Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

Hazzor

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to run into hell biomes near big open cavern spaces but sometimes you just gotta dig around to find one which i think i gotta do in this world i got atm.
I guess I got lucky, mine was 150 blocks from home :eek:

Everyone's always just saying "use EE3" and I'm just sitting here with no idea how, is there gonna be a quest line for this stuff soon? learning a mod with HQM is far more fun than wikis

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019

Everyone's always just saying "use EE3" and I'm just sitting here with no idea how, is there gonna be a quest line for this stuff soon? learning a mod with HQM is far more fun than wikis

Mine was close to 800. :/

And I agree about HQM > wikis. So far it's not very clear to me. Yesterday I'd gotten to a point where it seems like you burn stuff that's worth points to get different sorts of ash, and if I am understanding it right you can then turn the ash 'back' into anything you know how to construct from the ashes. Or something. It's not very clear. So I went back to Botania briefly to automate my endoflames instead. I'll probably take another bash at it tomorrow or Wednesday.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019

Mine was close to 800. :/

And I agree about HQM > wikis. So far it's not very clear to me. Yesterday I'd gotten to a point where it seems like you burn stuff that's worth points to get different sorts of ash, and if I am understanding it right you can then turn the ash 'back' into anything you know how to construct from the ashes. Or something. It's not very clear. So I went back to Botania briefly to automate my endoflames instead. I'll probably take another bash at it tomorrow or Wednesday.
To start EE3 you need a research table a tome of alchemical knowledge the aludel base and glass bowl thing that goes on top of it (I can't remember the name of it but it is crafted with 7 glass in a pants shape) 9 ash infused stone and a block of chalk. Learn everything you want in the research table with the tome inserted into the right slot and what you want into the left slot. Once you have a few things learned place the 9 ash infused stone in a 3x3 pattern on the ground. After that break the block of chalk with a pick/mining spell to get the chalk pieces from it then hold the chalk piece in your hand and press v (default key if you changed it press that key instead) to select the middle sized circle and draw that circle onto the 9 stone on the ground that you built. Once all that is done all you do is shift right click the circle with an empty hand and you have your transmutation table. Take your book and put it into the transmutation tablet in the top right slot then put EMC items you don't want/need into the 8 slots in a circle on the left side and pull what you want out from the list on the right side.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Yes there is a quest section for equivalent exchange - keep progressing in aura cascade to unlock it.

Hazzor

Jul 29, 2019
Yes there is a quest section for equivalent exchange - keep progressing in aura cascade to unlock it.
Oh right, when i saw 0 quests in there i assumed it was either broken or just not inplemented yet fair enough

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Oh right, when i saw 0 quests in there i assumed it was either broken or just not inplemented yet fair enough

I tried to include atleast one quest for every mod that wasn't self explanatory - when in doubt just search the mod in NEI and poke around a few recipes.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
This map is supposed to have no bedrock ?

I'm at y=1 (gold is a rarety) and when I mine a block lower I discover a big black hole, my light projectile doesn't reach the end. (sorry if I'm not fully understandable)

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
This map is supposed to have no bedrock ?

I'm at y=1 (gold is a rarety) and when I mine a block lower I discover a big black hole, my light projectile doesn't reach the end. (sorry if I'm not fully understandable)
The caveworld mod has other dimensions that are disabled and falling through the bottom of the world normally takes you to one of them. In this modpack though it teleports you to your spawn point instead.

Reactions: Zarvoxbe

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
The caveworld mod has other dimensions that are disabled and falling through the bottom of the world normally takes you to one of them. In this modpack though it teleports you to your spawn point instead.

I have been using this to my advantage for ages now, at least I don't have to worry about mob mining up & destroying crops or valuable blocks, & I try keep a thick layer on at least 2 sides & make sure there is a large cavern to one side, mobs can then be controlled, creepers are the only real problem, the turrets can't nail them before they tp onto me :).

shadowreject

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else had minor issues with the Mob Inhibitor Blocks, specifically the hostile mob one? I recently had a zombie spawn in a room smaller than the reported size. I'm not sure if it was a super spawn day or not. It might have been as the room was well lit and had a carpenter garage door but there were no holes or other signs of entry.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
I've built the default turret.

Is intended that she shoot nothing? Especially phantom?

Perhaps I should upgrade her?

Hazzor

Jul 29, 2019
I've built the default turret.

Is intended that she shoot nothing? Especially phantom?

Perhaps I should upgrade her?
My understanding is that the turrets and golems have issues with lycanites mobs

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
It'd be nice if there were a file somewhere that could be edited which could add creatures to the turret's kill-list, that's for sure. :/ I gave up on using them after a while because they ignored so many things. They're great on skeletons and zombies but I had a creeper (looked normal?) that just waltzed right through four turrets while they were off having a smoke or something. I mean I WATCHED it coming right for me, going hey-diddle-diddle straight up the middle between all these turrets which ignored it. Heck, at this point I'd prefer a whitelist: tell it not to shoot sheep, golems, cows and chickens and everything else is fair game.

Oh, yeah, players should probably be on that list, too.

Reactions: egor66

Hazzor

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get a passive mob spawner to work, is it possible? I'm almost never close to it, and it's well lit grass. nothing spawns

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get a passive mob spawner to work, is it possible? I'm almost never close to it, and it's well lit grass. nothing spawns

Darned good question. I see the occasional chicken or pig or sheep (no cows since day 1 for some reason) but not in areas I've been previously so they might be worldgen leftovers. I don't know if they don't spawn deliberately or if they're just being choked out by a max mobcap full of infernal and siege mobs or what.

I should try to set up a grassy area some distance away and see if I can get passive mobs.

Also oh god gravity creepers are NASTY.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
How do you make Arcane Prisms? They don't have an NEI recipe or an entry in the Aura book. The questbook vaguely hints at it, but thanks to monsters getting my single sheep killed my wool supplies are tiny and can't be wasted on experimentation.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
How do you make Arcane Prisms? They don't have an NEI recipe or an entry in the Aura book. The questbook vaguely hints at it, but thanks to monsters getting my single sheep killed my wool supplies are tiny and can't be wasted on experimentation.
Look in the aura cascade book to make sure but I believe it is made with the cascading processor and 1 of each of the arcane gems.