Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

Lanolin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really enjoying all of the spelunking in this map pack so far. I'm running into a bit of a problem when I try to create pasture seeds though. The recipe involves dropping grass into the an alchemical mana pool, but when I do that I get a fern instead. Is something wrong with the recipe, or am I missing something?

It sounds like you're tossing it into a mana pool over that is being augmented by the Alchemy Catalyst. Use a standard mana pool instead. :D

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really enjoying all of the spelunking in this map pack so far. I'm running into a bit of a problem when I try to create pasture seeds though. The recipe involves dropping grass into the an alchemical mana pool, but when I do that I get a fern instead. Is something wrong with the recipe, or am I missing something?

One other quick question I have - is there any way to pick up and drop passive mobs in this pack?

Make sure a catalyst isn't beneath the pool, I believe it only needs a simple mana pool.

Yes, thaumcraft adds a few ways. Aura Cascade also creates passive mobs for you.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
It sounds like you're tossing it into a mana pool over that is being augmented by the Alchemy Catalyst. Use a standard mana pool instead. :D

Not saying your dumb or that but pasture seeds are basic botania which require just a mana pool with some mana, the alchemy catalyst is mainly used to change things into other things like cactus to slimeballs and all that but grass is used in an actually recipe with just mana to make the pasture seeds.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Not saying your dumb or that but pasture seeds are basic botania which require just a mana pool with some mana, the alchemy catalyst is mainly used to change things into other things like cactus to slimeballs and all that but grass is used in an actually recipe with just mana to make the pasture seeds.
There are 2 recipes for grass in mana pools 1 with a catalyst to turn it into ferns and 1 without to turn it into pasture seeds. It just sounds like he needs to remove the catalyst from under his pool and it will do what he wants.

Lanolin

Jul 29, 2019
There are 2 recipes for grass in mana pools 1 with a catalyst to turn it into ferns and 1 without to turn it into pasture seeds. It just sounds like he needs to remove the catalyst from under his pool and it will do what he wants.

Pretty much

Lanolin

Jul 29, 2019

Yes I know, that is how I was able to come to the conclusion that the alchemy catalyst was causing the issue.

shadowreject

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah often times it is better to have seperate mana pools for alchemy, duplication, and basic mana pool crafting operations

pyronetic

Jul 29, 2019
i'm fine with everything in the lycanite mobs....besides phantoms -_- oh? you've just started? here have a invasion of 4 phantoms that make it so you can't flipping move and oh btw you can't hit them for crap. oh you're exploring around these caves? here have a phantom make you walk off a freaking cliff 4 times in a row <.< the fear is so annoying....

Hazzor

Jul 29, 2019
i'm fine with everything in the lycanite mobs....besides phantoms -_- oh? you've just started? here have a invasion of 4 phantoms that make it so you can't flipping move and oh btw you can't hit them for crap. oh you're exploring around these caves? here have a phantom make you walk off a freaking cliff 4 times in a row <.< the fear is so annoying....
That fear is quite possibly the most annoying thing in the game, it's not so bad when they're just screwing you around at your base but when there are cliffs and lava involves it gets baaad... also the sound they play is far 2spoopy4me

Reactions: shadowreject

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
That fear is quite possibly the most annoying thing in the game, it's not so bad when they're just screwing you around at your base but when there are cliffs and lava involves it gets baaad... also the sound they play is far 2spoopy4me

I am not 100% sure I agree. Yes, they are obnoxious and four phantoms at once coming out the gate is surely the nadir of luck. On the other hand, four of almost anything as you start out is pretty awful.

However, there's some kind of rare skeleton that steals stuff out of your action bar...Like your spellbook and weapons, say...then runs away! And it doesn't always drop what it stole when it dies. And you can't always find it. If it despawns due to you moving away, being killed, etc., there goes all of your stuff. The phantoms are annoying, yes, but the thief skeleton has resulted in one or two moments of near-rage in the early game when I realized I was going to have to re-buy all of my spells and didn't have the dark power to summon a flea.

Hazzor

Jul 29, 2019
However, there's some kind of rare skeleton that steals stuff out of your action bar...Like your spellbook and weapons, say...then runs away! And it doesn't always drop what it stole when it dies. And you can't always find it. If it despawns due to you moving away, being killed, etc., there goes all of your stuff. The phantoms are annoying, yes, but the thief skeleton has resulted in one or two moments of near-rage in the early game when I realized I was going to have to re-buy all of my spells and didn't have the dark power to summon a flea.

Holy crap I'm glad i've never run into one of those, I think I'd combust with rage, that's ridiculous

pyronetic

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah well, what happened to me was i died thief skeleton that took my soulbound weapon so i had crap to fight it back with, then on my way back to get my graves stone knowing the skeleton probably despawned i got continuously attack by phantoms xD and i still can't find anyone to play this pack with T_T

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Does the server not work for anyone else?

Might want to be more specific about what isn't working. The download? Logging in? Refusing to start at all?

On an unrelated note: Does anyone know if Thaumcraft golems with weapons/guard will attack all the weird mobs in this pack? Or will they just ignore most of them the same way the turrets do?

pyronetic

Jul 29, 2019
It will start up then give me an error i have no clue what to do about .-. I can run all of the other ftb server just fine so i think that something is messed up with how it's setup and there is a message from drastic saying he might have messed it up.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Drastic, I've got a very odd error. I find it hard to believe nobody else has reported this so I am worried it's world corruption of my save or something:

I completed the quest "Golemancy" in the Thaumcraft line. It rewards a chop golem activation dingus...And an "invalid item" with an item ID of "5886." I thought maybe the quest book was bugged, but I now have that item in my inventory as part of the quest reward. Whaaaat?

It looks like it is related to the HQM stuff and maybe the Quest Delivery System because the icon of the item is the same thing that shows up on the QDS when you 'bind' it in other HQM-based modpacks.

What item was I supposed to receive? Since I won't retroactively get it when the next update fixes whatever is wrong.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
It is supposed to be the golemancers bell. I have no idea why that quest ALWAYS breaks.