My Resonant Rise Let's Play (Resonant Rise Modpack)

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Okay folks. So my next episode I want to get my power sorted out and start a farm. Any votes on what sort of power I should use?

Should I:
  1. Set up power generation via a charcoal generator powered by Ars Magica.
  2. Set up power via Mekanism, using their (very different) thermal generators.
  3. Set up power via Mekanism using Mekanism's solar.
What I want is more MJ in my workshop, so any of these would work. Using Mekanism has the upshot that I can start to use Modular Powersuits much earlier.

Your input is appreciated.
Argh, I need to catch up on watching the videos, but I'd love to see Ars Magica generation.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Okay folks. So my next episode I want to get my power sorted out and start a farm. Any votes on what sort of power I should use?

Should I:
  1. Set up power generation via a charcoal generator powered by Ars Magica.
  2. Set up power via Mekanism, using their (very different) thermal generators.
  3. Set up power via Mekanism using Mekanism's solar.
What I want is more MJ in my workshop, so any of these would work. Using Mekanism has the upshot that I can start to use Modular Powersuits much earlier.

Your input is appreciated.
How do you power a charcoal generator using Ars magica?
I would like to see that!

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Finally got on the server.. never used the likes of multimc before :p and finding out where to put optifine was tricky :p but alas it works now :D

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Finally got on the server.. never used the likes of multimc before :p and finding out where to put optifine was tricky :p but alas it works now :D

Nice. Sorry, that the server has had some stability issues. There is a memory leak somewhere that just hammers the server. We think it's Biomes O Plenty but the upgrade process is rough.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Nice. Sorry, that the server has had some stability issues. There is a memory leak somewhere that just hammers the server. We think it's Biomes O Plenty but the upgrade process is rough.
it's k, right now I'm having to connect with my laptop, I can't get my new desktop connected to our internet yet, no idea how to get this router working :/
Quick question; I started a single player world with the modpack and was happily wandering around at 25-30fps until I came across an Ars Magica structure, as soon as I got to it I tanked to 2fps and wouldn't get higher... it happened at the same time that this happened in the logs:
2013-05-02 16:04:20 [WARNING] [Minecraft-Server] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Any idea what that could mean? :S

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Annnnd, Episode 7.

As promised, I did episode 7 using a novel power room setup. I ended up with the Mekanism thing for time, but we'll still do the Ars charcoal generator soon!

Preview: I recorded episode 8 in the same session with workshop improvements and using MFR rednet to make a classic piston door. Expect to see it soon!

ryter78

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, any progress on the modpack? Like, is it ever going to become a FTB Private pack?

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I now understand that this is the place to post:
What are you using to keep your world for the BoP update? Are you following the instructions on the Forum Page, or have you figured out something better and more efficient to fix it?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I now understand that this is the place to post:
What are you using to keep your world for the BoP update? Are you following the instructions on the Forum Page, or have you figured out something better and more efficient to fix it?

The way they want to fix it is also broken. DoctorOr and I are working on a fix. it's doubly hard for me because mIDas Gold doesn't work on macs.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I thought it might be broken, as you had said that it was taking a while to fix. MC Edit might help, as you can simply move the buildings out of the chunk you want to regenerate, regenerate it, and drag the building back in, deleting anything in the way. What is the nature of the world breaking? Does it try to regenerate the terrain? Or is it WID Mismatches?

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, you have a thread here ^_^
Much more convenient than Youtube commentaries. I'll repost my question here if you don't mind:

Is there any good tutorials on UE mods? DW20 did some, but they are pretty basic, and I didn't find any decent tutorials on Atomic science, too. Their Wiki is not very informative. I know how to use, for example, fission reactor, but nothing about optimal setups (3x3 turbine that shown in all the tutorials is far from optimal)...

Also, sad to see that you removed DimDoors... I like this mod. Steven made some sort of "server-friendly update" Didn't that help?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any good tutorials on UE mods? DW20 did some, but they are pretty basic, and I didn't find any decent tutorials on Atomic science, too. Their Wiki is not very informative. I know how to use, for example, fission reactor, but nothing about optimal setups (3x3 turbine that shown in all the tutorials is far from optimal)...

No. I've been talking in IRC on esper.net to get some data on this.

Also, sad to see that you removed DimDoors... I like this mod. Steven made some sort of "server-friendly update" Didn't that help?

It was a fight between metallurgy3 vs Dimensional Doors. We had a big conversation and decided to pull metallurgy3. It's a tough call, but it seems like the M guys are much more into working on Atum than cutting a real release of Metallurgy. Removing metallurgy also greatly decreased a memory leak we've been having on the server.

DimDoors is back in, though! :D

Watch my stream and Way of Time's stream for more UE energy generation stuff. I'm going to probably be doing biofuel power and Way is going for a hydrogen reactor.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
No. I've been talking in IRC on esper.net to get some data on this.
Ah, OK. So, I'll watch your LP's ^_^
It was a fight between metallurgy3 vs Dimensional Doors. We had a big conversation and decided to pull metallurgy3. It's a tough call, but it seems like the M guys are much more into working on Atum than cutting a real release of Metallurgy. Removing metallurgy also greatly decreased a memory leak we've been having on the server.

DimDoors is back in, though! :D
Yay! Doors are awesome. Glad to see that you returned them!
Watch my stream and Way of Time's stream for more UE energy generation stuff. I'm going to probably be doing biofuel power and Way is going for a hydrogen reactor.

Actually the energy-positive "electrolyze water -> burn hydrogen" loop bugs me... It just can't be positive...

And I heard that Mekanism has INSANELY overpowered conversion ratios for EU and MJ. Did you fix it somehow?

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
A wild thread has appeared!

I'm going to be releasing a few episodes in quick succession to finally get back to around the same point on the server. I think I may be a little too slow for my own good!

Reactions: KirinDave