Old Adeptcraft - A collection of memories

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
Jeez. Is there any reason they keep changing doctors? Do they keep quitting?

There have been a grand total of 33 seasons spread over the last 50 years. Some change of faces is not unexpected (much like James Bond). Really though I do not know why the first set or two of doctor changes happened, that was way back in the 60s and I couldn't make myself watch that if I wanted to. Now it is kind of expected that each doctor will only run for about a half-dozen years or so at most. It is not just an actor change though, it is built into the story line, and while the 'character' is the same, the change also greatly impacts his personality and mannerisms, the writing staff uses it to take the show in new directions as well. So when we talk about liking X dr, it is not really about just liking that actor, it is about liking the character directly, and liking that era of writing indirectly.

Reactions: tehBlobLord

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
There have been a grand total of 33 seasons spread over the last 50 years. Some change of faces is not unexpected (much like James Bond). Really though I do not know why the first set or two of doctor changes happened, that was way back in the 60s and I couldn't make myself watch that if I wanted to. Now it is kind of expected that each doctor will only run for about a half-dozen years or so at most. It is not just an actor change though, it is built into the story line, and while the 'character' is the same, the change also greatly impacts his personality and mannerisms, the writing staff uses it to take the show in new directions as well. So when we talk about liking X dr, it is not really about just liking that actor, it is about liking the character directly, and liking that era of writing indirectly.
And the new doctor is great because he's funny or nerdy or witty or something like that, yeah?

James bond never changes characters, though. From what I gather, Each doctor is a different character and all others actually exist, I may be wrong. James bond is the same character with a different, non-serial story that never happened before. There are a few exceptions to this, as there are some Easter eggs or references in the movies, though those are usually just for fans.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to check out your profile. I love the new message under your location. But somebody's gotta be the guy that lays the smack down on the new guys.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
And the new doctor is great because he's funny or nerdy or witty or something like that, yeah?

James bond never changes characters, though. From what I gather, Each doctor is a different character and all others actually exist, I may be wrong. James bond is the same character with a different, non-serial story that never happened before. There are a few exceptions to this, as there are some Easter eggs or references in the movies, though those are usually just for fans.

It both is and is not the same character. The Doctor is an alien, so when he dies he "regenerates" and takes on a new appearance and personality traits/manerisms/etc. The core values of the character stay (pretty much) the same though. All memories and whatnot are also retained. There is really no direct analog in other tv series afaik. It is still the same doctor, he(maybe she soon?) just acts differently.

Reactions: Chocorate

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I used to play, I'm pretty much the most popular person on this site. For realsies.
I think I'd go for MachineMuse, but knowing that he/she is the dev of one of my favourite mods might make my opinion biased.

And 1000 likes Lambert? that's nearly more than my post count, that's insane.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
It both is and is not the same character. The Doctor is an alien, so when he dies he "regenerates" and takes on a new appearance and personality traits/manerisms/etc. The core values of the character stay (pretty much) the same though. All memories and whatnot are also retained. There is really no direct analog in other tv series afaik. It is still the same doctor, he(maybe she soon?) just acts differently.
See also.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I hope I don't get Well-known, honestly. Like, I've been Active Member for so long (compared to people who joined after me) that I don't even want to mix in. :c

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been playing with the poop system.

I've noted in my test system that cow and sheep poop the same it seems.
But Ive also noted HOLY *#$@ BALLS you need a lot of poop to keep up with just one MFR farm.
Like my test system has 30 sewage collectors 120 sheep/cows and that can barely keep 2 composters running all the time and 4 of them running just slightly under max speed (seems 2maxed vs 4 not maxed the 4 run slightly faster) That drops 4 fertilizer a cycle while the farm uses up 9 a cycle.

So yeah anyone got a little more XP with MFR that could give me a solid Collectors to animals to composter per farm ratio to work with?

Reactions: southernfriedbb