Old Adeptcraft - A collection of memories

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
and tungsten and nikolite and I believe silver.. not sure if silver was taken over by TE or not though... either way, those holes will cause a lagfest for anyone not on NASA spec computers.
Silver got taken over by TE worldgen, yeah. Hooray for small mercies!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
and tungsten and nikolite and I believe silver.. not sure if silver was taken over by TE or not though... either way, those holes will cause a lagfest for anyone not on NASA spec computers.

Oh good piont about the Ore gen I dont know what RP2 ore gen is beign done. I belive most is done by TE other then the RP2 gems and ores.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Hey if we do nuke the server from orbit and dance on its grave would people be down for building a spawn hub? Not suggesting bases at spawn but a general safe zone and protal to a nethier rail hub?

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't we just not update the server? I'd rather not like I said, give up the world every time a new updates comes along.

Jerome Asich

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't we just not update the server? I'd rather not like I said, give up the world every time a new updates comes along.
New features and possiblities always hold priority over preference and stability, as much as I hate to say it. When possible and beneficial, I keep the map, but when impossible or simply annoying, the map is removed.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Really? I've always though of it the other way. I like to keep things I work on. Not throw them away at a whim because there's some small new features in Minecraft. Personally, horses are meh and we already have hoppers. And it is possible to keep the map, use Mystcraft for the new ores added. Vanilla only adds 1 new ores so not a big deal.

Reactions: Chocorate

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Really? I've always though of it the other way. I like to keep things I work on. Not throw them away at a whim because there's some small new features in Minecraft. Personally, horses are meh and we already have hoppers. And it is possible to keep the map, use Mystcraft for the new ores added. Vanilla only adds 1 new ores so not a big deal.
yeah but MFR adds poop and sludge.

Jerome Asich

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft consumes too much memory, is unbalanced, and leads to memory leaks. Gregtech updated a shitload of things, so did nearly every other mod. Redpower is quite likely not being implemented, and new world gen all over the place is being added. Vanilla is not the problem, but the insane number of mod additions.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
vanilla may not add anything of worth but mods 1.5 updates do.
Hey if we do nuke the server from orbit and dance on its grave would people be down for building a spawn hub? Not suggesting bases at spawn but a general safe zone and protal to a nethier rail hub?
so unbelievably totally down for that!!!

Reactions: Chocorate

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

As Jerome has pointed out the changes to world gen and the possable delation of in world items due to mod changing are the big issue. Even the FTB team has stated most world would not likely servive intack when migraiting to 1.5

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I'm for a world restart but since today was my first day I don't mind as much as others. I also like saice's Idea for a safe zone like the mindcrackers with a neather hub which I think would be fun and makes it easier for visiting other peoples builds that being said here's some of the things I found on my first day.

20130430182058.png

Some funny zebra tree's I think someone's been here

20130430184029.png

This is what happens when extreme hills meets red hills :D

20130430193850.png

a huge oil spout in what I can assume is the ocean of saddness (man I sailed in my little boat for a good hour and a half)

20130430200314.png

The future sight of fergcraft industries sans restart or not.

Reactions: jumpfight5

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft consumes too much memory, is unbalanced, and leads to memory leaks.

This is where I have to disagree :p
If you configure everything correctly, your first and last problems are pretty much non-issues. If nobody can make ages except you, there's no problem, as 40 different ages won't crop up randomly (in which they will unless you configure it).
For the second, by configuring it, you can make everything perfectly balanced. Don't like dense ores? No dense ores! Make everything exactly like the overworld if you want to!! If it were up to me, I'd have the overworld and an age exactly like it, and have the age reset every few weeks, so big holes aren't in the nice "building" age. I'd strongly push the players from auto mining in the overworld, but if they go caving or something, the overworld won't be ruined by big holes from quarries, frame or not.

Also, I vote nay for the server reset, because all the mods are gonna update (well, maybe not soul shards, but it can easily be added in). Though the additions are cool and I can't wait for stuff mainly found in MFR, I'd much rather wait because I am extremely frustrated with all kinds of server play. No offense to you, Jerome, but I just don't like being reset. Fine, ban EE3. I like it, but I'll deal. I'm much less inclined to deal with Xeno's, because it's a cool mod with one thing you don't like. Unfortunately, no configs, and it's your server, and you've done things that make up for it (like letting us vote and listening to my suggestions when I have them). The reason I'm frustrated, though, is resets. I haven't gotten a matter fab yet. Never got to auto mine. And I've been playing FTB for 5 months! I have several hundred posts and likes, and know more about gregtech, thaumcraft, and bees than the average Joe, but I haven't even gotten to them! I got to unweary, pure luck but with terrible traits I can't tell you because I didn't make a beelizer, I haven't gotten a chance to research anything in TC (I made a Thaumicon and a table ;P), and in GT, I haven't gotten UU!
So I hope there's no reset, and I hope I dispelled any Mystcraft Mythcrafts (uh oh, trying too hard on my jokes!)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Shurg. Reset have never bothered me having delt with many world killing updates over the life of vanilla the idea that anything is perminet has long be lost to me.

Here is my issue with updated worlds. If someone is removed or changed enought you end up with isues were stuff is just missing either as in you have gaps in the world or just never generatored in your area. On a server where mulitple people have been running around anything added to world gen means traveling thandsands of blocks away looking for new chunks to find them. the simple addtion of 1 ore to a pre-existing world can mean hours or work just to find a place to collect it. Worse yet the removal of a block can completely break builds as parts of them just vanish into smoke and becuase of how things get removed they can create these sort of update traps where they have liquids hangin in mid air until a update happens and then a massive lag as you have this update cascade.

All in all small updates are not the issue its the big major ones that cause all the problems with worlds and more so with servers.

Reactions: Lambert2191