Old Adeptcraft - A collection of memories

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Shurg. Reset have never bothered me having delt with many world killing updates over the life of vanilla the idea that anything is perminet has long be lost to me.

Here is my issue with updated worlds. If someone is removed or changed enought you end up with isues were stuff is just missing either as in you have gaps in the world or just never generatored in your area. On a server where mulitple people have been running around anything added to world gen means traveling thandsands of blocks away looking for new chunks to find them. the simple addtion of 1 ore to a pre-existing world can mean hours or work just to find a place to collect it. Worse yet the removal of a block can completely break builds as parts of them just vanish into smoke and becuase of how things get removed they can create these sort of update traps where they have liquids hangin in mid air until a update happens and then a massive lag as you have this update cascade.

All in all small updates are not the issue its the big major ones that cause all the problems with worlds and more so with servers.
And that's why I want to wait, I don't just want to start all over again.
And in this case, ores are such a small issue with the update, nether quartz? Besides having no non-aestitic uses, the nether doesn't have anyone's bases in it (maybe a lava pump or two), so you can't lose tons of work.

bob marley

Jul 29, 2019
just a suggestion from left field here but make the world downloadable to the people on the server just zip it up and dropbox the link to the people who want it then they can kinda have the best of both worlds a clean reset and the old world to play in

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
And that's why I want to wait, I don't just want to start all over again.
And in this case, ores are such a small issue with the update, nether quartz? Besides having no non-aestitic uses, the nether doesn't have anyone's bases in it (maybe a lava pump or two), so you can't lose tons of work.

The longer you wait to reset a server and update it the more stuff you have to make you not want to update the server and reset it.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
The longer you wait to reset a server and update it the more stuff you have to make you not want to update the server and reset it.
But I just want to not do early game yet again. I have made too many early game setups than I care to share with you all. I played vanilla for a year and a half. And I have gone through less resets than my few months with FTB. I think I went through 5 or 6 worlds in vanilla...but it was over a long period of time and end game wasn't very hard to get to.
But there's a point I'm going for that's not end-game. Like early end game to late mid game is good for me. With resources coming out of my butt, full self contained energy of several forms, and new mods played with and finished would be the best spot for a reset for me. And I don't rush either, I enjoy the game.

Reactions: Chocorate

Jerome Asich

Jul 29, 2019
I can assure you all, that with the number of major updates that happened all at once, and recently at that, it will likely be a long, long time until another restart is required.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I think this might be the first time I've liked one of your posts.
Heh, you got it?
SLUDGE FTW!
I can assure you all, that with the number of major updates that happened all at once, and recently at that, it will likely be a long, long time until another restart is required.
But RP2? When all the mods get updated they'll be a huge update, with the 1.5-rp2 and the 1.5+rp2. And we all know exactly how big RP2 is in our worlds...

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
But I just want to not do early game yet again.

You do relize Jerome is not offering to not update only to not reset.

So even not restarting there is a fair chance of issues with your build more so if RP2 is being dropped and you did anything with that.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
You do relize Jerome is not offering to not update only to not reset.

So even not restarting there is a fair chance of issues with your build more so if RP2 is being dropped and you did anything with that.
Wait, so no matter what he's going to update to that non-rp2 1.5.x pack?
:eek:
Well, that's a lose-lose! When RP2 is back, restarts will be necessary...
Well, it's a lose-lose, or a lose-lose-lose.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, so no matter what he's going to update to that non-rp2 1.5.x pack?
:eek:
Well, that's a lose-lose! When RP2 is back, restarts will be necessary...
Well, it's a lose-lose, or a lose-lose-lose.

And now you understand why I say it will cause issues to keep the world.

EDIT: And as much as I love RP2 if we update to non RP2 FTB I would suggest we stay non RP2 for that same reason adding it back would be problematic.

ryter78

Jul 29, 2019
And now you understand why I say it will cause issues to keep the world.

EDIT: And as much as I love RP2 if we update to non RP2 FTB I would suggest we stay non RP2 for that same reason adding it back would be problematic.

Yea, also, MFR adds their rednet system, which basically removes the need for RP2's wires. Also, when I get on later, you need to see my floating base :p

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
would it be possible to keep the world if we wait for rp2?

Maybe... it all depends on just how much is changed with mods and how much worldgen is altered.

But like I said the FTB team has commented that most wrolds will not servive the jump to 1.5 so I would need more information to say if that is ture or not. I really depends just how redicial the world gen is and if any updated mods remove anything (like foresty might be pulling the old 1 block farms) or if any large mods themselves are pulled.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I put my vote for restarting.

Yeah, high chances that I won't be finished with bees by the time it hits, but there are so many new cool stuff.

There is also the fact that there are players that are advanced enough now to care less about the world as is, becaus eit's less fun.

Anyway, I like to restart wheneve I do big changes to the mods I play with, because it really helps to get to feel the new things first hand, rather than just having more things to craft from your tons of full AE storage.

ryter78

Jul 29, 2019
Well waiting for the restart, lemme post my base's pics.
mlAmqPa.png
Just some machines. ^
UG9SM8Y.png
A close-up! ^
IQx7FpI.png
My AE setup, and some Buildcraft stuff. (Thermal Expansion/Forestry/Extrabees/Railcraft) ^
DYBxiI2.png

The lonely cactus ^
NgTJ5CF.png

Half of my Xycraft tanks. ^
g9Flju6.png

The other half :p ^
JVw7z0K.png

My Armor. ^
steE0ov.png
The door lock. ^
TQj1YCe.png

My beloved computer room! ^