Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
i had a number of pigs and sheeps near spawn but they all despawned. I did happen upon one lone sheep i had to tunnel to get to who was hanging on a rock at the edge of a lava pool. I rescued it and brought it home, sheared it for the wool needed to make the cascading colorer and bam, sheep family.

shadowreject

Jul 29, 2019
Only passive mobs I have seen are ones that spawned with I guess world gen haven't gone out of my way just yet trying to spawn them though. Has anyone encountered a bug with EE3 forgetting values of items? My book still has the knowledge of the items that I learned but the items themselves don't have an emc value.

Edit: Fixed it by 'updating' the Energy Value folder with the template folder.

Last edited:

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
What sorts of area-effect mining/digging tools are available in Banished other than the Thaumcraft mining-beam thingy? Is there anything like the TiCon hammer, for example?

EDIT: Never mind, I found an enchantment recipe to do exactly that in Silent's Gems.

Last edited:

shadowreject

Jul 29, 2019
What sorts of area-effect mining/digging tools are available in Banished other than the Thaumcraft mining-beam thingy? Is there anything like the TiCon hammer, for example?

There is the Terra Shatterer which needs to be upgraded with mana to get its AOE but can be quite large especially if you have the Ring of Thor.
The thaumcraft add-on Thaumic Tinker, adds really op late game items, has the Ichorium Pickaxe.
Then there is the Thaumcraft Arcane Bore and the Excavation focus which I believe has an AOE upgrade path. Haven't played too much with thaumcraft tbh.

Those are all of the ones that I know of outside of an Ars Magica spell

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Ya out of this modpack the only problem atm i'm having would be the passive spawn animals which i think either need to beable to buy for like 30-40 rep a egg to make easier or maybe make them craftable like regrowth did with the eggs in botania so maybe runic altar but with some Aura gems and runes depending on the egg?

piter50

Jul 29, 2019

EDIT: Never mind, I found an enchantment recipe to do exactly that in Silent's Gems.
And of course lets not forget the AOE dig spell you get as a reward from one of the dark power quests. I think it is just like the TiCon Hammer in that it mines a 3x3 on the plane you touch. Ive been using that for mass digs and then using the fortune dig spell to mine gems and dusts.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get a passive mob spawner to work, is it possible? I'm almost never close to it, and it's well lit grass. nothing spawns

Got a solution! Turns out one of the faeries from Aura Cascade randomly summons passive mobs all around you...Including above you (danger, flying pigs) and below you (sounds of cows suffocating in the dirt).

And of course lets not forget the AOE dig spell you get as a reward from one of the dark power quests. I think it is just like the TiCon Hammer in that it mines a 3x3 on the plane you touch. Ive been using that for mass digs and then using the fortune dig spell to mine gems and dusts.

I thought that AOE dig spell from the DP quest only dug beneath you? Maybe I'm not doing it right. I do use the fortune dig spell constantly, though.

shadowreject

Jul 29, 2019
I thought that AOE dig spell from the DP quest only dug beneath you? Maybe I'm not doing it right. I do use the fortune dig spell constantly, though.

The Quarry spell digs beneath you but the AOE, both beam and touch versions, dig up the plane depending on what block face the spell hits

Hazzor

Jul 29, 2019
Got a solution! Turns out one of the faeries from Aura Cascade randomly summons passive mobs all around you...Including above you (danger, flying pigs) and below you (sounds of cows suffocating in the dirt).

of course, aura cascade, the mod I'm barely scratching the surface of >.< why couldn't there be a sheep spawning dandelion in botania, that'd be perfect

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
of course, aura cascade, the mod I'm barely scratching the surface of >.< why couldn't there be a sheep spawning dandelion in botania, that'd be perfect

Hate to say but i agree and i don't like aura because of the wool requirement which 1 sheep alone doesn't cover very well. Might suggest maybe a flower to summon passive mobs to the botania mod author see how he likes that idea?

Malaclypse

Jul 29, 2019
Hate to say but i agree and i don't like aura because of the wool requirement which 1 sheep alone doesn't cover very well. Might suggest maybe a flower to summon passive mobs to the botania mod author see how he likes that idea?

One sheep should be plenty once you have a Cascading Colorer built (assuming you can keep it alive). The Colorer changes the sheep's wool color AND gives it a nice full coat to shear every few seconds. I had no problem filling up a couple of 2x2 storage drawers with colored wool from one sheep.

Edit: I wish the quest book gave you the sheep egg a little earlier in the quest line, though. I only unlocked that quest reward AFTER a rather frustrating trip to find a wild sheep and try to get it back to my base.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019

Well, let's be honest here. You'd get one sheep or cow out of the darned thing and the first act of the stubborn animal would be to eat the summoning flower. Some things you just can't do with salad.

The Quarry spell digs beneath you but the AOE, both beam and touch versions, dig up the plane depending on what block face the spell hits

Oh! I didn't mess around with those very much, silly me. I didn't realize the beam was AoE, and the touch-version...Well let's be honest, AoE digging is just asking for a faceful of lava sooner or later, so I wasn't so keen on the touch version. With a pick/hammer/whatever you can at least have 4-5 blocks of room to react.

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
One sheep should be plenty once you have a Cascading Colorer built (assuming you can keep it alive). The Colorer changes the sheep's wool color AND gives it a nice full coat to shear every few seconds. I had no problem filling up a couple of 2x2 storage drawers with colored wool from one sheep.

Edit: I wish the quest book gave you the sheep egg a little earlier in the quest line, though. I only unlocked that quest reward AFTER a rather frustrating trip to find a wild sheep and try to get it back to my base.
I actually got most of my wool from spiders, kill spider DP quest, and the string DP quest. It is 32 string, but a good hunting/exploration trip should give you both string drops, string rewards, and the dark power to get more string.

Reactions: cannajan

shadowreject

Jul 29, 2019
Oh! I didn't mess around with those very much, silly me. I didn't realize the beam was AoE, and the touch-version...Well let's be honest, AoE digging is just asking for a faceful of lava sooner or later, so I wasn't so keen on the touch version. With a pick/hammer/whatever you can at least have 4-5 blocks of room to react.

yeah the touch version asks for trouble if you run about using it willynilly but you get ~3 blocks worth of range from it if you have your face right up against the block you are digging and if you listen for the sounds of lava/react fast enough its not that bad. Except for the jump scares from geonachs T_T

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Knew that it changed its color but i didn't know it helped grow the wool grow back faster maybe 1 sheep will be fine.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
You should be fine. Block that sheep in with obsidian so it doesnt' get creepered.

If you progress down Aura Cascade until you can get the Fairy Ring with the Baiter fairy and then you'll just have random passive mobs spawning all around you and you'll have no trouble at all.

In other news, mining beam is awesome, but trying to dig out the dead space between three chasms into one enormous room is still crazy-slow work. I need a Plowshare nuke. >_>

But when I am done it will look awesome.

EDIT: 8th day is terrifyingly obvious when you can see a large, open, brightly lit space. Mobs and groups of mobs just start popping out of nowhere. Also I can confirm that mobs will kill passive mobs if no player is available for them to vent their frustrations on.

Last edited:

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having trouble with the dust you make with EMC in the tablet not working in the base and bell?

shadowreject

Jul 29, 2019
So, not sure if anyone has progressed into thaumcraft very far. Right now in a test world testing out a botania/thaumcraft style treefarm mana generator and I had wanted to use the Infernal Furnace because free smelting is nice but the structure won't form when i try to click it with a wand(its full >50 ignis & tera). So i'm questioning if Drastic disabled them somehow or if there is a bug somewhere that is causing one of the formation checks to fail.

I guess i will use exoflames instead to power furnaces or maybe use the Aura Cascade smelter

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
So, not sure if anyone has progressed into thaumcraft very far. Right now in a test world testing out a botania/thaumcraft style treefarm mana generator and I had wanted to use the Infernal Furnace because free smelting is nice but the structure won't form when i try to click it with a wand(its full >50 ignis & tera). So i'm questioning if Drastic disabled them somehow or if there is a bug somewhere that is causing one of the formation checks to fail.

I guess i will use exoflames instead to power furnaces or maybe use the Aura Cascade smelter
I would start by checking your thaumonomicon and making sure everything is where it should be and the vis costs at the bottom. If you can post a few pictures of the thaumonomicon entry and the furnace you are trying to set up and I will see what I can do to help you out.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
or you might have misplaced a block or something its a fairly forward but same time very easy to mess up if you don't pay attention to making the furnace. Try a test world in creative and see if it works?