My Resonant Rise Let's Play (Resonant Rise Modpack)

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
There already is.

So everyone on your RR testing server ie anyone who's anyone on these forums, DIDN'T manually download EVERY mod and install them via MultiMC? They just used the private code in ftb to download everything as a very compact zip that is then unzipped? Dang, I feel like a bit of a retard now, ESP as I didn't finish all the downloading this evening :/
But I have started, and thus I shalt continue to trudge forwards, and onwards, and all to try out this new pack before permissions are gathered and its widely popular die to being the only easily obtainable 1.5 pack, if all goes according to plan.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
So everyone on your RR testing server ie anyone who's anyone on these forums, DIDN'T manually download EVERY mod and install them via MultiMC?

So for testing purposes I have a distribution mechanism. It is very manual and I cannot use it to distribute widely as that would break the "private server" clause I adhere to. The people who get access to that link are the ones on the RR testing server, and they put up with a fair sum of instability for that right.

But I have started, and thus I shalt continue to trudge forwards, and onwards, and all to try out this new pack before permissions are gathered and its widely popular die to being the only easily obtainable 1.5 pack, if all goes according to plan.

If you'd like to work with me to assemble the "totally free to redistribute" buildpack that people can use as a starting point, that'd be rad too.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
So for testing purposes I have a distribution mechanism. It is very manual and I cannot use it to distribute widely as that would break the "private server" clause I adhere to. The people who get access to that link are the ones on the RR testing server, and they put up with a fair sum of instability for that right.

Yeah, I know that, still, people will always want the latest things with as little effort - why do you always see tons of peoe asking to et on forge craft for example? Not because they want to test the mods, becaus they want new stuff faster, without having to download Jenkins builds and whatever, having it all distributed via Dropbox or whatever.

I understand completely your private clause, and how you cannot break that, for if such a thing were to happen you'd become the new Kakermix.

If you'd like to work with me to assemble the "totally free to redistribute" buildpack that people can use as a starting point, that'd be rad too.

As in find all the mods with open/open if distributed via ftb mods and assemble the most stable versions of them together?
And include separate links that direct to the mod authors adf'ly link to download the mod for the no-permission ones?
And then seek permissions on mods that require the permissions etc?

And what will you do about rail craft? Will it be a direct people to the newest version, or will you always be a week behind?
Also, apparently ichun can be very hard to get permissions off...
And Thaumcraft, it's only allowed to be distributed via ftb, does this mean all ftb approved packs, or just all packs made solely by the ftb pack team?
Same with thaumatic bees, MysteriousAges policy is; if you're allowed forestry and Thaumcraft ie the essential mods for this to run, you can use my mod. Will this let us destribute this in the main build, and yet have a redirect for Thaumcraft itself?

Also, I have no idea in Calclavia and co.'s mod pack opinion, however it appears that contacting him is very difficult, so if he doesn't offer blanket permission, we may have problems.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
And what will you do about rail craft? Will it be a direct people to the newest version, or will you always be a week behind?

I can wait a week for new boiler features.

Also, apparently ichun can be very hard to get permissions off...

PortalGun and Hats are a gimme mod. They are not necessary in this pack. I like their feel, but if I can't get them than I don't need them.

And Thaumcraft, it's only allowed to be distributed via ftb, does this mean all ftb approved packs, or just all packs made solely by the ftb pack team?

It means private packs too, but the very first thing I am trying is asking if FTB would like to distribute this Fan-maintained modpack. RR is one of the bigger sub-communities of FTB and we do a fair sum of work to test mods. We're much more aggressive about mod testing and stressing than most of what I see on ForgeCraft.

Same with thaumatic bees, MysteriousAges policy is; if you're allowed forestry and Thaumcraft ie the essential mods for this to run, you can use my mod. Will this let us destribute this in the main build, and yet have a redirect for Thaumcraft itself?

Thaumcraft is no longer essential, and Forestry is open permission.

Also, I have no idea in Calclavia and co.'s mod pack opinion, however it appears that contacting him is very difficult, so if he doesn't offer blanket permission, we may have problems.

I am confident that if we continue to produce high quality UE friendly videos for him to refer to then I can get permission from him. We track his builds closer than most any other modpack. We had working builds of UE for 1.5.1 when almost no one else did.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumatic bees however, is currently the only intended (powertool railgun in deployer dint count) automatable source of minium shards, and the quicksilver bee s pretty useful for GregTech. Thaumcraft itself, I enjoy it, but if it ended up being all between me and a public 1.5, I'd ditch it. A mystcraft age can always be made if its added and new world gen is needed.

Railcraft - Well recently railcraft has added (as I'm sure most of you know) a bunch of world gen such as abysmal geodes, which spawn under the ocean and have a larger chance of valuables inside them, I think it's made if a special kind of stone, not that underground biomes doesn't add enough of that.

Hats - Yeah, pretty Gimicky, shouldn't be too hard to add it in if some servers/people really wanted it.
Portal gun is a actually quite a functional mod, and things form it can be used in quite a lot of builds, so this one would be nice, and me saying permission can be hard is based off fragmented memories from some scattered posts around these parts...

And yes, it's pretty obvious that RR is one of the biggest community's, seems like half the forum has currently playing on: Resonant Rise , as their signature, and I have seen a lot of bug reports and the like stemming from this extensive testing.

And yes, Indi realise that buildcraft and forestry are open permission, as dengue posted a very detailed post about the exact legal status of both mods in the thread that was set up for people who wanted to go "if your using ftb, you can distribute my mod". My mention of it was more to do with the way the Thaumcraft bees permission is, where can you give TB and download TC separate.

Also, not fully sure about TE, but Lemming seems like a really nice guy (I think he has an epic sounding voice also) whom permission would be easily given. From the favourite modders thread, he was on top, power crystle seemed second or so and then after that it was machinemuse, then degraded into "which mods do you like best".

And I haven't reached so far in your series, but are there any good tutorials on the more advanced parts of UE? Such as the way to maximise power output in atomic science, and so forth? Will you eventually be covering this? The wiki for ICBM is good,'but apart form that, never updated.
The one thing about IC is that there are MANY guides and help threads available for it, yet non-few for UE.

And will complex machines be in the pack? It seemed to have some sort if a replacement for frames or so I heard...

sanaras666

Jul 29, 2019
forgecraft is honestly a joke with all the suposed tester the kinks should be worked out alot faster then they actually are i kinda wish forgecrat wasnt on youtube

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of it is most likely balence kinks, which can take a lot longer to fix due to the undefinable, unique nature of balance.
For example, the chiseled stone brick > raw Essenes to make regular stone brick to transmute to chiseled via EE etc.
Also afaik ender pearls make enough Essenes that if you ten that back into 4 iron, you have Essenes left over, quite a lot apparently.

Fixing things like that without making them OP in the context of vanilla (how afaik all
Independent mods need to balence themselves) can take a lot more than programming.

And programming the mods takes a lot of time.
And due to Direwolf being like a week backloged, the new things are usually out bye the time a video is released :p
Well, then you have RP2, which forge raft had 4 MONTHS before anyone else. And it's till pretty buggy, even within itself, such as windmills on frame sleeves a ghost imprint of the windmill, and basically doesn't work right.
And then there's the issue with inv tweaks, which in suprised no-one on forge craft disco felted and solved.

Forge craft is also a great place for the misdeed to be together and to motivate each other to make new and exciting stuff. And anything that's completely broken, like the xycraft textures were, can be found and hopefully fixed before release.

So basically, all these test servers exist for a reason, and generally very good ones at that.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Also, not fully sure about TE, but Lemming seems like a really nice guy (I think he has an epic sounding voice also) whom permission would be easily given. From the favourite modders thread, he was on top, power crystle seemed second or so and then after that it was machinemuse, then degraded into "which mods do you like best".

I'm fairly confident I can net KL's permission.

And I haven't reached so far in your series, but are there any good tutorials on the more advanced parts of UE? Such as the way to maximise power output in atomic science, and so forth?

I am deliberately avoiding building a nuclear reactor until we can bump UE. There is a bug that makes it give like 1/10th the power output it should. In the interim next weeks' episodes SHOULD involve "Fire and Water" for BC and UE energy, I'm going to set up an energy farm for BC and UE energy (separate because REC's have such epic capacity and output that I want them).

And will complex machines be in the pack? It seemed to have some sort if a replacement for frames or so I heard...

I've been considering it, yes. I like to let these mods cook for a bit. Galacticraft is also on the way in. I love adventure mods.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
I want to tell him about it but I can't get a confirmation email from Calclavia's damn forums.
I had the same issue. Reported that to Calclavia at MC forums and now it's fixed. Try to resend a email, and it should work now. It seems like many people had that issue but no one reported that. So that's the reason why there are at least 2000 people on Calclavia forums who haven't written a single message...

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fairly confident I can net KL's permission.
I am deliberately avoiding building a nuclear reactor until we can bump UE. There is a bug that makes it give like 1/10th the power output it should. In the interim next weeks' episodes SHOULD involve "Fire and Water" for BC and UE energy, I'm going to set up an energy farm for BC and UE energy (separate because REC's have such epic capacity and output that I want them).
I've been considering it, yes. I like to let these mods cook for a bit. Galacticraft is also on the way in. I love adventure mods.
So, that means that for now UE is staying there? Yay!

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
By the way! Resonant rise has a custom cape now. :)

Screen%20Shot%202013-05-15%20at%208.47.50%20PM.png

Not bad, eh?

Reactions: Anubis

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
So how long do you think 1.5.2 will take? should i continue dowloading the 1.5.1 ones or wait?

RavenTwospirit

Jul 29, 2019
After much downloading last night, I got an RR-based MultiMC instance up and running. I used newer versions of some of the mods, since it was often easier to find the URL for the latest rather than the version listed in KirinDave's mod list. A few notes my testing:

Railcraft 1.5.1-7.1.0.0 seems to be working with KirinDave's configs, once I fixed one additional ID conflict that version introduced. (I had to change the slab from 4095 to 473.)

ExtraBees 1.6-pre7, the latest from their web site, does *not* work. I had to track down the adfly link to version 1.6-pre6 from Binnie's Twitter stream to get the version that does work.

GravitySuite version 1_9_2 also did not work. Version 1_9_1 installed fine.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, so can you list all the mods of which you used a different version? I wasn't able to start it even by disabling some of the mods...