OP Items

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Randomguy404

Jul 29, 2019
I've never used dartcraft at all. I am aware of the 1.5 ftb beta packs but I'm not downloading yet. But I've seen plenty of complaints about dartcraft yesterday alone. I'm probably going to love the force engine.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
The force engine would be completely fine, if not for the throttle. Just giving it water DOUBLES it's output.

Randomguy404

Jul 29, 2019
Wow that's OP. I was expecting some people to post some multiblock structures like the mining machine direwolf20 did. Link to image below.

Attachments

• 2013-08-03_17.55.03.png
    2013-08-03_17.55.03.png
    180.7 KB · Views: 150

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, there's that. But if you hadn't noticed in his SMO series things like that drain quite a bit of power.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
imo beds are OP. 3 planks + 3 wool and exploring becomes one of the safest activities you can do in MC. And with the surface ores TiC (I think) adds it's pretty rewarding as well (outside villages and other stuff you'll find).

Also the Hammer from TiC, even just a stone one can clear huge amounts of stone probably as fast as tnt (if you count the time it takes to set up the tnt and clean up afterwards I'm pretty sure a stone Hammer isn't far behind, now image a Hammer with some decent materials...). The other "tier 2" tools are powerful as well, but I don't consider them to be OP (clearing leaves or dirt very fast isn't nearly as OP as branch mining with 3x3 tunnels that you dig almost as fast as 2x1 tunnels...).

Reactions: TheLoneWolfling

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
The downside of beds comes with SMP. You have to convince EVERYBODY to sleep which is impossible. Don't lie to yourself.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
The downside of beds comes with SMP. You have to convince EVERYBODY to sleep which is impossible. Don't lie to yourself.

Ah true, I'm an SSP guy though so for me getting a bed is one of the first things I do and skip nights until I'm done exploring and built a bit of a base :p

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
imo beds are OP. 3 planks + 3 wool and exploring becomes one of the safest activities you can do in MC. And with the surface ores TiC (I think) adds it's pretty rewarding as well (outside villages and other stuff you'll find)

I actually agree with this.

This video goes into detail on some things, but more importantly, what aspect of gameplay beds removed.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Also the Hammer from TiC, even just a stone one can clear huge amounts of stone probably as fast as tnt (if you count the time it takes to set up the tnt and clean up afterwards I'm pretty sure a stone Hammer isn't far behind, now image a Hammer with some decent materials...). The other "tier 2" tools are powerful as well, but I don't consider them to be OP (clearing leaves or dirt very fast isn't nearly as OP as branch mining with 3x3 tunnels that you dig almost as fast as 2x1 tunnels...).
Thankfully as balance the speed of it is halved. Cobalt hammer head is 5.5 speed rather than the usual 11.
I find it incredible that things like walking and mining can be considered OP. bloody crazy.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Id say if annything is OP, its the price of turtles. I like the intent of what can be done with them, but think that the pricing is just way to low.

The force engine would be completely fine, if not for the throttle. Just giving it water DOUBLES it's output.

You might wanna recheck the values, the force engine is basicly a buildcraft combustion engine. With the difference that it needs 6 (5,5) force crystals to make over a combustion engine. All fuels burn for half the amount in a force engine. A combustion engine needs water to run, so running a force engine on water makes it equal to a combustion engine, while costing more to make! You can ofcourse use milk for a 2.5 factor, but getting the milk costs power so the net gains are not all that big but will probably be worth the extra cost.

There is ofcourse the liquid force thats unique to the force engine, wich is great for an early game power source but is not realy renewable unless you make a forestry tree farm and squeeze the logs, or you could just cook them into golden power sources(20% better then coal/charcoal) and use boilers instead...

Thankfully as balance the speed of it is halved. Cobalt hammer head is 5.5 speed rather than the usual 11.
I find it incredible that things like walking and mining can be considered OP. bloody crazy.

Actually, the speed of the hammer is devided over the hammer head and the plates. Cobalt plates and a cobalt hammer head is the full 11 speed. I got one with a bunch of redstone and stonebound II sitting at 22/23 mining speed, its not as fast as a diamond pick with efficiency V though. More like efficiency IV. Then again, it mines 9 times as much x)

Vcygz6I.png

2 cobalt plates, steel head (cheap repairs!), ardite rod (stonebound II).

On the subject of TiC, I find the Scythe to be an extrenely amusing and effective weapon. Something tells me he needs to rebalance that thing :) (like remove the durability bonus for it being a T2 weapon or give it a 50% damage reduction working on the quartz aswell)
74Tbzcy.png

Manylian head, paper rods/binding, 1 moss, looting, 6 quartz. The durability loss was from me fighting mobs for a entire night spawned by 10 spawners...

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject of TiC, I find the Scythe to be an extrenely amusing and effective weapon. Something tells me he needs to rebalance that thing :) (like remove the durability bonus for it being a T2 weapon or give it a 50% damage reduction working on the quartz aswell)
Manylian head, paper rods/binding, 1 moss, looting, 6 quartz. The durability loss was from me fighting mobs for a entire night spawned by 10 spawners...

Actually, I've found the scythe isn't a good weapon at all. In the tool forge (whatever its called), it says the scythe damage is 'low'. This is important, as it means it only does 75% of the 10.5 hearts its supposed to do, meaning it can't even 1-shot creepers.

Incidentally, AFAIK the cleaver is the only weapon that does 'high' damage, meaning 125% of the stated number (it can 1-shot zombies even though it only says 9.5 hearts).

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Id say if annything is OP, its the price of turtles. I like the intent of what can be done with them, but think that the pricing is just way to low.
Agreed to a 100%. Turtles should be more expensive, mining turtles should be waaay more expensive.

You might wanna recheck the values, the force engine is basicly a buildcraft combustion engine.
The main difference being that running a buildcraft combustion engine on full effect requires quite a lot of setup; pumping oil and refining that oil into fuel (which costs nontrivial MJ in itself). Force engines you just slap down and throw in a bunch of force crystals (which have high yield per crystal, are common, and are affected by fortune).
The ease with which they are built and applied means they don't compete with combustion engines mainly (though that too but it's not what makes them strong) - their main contenders are sterling, clockwork and hobbyist' steam engines. And compared to those they provide high output for low input, especially due to how common force crystals are. If force crystals where rare, perhaps about as rare as diamonds, things would be different, but right now they're the no doubt strongest early game engine. And if you happen to build with cows nearby you can always just boost their early power generation by an extra 25% quick and easy with a bucket.

And while force crystals are not renewable, they are common enough that it doesn't matter if you primarily use them as fuel - I run three quarries, each on two force engines, and they all give far more force crystals than they cost.

I can't say if they're "OP", but for the early game, they're the strongest choice of engine around. Making force crystals as rare as diamonds, or maybe twice as common but halve their liquid force value, would put them in line with other engines.

Actually, the speed of the hammer is devided over the hammer head and the plates. Cobalt plates and a cobalt hammer head is the full 11 speed. I got one with a bunch of redstone and stonebound II sitting at 22/23 mining speed, its not as fast as a diamond pick with efficiency V though. More like efficiency IV. Then again, it mines 9 times as much x)
But doesn't a speed 11 hammer mine slower than a speed 11 pick? I've gotten that impression but haven't done a real test. Not half as slow but a bit slower.