Old Adeptcraft - A collection of memories

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
I love dr who, and I actually really enjoyed the most recent episode. The pacing felt weird though. Not in a bad way, but I looked at the time when there was about 1/3 left and felt like there should have been more. It all wraped up in time though without feeling rushed, so maybe it was just my preconceived notions about how an episode should flow. My favorite doctor is 10, though 11 is really awesome as well and may yet overtake him. 9 was meh to me, and I have only watched about a half dozen episodes from 4(Baker), and none from any other old who, so I cant really comment on the old ones.
I felt that there was little to no suspense in the latest episode, also I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I nearly vomited at the end when the star that the asteroid belt was orbiting just disappeared with no ill effects. It was cool, I liked the thing about the power of song and the infinite possibility in a leaf, but the "bad guy" was so easy to beat (the doctor tells him off then lets himself be eaten) that it left me feeling a bit cheated.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Trit lives IN spawn so I expect he's going to suffer soon C:<
Nobody'll get that name. ;) One of the downsides of having several usernames. *le sigh*
And it's near spawn, not at spawn; but I will probably only stay there until I am capable of moving my base... and have reached a sufficient 'level' of progress. :p

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I just started out. i have a boat.
Yeah, about that, the water near spwawn is a closed lake, with very little interesting biomes that are not already taken.

You are welcome to come near where I live, because I am by no mean a good builder, so I really doubt I will make too big buildings anyway.

(Or, you can come, and use the sea that is there for your boat, it seems like it is way bigger than the lake at spawn ^^)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
What blocks are those beneath your sheep?

Sewage collectors they are from MFR if there is an animal on them it makes poo. No power needed just animals and pipes

You can send that over to a com poster to make MFR fertilizer for just a little power. Sort of a must have if your going to use the MFR farms.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, about that, the water near spwawn is a closed lake, with very little interesting biomes that are not already taken.

You are welcome to come near where I live, because I am by no mean a good builder, so I really doubt I will make too big buildings anyway.

(Or, you can come, and use the sea that is there for your boat, it seems like it is way bigger than the lake at spawn ^^)

If you keep going east form spawn you will find an ocean

its is the ocean of sadness we call it Oubliette because after 40K of endless water you start to forget where you are, why your in this boat, and who you are.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
So, is there a map somewhere I can check out what has been explored? If I am gonna pull off this no mining start in a few hours I am gonna need some villages that still have alviaries, and prefferably find an abandoned mine to loot some chests for a few starter ingots.

Jerome Asich

Jul 29, 2019
So, is there a map somewhere I can check out what has been explored? If I am gonna pull off this no mining start in a few hours I am gonna need some villages that still have alviaries, and prefferably find an abandoned mine to loot some chests for a few starter ingots.
Sadly, no. There is no way for me to get any type of isometric view for the server... Too intensive and buggy with FTB in general.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
John Smith's Technician Remix is my favorite texture pack to play with, no matter what. It adds more detail (and accentuates the themes, like machine or steam) while not going too far with definition.

Sphax makes me puke and I wish I could watch youtube videos with different texture packs.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just gonna pop in here really late. But I saw the words Doctor Who and all I have to say is..... Did anyone else watch Doctor Who like 6 or 7 years ago and then dropped it and now it's back. I feel like a hipster. I watched it before it was cool. jk. but yea. Why did it gain popularity so randomly?

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just gonna pop in here really late. But I saw the words Doctor Who and all I have to say is..... Did anyone else watch Doctor Who like 6 or 7 years ago and then dropped it and now it's back. I feel like a hipster. I watched it before it was cool. jk. but yea. Why did it gain popularity so randomly?
Because when people say that something's cool, people watch it. Also Tumblrwh0res.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
I see. Also another thing, does anyone have an official number of which Doctor this is? I remember in my several years of watching it there was at least 30 different Who's.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Dr Who is over 40 years old and was popular right from the get go. The only way you could have watched it before it was cool would be to watch the first episode before it publicly aired in 1963.
And I don't know why I took issue with your comment seeing as though I don't even like the goddamned show.

Reactions: Technician

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
That's why I put the jk after I watched it before it was cool. I understand it's older then I am. It was a joke.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
I see. Also another thing, does anyone have an official number of which Doctor this is? I remember in my several years of watching it there was at least 30 different Who's.
The Doctor we're on right now is the Eleventh. I liked 10 and 9 better (although that's mostly because Moffat).

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
The current doctor is the eleventh, if I'm not mistaken.

And also: AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT LIKES SPHAX HERE?
Seriously, Sphax and Faithful are the only ones that do NOT make me puke.
Even if they are overused, I find them to be better than Technician's Remix or Realistic IMO.
But then again, everyone has their opinion.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
The current doctor is the eleventh, if I'm not mistaken.

And also: AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT LIKES SPHAX HERE?
Seriously, Sphax and Faithful are the only ones that do NOT make me puke.
Even if they are overused, I find them to be better than Technician's Remix or Realistic IMO.
But then again, everyone has their opinion.
yes

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Sphax is something I'd have to play with for a long time to get used to. It's like making all the font in an English book halfway through, Russian.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
id say sphax is like the most popular tex pack out there so chances are no you're not alone in liking it. It still looks like shit though.

Reactions: Chocorate