usually it's a one time fee, as part of a purchase.
I was more talking about a subscription fee, but fair point

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
kinda like what you had to do to play minecraft legitimately in the first place

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
I changed the name of this thread to reflect the changes of this event.
Also any new threads please report so they can also get linked here..

Cheers :)

Reactions: GreatOrator

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I was more talking about a subscription fee, but fair point
I believe there's actually something against the terms that you agreed to when you bought the game, but I could easily be wrong. I heard that on TS, and I don't remember it first-hand (as in, from the actual terms that I read myself) at all, so it could easily just be a rumor or something.

Banedon

Jul 29, 2019
My guess is they'll continue to support this game, and modding will still be fine...but I fully expect Minecraft 2 to come, and for it to be in C#, cost $60, and for it to have DLC. No idea what level of modding would be supported in a sequel, but I don't see them making changes to original MC because of the community.