My Resonant Rise Let's Play (Resonant Rise Modpack)

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I was wrong about MCForums... Claclavia at least checks it.
I find it pretty nice too. Those turbines, reactors, hazmat suit and particle accelerator rings are badass... I'll ask at MCForums

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, maybe, I'm worrying too much.
http://universalelectricity.com/atomic-science/changelog

It says that the mod have been updated less than a week ago... And there are coming update. Meh.

Edit: And Calclavia said on his forums that he is busy working on MFFS, so, there's nothing to worry about.
You do have your points, and I agree I haven't been giving AS much attention due to the fact that I've received a new mod a month ago called MFFS and have been working really hard on it. Modding is my hobby and as much as I want to work on AS, there are more demands for MFFS to be completed than AS. As I am only one person and cannot split in two, it's difficult to handle 3 mods and one API as well as managing 2 mod packs from two different launchers.

But as always, I am already trying my best. :)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, maybe, I'm worrying too much.
http://universalelectricity.com/atomic-science/changelog

It says that the mod have been updated less than a week ago... And there are coming update. Meh.

Edit: And Calclavia said on his forums that he is busy working on MFFS, so, there's nothing to worry about.

I sort of figured that was the case. MFFS3 is actually a significant improvement of MFFS. I'm rather excited about it. The existing MFFS wasn't bad, and I'm sad Cal decided to close its source. But MFFS2's mechanics were somewhat... boring. Compared to the new liquid force stuff, anyways.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
He decided to close the source? But AFAIR UE and other Cal's mods are open-source, aren't they?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
He decided to close the source? But AFAIR UE and other Cal's mods are open-source, aren't they?

Yeah I think he did it while he's rewriting it, but a lot of people are mad. Searge has started maintaining an open source fork of MFFS2 in protest.

I think Cal doesn't get along well with the rest of the Forge modding community. Or they don't get along well with him... either way, I suspect it will blow over.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I think he did it while he's rewriting it, but a lot of people are mad. Searge has started maintaining an open source fork of MFFS2 in protest.

I think Cal doesn't get along well with the rest of the Forge modding community. Or they don't get along well with him... either way, I suspect it will blow over.
I hope so... His mods are nice, and I really hope they will be more popular and integrated with the rest of community. UE might be an awesome "glue" to make mods work together.

DakkonB

Jul 29, 2019
The last thing I read was that Calclavia left his rewrite of MFFS3 as Open Source:
http://calclavia.com/content/mffs-confusion

Personally I have no idea why he would want to still call his version MFFS v3 but yet
I rewrote MFFS from the ground up, not having any correlation to the original code or the artwork/textures
. If you're going to totally rewrite something from the ground up and not have any correlation to the original code, why would you insist on keeping the same name? Just so you can say your version isn't a derivative? Strange.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
The last thing I read was that Calclavia left his rewrite of MFFS3 as Open Source:
http://calclavia.com/content/mffs-confusion

Personally I have no idea why he would want to still call his version MFFS v3 but yet . If you're going to totally rewrite something from the ground up and not have any correlation to the original code, why would you insist on keeping the same name? Just so you can say your version isn't a derivative? Strange.
Yea I agree, is strange...

DakkonB

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any updates to your mod list as posted on page 2?
What about updated config changes? Is the link on page 2 still the most up to date?

Edit: Also, I'm enjoying the series so far. I started watching your series, then got sidetracked watching WayOfTime and his series... no offense to WayOfTime, maybe it's my OCD kicking in or something, but I got so frustrated watching his series because his inventory was constantly full as he tried to run around and build this and that. He'd zip off into the nether with a full inventory of valuable items etc and it drove me crazy. KirinDave seems play a bit closer to how I play.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any updates to your mod list as posted on page 2?
What about updated config changes? Is the link on page 2 still the most up to date?

Same question here. Also, you said that you want to post a modlist and config folder so, while you don't have permissions, people can build the modpack by themselves. Am I missing something, or you didn't made it yet?

darkblaster123

Jul 29, 2019
This is a pretty cool pack you have there!!
Some of my favorite mods are in it(ars magica, factorization)

I would like to play it.

khofmann

Jul 29, 2019
I am really looking forward to this pack. From the LP's and the mod list, this could be my favorite pack. Its a perfect mix of magic and industry.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, do you experience any issues with EE transformers? I'm testing it in the most recent Volts version and they often don't conduct power. Actually, issue seems not to occur when you build power line from the consumer to producer (so, the last wire placed is the one that is next to producer), but it... kinda bugs me. Does it work for you?

EDIT: I can't even post a message on Calclavia's forum cause I don't receive the confirmation email... What a shame...

They also report some bugs with Mekanism and standard UE cables that causes machines to run without power. Mekanism author claims that that's UE's issue. Has it being fixed in your versions?