Opinions on Microsoft buying Mojang

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I am getting waaaay too many emails from this thread, how do I turn them off?
I wish I new I have been trying for about 3 months now
In your Preferences, turn off email notifications of replies to a thread you're watching, then unsubscribe the thread. If you still wish to receive alerts (minus emails) you may then resub to the thread.

Reactions: pc_assassin

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
In your Preferences, turn off email notifications of replies to a thread you're watching, then unsubscribe the thread. If you still wish to receive alerts (minus emails) you may then resub to the thread.
Thanks, mate.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about everyone else, but I find that the most fun games involve collecting a wide range of natural resources and turning them into something useful.
This is probably why I enjoy games like Banished, but the reason why I reckon Banished isn't as good as Minecraft is that it doesn't have that same level of involvement (it's like you're playing the role of God rather than being there yourself) and doesn't have the same versatility as Minecraft.
The big reason why Minecraft became popular is because it's basically someone giving you a big box of Legos and saying 'go for your life'.

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently i've been "disrespectful" in this thread because apparently disagreeing with someone is now disrespectful. I've done nothing in here but state my opinions (as the thread title says), never personally insulted anyone, and only disagreed with someone else's opinions. Yet I did get called selfish once or twice for not thinking of Mojang staff's lives during this buyout.

The only thing I said disrespectful was calling Notch a hypocrite, which he clearly admitted too:
http://notch.net/2014/09/im-leaving-mojang/ - "I’m aware this goes against a lot of what I’ve said in public. I have no good response to that."

The definition of hypocrite. Can anyone even claim otherwise? Either way I'm out, apparently debates and disagreement isn't allowed on these forums? You can't make an opinion thread like this and expect there not to be.

Reactions: Omegatron

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about everyone else, but I find that the most fun games involve collecting a wide range of natural resources and turning them into something useful.
This is probably why I enjoy games like Banished, but the reason why I reckon Banished isn't as good as Minecraft is that it doesn't have that same level of involvement (it's like you're playing the role of God rather than being there yourself) and doesn't have the same versatility as Minecraft.
The big reason why Minecraft became popular is because it's basically someone giving you a big box of Legos and saying 'go for your life'.
I think what's always kept me going on MC, particularly modded, is there's something for everyone. I manage a small server for my friends and in spite of sometimes having very different tastes and playstyles, we can all play together and enjoy in our own way.

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk

Protocurity

Jul 29, 2019
As much as I am scared for the future of our game (given MS's history), there is one potential way that this might not be a problem. Maybe. If people at microsoft are thinking level-headed.

That is my greatest fear on the matter. Microsoft isn't a person, or even a "people" at this point. It is a gigantic, bureaucratic, economic force of nature that is powered by the sweat of Indians and the tears of Chinese children. And as such a monster, the decisions it makes aren't necessarily logical ones as much as they are the product of independently operating departments with minimal communication and miles of red tape. Remember: this is the same creature that made Windows 8.

But right now, though I am extremely nervous about this update, I'm trying my best not to worry. I figure I'll get scared once things actually start going wrong.

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
It's never what you say, it's how you say it.

I wasn't any more disrespectful than the people telling me my opinions were wrong but alright. I'd go back and quote some things said to me but it's not worth it. I'll just go elsewhere.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Wow. I had no idea BebopVox quit the f'ing air force to do minecraft videos full time.

Okay... Okay. Now I'm upset. Or at least I will be if things don't pan out.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Wow. I had no idea BebopVox quit the f'ing air force to do minecraft videos full time.

Okay... Okay. Now I'm upset. Or at least I will be if things don't pan out.

I won't be upset.... hmm leave a career with retirement and benefits to make videos full time and rest my future on things I cannot control. Sorry not me, I have a full time job with benefits and also do videos. Granted I am not as big nor ever will be as him. But the logic is flawed.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I won't be upset.... hmm leave a career with retirement and benefits to make videos full time and rest my future on things I cannot control. Sorry not me, I have a full time job with benefits and also do videos. Granted I am not as big nor ever will be as him. But the logic is flawed.

You're entitled to feel how you want.

I, on the other hand, feel bad that a guy felt so comfortable with his community that he would walk away from his "career" only to watch what he built his new career on be betrayed by it's creator.

There is a difference of opinion, and in light of the moderation in the past 5 pages, I'd just leave it at that. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1410839912][/DOUBLEPOST]

i'd edit your last line before someone else edits it in red or purple.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
You're entitled to feel how you want.

I, on the other hand, feel bad that a guy felt so comfortable with his community that he would walk away from his "career" only to watch what he built his new career on be betrayed by it's creator.

There is a difference of opinion, and in light of the moderation in the past 5 pages, I'd just leave it at that. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1410839912][/DOUBLEPOST]

i'd edit your last line before someone else edits it in red or purple.

I apologize if it offends you.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
So, I just had a rather hilarious thought... What would a minecraft "riot" look like? The first image that came to mind was a sea of people wearing creeper masks, carrying "pixelated" signs. What would the rest of you imagine of such an event...... something leads me to believe the police would not feel the need to deploy APC's and tear gas......

upload_2014-9-15_21-1-13.jpeg
upload_2014-9-15_21-1-30.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2014-9-15_21-0-7.jpeg
    upload_2014-9-15_21-0-7.jpeg
    6.6 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: Dorque

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I apologize if it offends you.
apologize to the forum rules, not me bro.

nobody wants to see that crap.

So, I just had a rather hilarious thought... What would a minecraft "riot" look like? The first image that came to mind was a sea of people wearing creeper masks, carrying "pixelated" signs. What would the rest of you imagine of such an event...... something leads me to believe the police would not feel the need to deploy APC's and tear gas......
Yet, they still would...but only in St Louis.

too soon?

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but..... that's almost EVERY career.

If you stop to think about it, in the Air Force, his future was even more emphatically dependent on things he could not control.

Things like Sidewinder missiles for example.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013

View attachment 12914 View attachment 12915
If I was being attacked, I would wait for your lag spike...

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019

View attachment 12914 View attachment 12915

You're absolutely right, POD.

If I saw a creeper coming at me in real life, I'd skip the tear gas and go straight for the assault weapons.