Old Adeptcraft - A collection of memories

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
its not profanity its sentence enhancers because sometimes simple words are not enouph to express ones self :p
"profanity" as you call it, is just words. They add emphasis to ones language. I've never claimed to be an eloquent writer, and I'm quite pleased that these forums are very lightly censored, as I don't think I last very long on forums that censor all cursing. Yeah I use it a lot but not to "act cool" or any other bullshit reason, I use words like.. oh.. well like "bullshit" because it just comes naturally to me. I do often censor myself though, or well.. not so much censor myself, but I have my Linda filter lol.. As she calls it. Also I'm writing this after 3 vodkas so it may not be coherant at all.
Fuck yeah, Vodka!

edit: I'm not drunk, I can handle a lot more than 3 lol, I will probably write on these forums when drunk in the future, and then you will know what my writing is like when I'm intoxicated :p
JIM AIN'T HERE YET BITCHES!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
IRL as the son of a son of a sailor I tend to use profanity way to much.

And Im not a fan of Jim (walker or bean) I prefer a good stout myself.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, the reason they're doing this is because with the first version with upgrades you could put multiple sewage collectors over one pasture, upgrade them all, and get sewage as if they were all alone. The goal with the upgrade is to just let you have one.

The original design was a bit trickier in its implementation (you needed the chronotyper because you'd end up with no grass for your cows/sheep to munch), but I think the appeal to aesthetics has won out.

The only difference between the current system and your proposed system is aesthetics and the amount of piping. You could effectively do radius 1 upgrades and get exactly that.

You saw my design on AdvancingCraft, I think. I had a railcraft feeder on top of single collector with a tin upgrade to cover the whole pasture. A sewage line was buried in the dirt under the pasture that lead over to the industrial farm. It was compact and looked nice and still left room for the chronotyper stuff later.
Man, aesthetics? Animal products? You're crazy. Those consideration PALE in the eye of MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY. Seriously, if what has been said here is true then nothing matters anymore, just sweet sweet red matter sewage and its ability to indirectly power your whole base and several others while it's at it. It is now time to build a dozen or so testtubes with 80-ish animals apiece and no upgrades to power my boilers. I'll call it the POOPEXTRACTON 9000.

But yeah, you made me realize, it's not the range that's the problem, it's the thoroughput of a single sewage collector.

I now have a new opinion. The sewage collectors should be what I've said they should before but should only do one animal per collector, with upgrades for more animals.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Man, aesthetics? Animal products? You're crazy. Those consideration PALE in the eye of MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY. Seriously, if what has been said here is true then nothing matters anymore, just sweet sweet red matter sewage and its ability to indirectly power your whole base and several others while it's at it. It is now time to build a dozen or so testtubes with 80-ish animals apiece and no upgrades to power my boilers. I'll call it the POOPEXTRACTON 9000.

But yeah, you made me realize, it's not the range that's the problem, it's the thoroughput of a single sewage collector.

I now have a new opinion. The sewage collectors should be what I've said they should before but should only do one animal per collector, with upgrades for more animals.

But my ten million cows in that pen mixed up with fourteen pigs won't work.

[/sarcasm]

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

This is a lot of thought put towards digital sewage. :D What's the goal here though? We feelin' like industrial fertilizer is too strong?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
This is a lot of thought put towards digital sewage. :D What's the goal here though? We feelin' like industrial fertilizer is too strong?
Tell me it's not, I triple dog dare you.

Well, it's kinda like bonemeal, actually it is exactly like bonemeal.

People just don't use it anymore, mostly because they think it's op(I think?). It's different with the fertilizer though. Dunno why.

But my ten million cows in that pen mixed up with fourteen pigs won't work.[/sarcasm]
Old version my man, you sour cause I called you a fanboy?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Tell me it's not, I triple dog dare you.

Well, it's kinda like bonemeal, actually it is exactly like bonemeal.

The only thing that makes it more powerful than bonemeal is that the fertilizer machine works. We could easily make infinite bonemeal too. In fact, aren't you already?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing that makes it more powerful than bonemeal is that the fertilizer machine works. We could easily make infinite bonemeal too. In fact, aren't you already?
Yeah, I actually started to consider that angle after I was done writing.

It'd be great, just a few deployers and the mfr machines, the problem is that the efficiency would plummet after the switch to 1.5.1 due to the bonemeal changes in vanilla. Also, no deployers in 1.5.1. (Yet)

Lining one of the outside walls with tubes sounds like the better solution.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
do you guys put a railcraft feeder with it so you get more animals or does that not do anything with the production end of the poo processing

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
do you guys put a railcraft feeder with it so you get more animals or does that not do anything with the production end of the poo processing
Nah, RC feeding station despawns animals when there are too many in the same place.

Use MRF one, it needs just a bit of power, but if coupled with the one that can separate babies from adults, you can automate breeding, have a separate cell for growing, and automate the killing when they grow.

I only did the separation part for now (the machine requires 3 emeralds), and I already have more than 2 stacks of meat and 1 of leather, just from feeding it my excess wheat.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Old version my man, you sour cause I called you a fanboy?

No. I just was being sarcastic.

I need to setup some MFR stuff I just can't bring myself 'round to doing it.

For one, you have to, get this, have rubber.

I just really don't feel like making rubber. I need to automate it somehow.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
What if there was an easy furnace that a mod made that you could have early game that outputted stuff into chests? What if this mod were called...Thermal Expansion?!

Or what if there were 5 or more systems to move items around from machines? We could call them FZ, TE, BC, GT, RP2, and AE!
Yea, automating rubber is going to be so hard...Oh, we'll need something to auto craft it into plastic. Maybe we could try AE, or FZ, or FZ again, or XY?

Now someone needs to make those mods.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
What if there was an easy furnace that a mod made that you could have early game that outputted stuff into chests? What if this mod were called...Thermal Expansion?!

Or what if there were 5 or more systems to move items around from machines? We could call them FZ, TE, BC, GT, RP2, and AE!
Yea, automating rubber is going to be so hard...Oh, we'll need something to auto craft it into plastic. Maybe we could try AE, or FZ, or FZ again, or XY?

Now someone needs to make those mods.
Hey maybe we should talk to neptunepink, KingLemming, cpw/SirSengir, GregoriousT, AlgorithmX2, and Soaryn! I hear they're pretty good coders.

Reactions: jumpfight5

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
i have learned so much from this thread thanks to the power of topic change. I wonder what saice is going to change the title to tomorrow?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Hey maybe we should talk to neptunepink, KingLemming, cpw/SirSengir, GregoriousT, AlgorithmX2, and Soaryn! I hear they're pretty good coders.

All we need is to stick them in a blender and have the resulting slurry used to clone a super coder who would make the bestest mod ever.

I bet that mod would have shoops.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
And them, we clone that being, so that they can make multiple mods and work even faster as they are many working on every projects, 24/7.

Replace them as necessary, when they ask to sleep for example.

Right?

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
And them, we clone that being, so that they can make multiple mods and work even faster as they are many working on every projects, 24/7.

Replace them as necessary, when they ask to sleep for example.

Right?

Kind of like the miners from Moon.

Reactions: Redweevil