New OP Forestry engine .. forget the rest

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Sengir has added the best engine you're ever likely to see....

Does it require fuel - Nope!
Does it requires water - Nope!
Does it require ANY resources - Nope!

Well WTF I hear you ask what does it run on ... the answer is a wind up!!

No I'm not winding you up (although reading the above you might think so :p)

I give you the

fetch.php

CLOCKWORK engine, that's right give it a wind up and boom off it goes....

How OP are mods gonna get as we head into MineCraft 1.5.1 > 1.6

Anyway I kid you not :D it's real and nope it doesn't give out oodles of MJ/t but only slightly more than a redstone engine.

http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki.new/doku.php?id=main:beta link to page with info on.

AliveGhost

Jul 29, 2019
This is effectively a slightly more powerful Redstone engine. Both answer all your 'questions' with the same answers, the Redstone engine just needs a Redstone signal. The wind up one requires a bit of effort to wind it up. What's so OP about that?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Chocorate

lw_spartan

Jul 29, 2019
But what keeps it..winding..friction..I mean..at least the redstone engine required a redstone signal. Perhaps it slowly winds back down after a certain amount of time if you don't keep up on it

Goggles998

Jul 29, 2019
I
But what keeps it..winding..friction..I mean..at least the redstone engine required a redstone signal. Perhaps it slowly winds back down after a certain amount of time if you don't keep up on it
I have made a 1.5.1 pack for myself and I can confirm this is the case. They last for about 7seconds before they slowly lose momentum.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Huh, depending on the materials needed, that thing could be perfect for a few cases. Like, moving storage chests to a new system, perfect for temporarily piping out of a chest into a router or ender chest.

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
If after about seven seconds you have to wind it back up again for it to operate I don't think its that OP its simply another way of using engines in a situation such as the scenario of pulling out a stack of cobble for seven seconds and then having it stop thus allowing the cobble to form another stack to be pulled out instead of using a redstone engine and having it get pulled out indefinitely. If anything it will make for some interesting contraptions at least that is my view on it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
ugh, they should put OP on the list of banned words -_-
I don't think this new engine is unbalanced (a word I rather like to use) compared to other engines.

it's about as efficient as a redstone engine, but redstone engine don't work on machines anymore (except for the pump)
you'll probably have to constantly wind up the engine to get a decent output and you'll not be able to leave it alone.
it's kind of the same as the grind stone of AE, it does something that other items does, but it's cheaper to make and requires manual labor.

if people still feel it's unbalanced sengir could make it so that winding the engine would take hunger from you.

Reactions: Goggles998

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get the new engine, you spam right click it and it generates energy? or just 0.5 mj/s?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I think you have to spam click it.

now lets wait for the numerous tutorial videos claiming "free Mjs" via clockwork engines being spammed by engineering turtles

hotchi

Jul 29, 2019
I think you have to spam click it.

now lets wait for the numerous tutorial videos claiming "free Mjs" via clockwork engines being spammed by engineering turtles

yeah that could happen.
but if someone really want to do it like this it his decision.
i don't see a problem with this every one need to decide what he wants to exploit and what not.

Reactions: Chocorate

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
One full wind up gives about 2,250 MJ, which is just under half of a Pulverizer's energy capacity.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
if you can connect it to pipes (like the old version of buildcraft redstone) then that might be another laggy engine... and it will be nerfed.

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
AlgorithmX2 has added the best machine you're ever likely to see....

Does it require fuel - Nope!
Does it requires water - Nope!
Does it require ANY resources - Nope!

Well WTF I hear you ask what does it run on ... the answer is a wind up!!

No I'm not winding you up (although reading the above you might think so :p )

I give you the

ae_grinder_w_crank.png

GRIND STONE, that's right give it a wind up and crunch goes the ores....

How OP are mods gonna get as we head into MineCraft 1.4.5 > 1.1.4.6 > 1.5.1 > 1.6

Anyway I kid you not :D it's real and YEP it doesn't give out oodles of dust but only slightly slower than a macorator machine.

http://ae-mod.info/Quartz-Grind-Stone/ link to page with info on.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Grinstone is possible to automate (with an engineering turtle)... Probably this engine too?
I'd like to see some retarded factory powered only by clockwork engines constantly being whacked by turtles with crescent hammers

Reactions: RedBoss

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
Its cool that you can automate a grindstone with aturtle, but compared to the cost of a pulverizer this is a bit retarded. Same goes with the clockwork engine, i trust sengir enough to take care of the balance.

The funny thing is that most people who complain about the "OP-ness" of sth use a treefarm - steamboiler combo to power EVERYTHING.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
What is your problem with treefarms? Much better than solar panels or lava from Nether...
And yeah, It is a bit retarded to make such a factory, but I think it's funny.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Hands up which modder wants to make a hand cranked liquid pump? :D

PS I actually made this post as a semi-joke since the engine amused me but at the same time introduce something new to everyone.