My Resonant Rise Let's Play (Resonant Rise Modpack)

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Also, there's MPS 444 and MPSA however, after MineFactory Reloaded, there's a second entry for Modular powersuits, and it appears to be a later version judging from the number?
Which one is correct?

I'm quite sure I saw hatchet as the tooltip in an episode, which was changed from axe AFTER 1.3.2.15 I believe?
Was I imagining this, or has there been a mistake...? (Probably on my end)

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Usually you can up versions if you found the old one and it won't work. The only really bad known issues with upgrading are with MFR.

We're looking down the barrel of the 1.5.2 jump and that's why things are a bit old. This build works pretty well, so I decided to push the data.
That's nice since I can't find a proper GT version, too...

Also, Dave, what about permissions? Did you start to collect them?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
That's nice since I can't find a proper GT version, too...

Also, Dave, what about permissions? Did you start to collect them?

This is the hardest part and so moves the slowest. We have some clear go-aheads from some folks.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
This is the hardest part and so moves the slowest. We have some clear go-aheads from some folks.
And no go-aways? That sounds promising. :3

But Ars Magicka's modpack policy looks a bit... sad. Except for that they say that they grant permissions to DW20 pack and one more modpack Don't you know what do they mean? :3

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
And no go-aways? That sounds promising. :3

But Ars Magicka's modpack policy looks a bit... sad. Except for that they say that they grant permissions to DW20 pack and one more modpack Don't you know what do they mean? :3

I am going to approach him directly as soon as I can. My plan is to offer to donate money to child's play in exchange for permission, with half the contribution coming from me and half from him.

Reactions: Pokefenn

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
In guessing its some version of magic World 2 or something?
And any reply to my MPS qs? As to it being there twice...

And yup, that's a pretty crappy modpack policy, but doesn't Thaumcraft have something also very restricting?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
In guessing its some version of magic World 2 or something?
And any reply to my MPS qs? As to it being there twice...

And yup, that's a pretty crappy modpack policy, but doesn't Thaumcraft have something also very restricting?

Use the younger of the two. Sorry for the error.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't start for me... Maybe because of some different versions (Binnie's mod, for example. And it says something about it in log), but I'm tired. I'll watch your video and go sleep...

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
I mean Extra bees... I have the version that's higher than you put in modpack since I didn't find the correct one.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I mean Extra bees... I have the version that's higher than you put in modpack since I didn't find the correct one.

You may have to upgrade forestry to get that to work. Like I said we're a bit stalled in pushing forwards in hopes that Ars will let us just jump to 1.5.2

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
I have the latest stable Forestry, too.

And by the way, did you say in the video that unfortunately you may take out UE? Or am I misunderstood something again?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I have the latest stable Forestry, too.

And by the way, did you say in the video that unfortunately you may take out UE? Or am I misunderstood something again?

We're investigating. I don't want to but this Mekanism->IC2 power thing is really stupid. It'll become a horse race between UE and Gregtech and that's a TOUGH call, you know?

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
But you just wanted to disable Mekanism->IC conversion, didn't you? Or there are some bugs with Mekanism configs?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
But you just wanted to disable Mekanism->IC conversion, didn't you? Or there are some bugs with Mekanism configs?

If you set the Ic2 constants to 0 then all ic2 batteries everywhere immediately drain to 0. It's pretty rad.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
*sigh*
That's bad. And UE is one of the major reasons why I want this modpack... Is there any workaround? Does Mekanism author say something about it?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
*sigh*
That's bad. And UE is one of the major reasons why I want this modpack... Is there any workaround? Does Mekanism author say something about it?

I want to tell him about it but I can't get a confirmation email from Calclavia's damn forums.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Someone else from here (PonyKuu actually I think) also couldn't get a confirmation email from Calclavias forum, which suggests to me that contacting him isn't going to be easy.
However, isn't it AidenBradly or someone that does Mechanism?
And didn't Mechanism have some IC2 integration which meant there is actually a Mechanism IC2 forum page?

Universal Electricty is an amazing concept, with many really cool mods, none of which I have ever tried (ones like powersuits and mffs don't count). In fact, it's these UE mods that are part of what's attracting me here.
However if UEnintergration becomes impossible, then Ill still most likely use this pack - due to it being what seems like the best available "pack" for 1.5.1

Also, when you at get permission, to what extent do you mean?
You will be able to publicly distribute all the mods and associated files?
You can hand out all the mods you have permission and tell people what version of Ars magica etc to get and add it manually?
You will show us the list and give us the configs?
Will it be like a "private" pack available via entering a code in TE launcher etc?
What do you foresee this pack as being?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Also, when you at get permission, to what extent do you mean?
You will be able to publicly distribute all the mods and associated files?

If we can get to the point where that is possible, I'd prefer it.

You can hand out all the mods you have permission and tell people what version of Ars magica etc to get and add it manually?

But this is a fallback mode.

Will it be like a "private" pack available via entering a code in TE launcher etc?

There already is.