Old Adeptcraft - A collection of memories

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I believe while it does address the issue of mob counting you cant get extra counts. The sewage collector at least from what Ive read into on the new version shuts down if it finds another active collector in its range.
Yeah, well that only means that people will build one block animal singularities which, let me tell you, puts a lot of strain on the server due to a high count of collision checks.

I personally believe that collectors shouldn't be upgradeable, should come with a 3x3 collection area naturally and should produce a multiblock entity which keeps count of animals in its whole area. They should also share the tank.

Perfect.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Do you really change all the cuss to '@#!*%'? Or is it a feature of the FTB forums?
Nothing about my comment contained profanity, but if you meant in general, yeah. I change all profanity to @#$!% because I believe it is more tasteful.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Ok just to get this clear.... I'm doing some more hard tests. 1 vs 1 and 40 vs 40

I believe the sewage collectors work at a static rate, more animals require more collectors 40 whatevers over 1 collector will only equal 1 collector worth of sewage. 40 animals in their own 1x1 area with their own sewage collector should produce substantially more sewage.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I rarely curse on the internet; I don't think my personality compliments cursing well. Lamberts personality, for example compliments it well. It'd make me seem like more of a moron than I actually am.

Also, I do like Sphax. And Faithful, And Technician's Remix (hehe) Really, I don't care *too* much for Fanver. As you can see, I'm a very easy person to please, aesthetically. Favorite: Default. It's simple, prettyful, and dem stone bricks..

Saice I like your roads, these fools don't know how to make nuffink.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
dragonxq.png

yup

Reactions: Mooseman9

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, well that only means that people will build one block animal singularities which, let me tell you, puts a lot of strain on the server due to a high count of collision checks.

Nah, the reason they're doing this is because with the first version with upgrades you could put multiple sewage collectors over one pasture, upgrade them all, and get sewage as if they were all alone. The goal with the upgrade is to just let you have one.

The original design was a bit trickier in its implementation (you needed the chronotyper because you'd end up with no grass for your cows/sheep to munch), but I think the appeal to aesthetics has won out.

I personally believe that collectors shouldn't be upgradeable, should come with a 3x3 collection area naturally and should produce a multiblock entity which keeps count of animals in its whole area. They should also share the tank.

The only difference between the current system and your proposed system is aesthetics and the amount of piping. You could effectively do radius 1 upgrades and get exactly that.

You saw my design on AdvancingCraft, I think. I had a railcraft feeder on top of single collector with a tin upgrade to cover the whole pasture. A sewage line was buried in the dirt under the pasture that lead over to the industrial farm. It was compact and looked nice and still left room for the chronotyper stuff later.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
its kind of the FTB version of how the mindcrack server works except its from the forums here and you have to be invited as much as i can gather. more resurch is needed to complete my studies lol

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Sooooo... What is Adeptcraft? Where you are making your build? Or a server you made for your build?

No matter how much Ferg fanboys/stalks/idolises Saice and Lambert, Adeptcraft will remain a regular server.
It's been around a while now, it used to use the mindcrack pack and now it uses Ultimate.
Recently, Lambert, Saice, Slay_Mithos and a few other people from the server joined us and the Shoop started posting pics up here of his build, but we took over the thread :)

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
lol while that is somewhat true i like their threads because they do go off topic and i can participate in the conversation. my knowledge of most of the mods are mediocre at best so on other pages i read but i don't have the sufficiant knowledge to be of any help

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
ya i had to use stairs because it was the magic pack that i was using at the time i made it because red power wasn't ready yet. it was going to be the entrance to my magical base