Music to Mine By

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Okay, I'm just not a big fan of the music which Minecraft offers. So I make a playlist to listen to (quietly enough that I can hear the Ssssssssss). Then I figured I wasn't the only person to do so.

Personally, I have a very... eclectic music selection. Then again, I have a very filky mind. And by that I mean I tend to make parodies of everything I hear.

For example, the old 'Dig a Dunnah' from Lion King 1 1/2... I keep hearing as the tag-line 'quick before da creepah come...'. We mine, so we can craft, so we can mine, so we can craft!

Other than that, I tend to pick something suitable for the occasion. For example, 'in the hall of the mountain king' (particularly the Apocalyptica cover) tends to feature prominently.

So... what do you listen to when you Mine(craft)?

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly (and I can't believe I'm admitting to this) when I play I have a Harry Potter movie going on in the background 98% of the time. I don't know why, it soothes me.

Reactions: Danwatson

13rett

Jul 29, 2019
I have a song list that has all my music and I randomize it when playing. One minute I'll hear "The Universe is Weird" the next it'll be "Alchemy Mondays" then "16 ton". the best moment was when I was mining then 16 ton came on as i found a double score of diamonds near a dungeon. 14 diamonds plus the loot in the chest.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
For me it's not so much music as minecraft youtube videos. I don't know why they don't give me the option to just hear audio and not see video, would save a lot of bandwidth I guess. If I'm listening to Keralis, I tend to be doing more building than anything, direwolf20 usually I find myself building stuff at my project tables, the really bad youtubers - I find myself mining, doing repetitive tasks and just generally playing the game without any real gold rhyme or reason. Oooh, there's a creeper - Boom!

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
For me it's not so much music as minecraft youtube videos. I don't know why they don't give me the option to just hear audio and not see video, would save a lot of bandwidth I guess. If I'm listening to Keralis, I tend to be doing more building than anything, direwolf20 usually I find myself building stuff at my project tables, the really bad youtubers - I find myself mining, doing repetitive tasks and just generally playing the game without any real gold rhyme or reason. Oooh, there's a creeper - Boom!
I can't "Watch" and play at the same time. Good lord, that would drive me nuts.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
I don't watch and play, I just play and listen. :) Now I do have two screens but I don't have a lazy eye to make good use of both at same time. :)

That's why I quoted watch. I'd be alt tabbing every few minutes just to see what they are doing, and then while I was AFK I'd be creepered and my stuff'd despawn.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Pandora on shuffle with the following bands/songs:
Zero 7
Young the giant
I knew you were trouble(Fuck you I love this song)
Mumford & Sons
Muse
Walk off the Earth
Celtic Woman
Kryptonite(Three Doors Down song)
Epica
Every Time we Touch(Cascada)
System of a Down
Skillet
Two Steps from Hell
Pretty Fly (The Offspring)
I could get used to this(Everlife)
Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
Italo Brothers
I will follow you into the dark(Death cab)
Alive with the glory of love(Say Anything)
The Future Freaks Me Out(Motion city)
Skyscraper(Demi Lovato)
Stereo Love(Edward Maya)
Three days grace
The Pretender(Foo Fighters)
Israel kamakawiwo'ole
There are some more that I switch on/off depending on my mood. All generally relaxing music for me.

If not that then a livestream or youtube minecraft video

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
The stuff that I usually listen to.. heavy metal, rock'n'roll, tool, tim minchin, orchestra, electro-pop(Bjork, Röyksopp), indie, whatever suits my fancy at the moment.

Oh then there's that one song.

It really goes well together with mining.

You might know the song.

You might know it and if you do then you might know it all toooooo well.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Oh man I forgot all about tim minchin. I gotta add him back. His music always makes me smile.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
You sir, win teh internets.
Haha, thank you, Tim is great :D. To be perfectly honest, lately I usually listen to either Black Sabbath, Dio, Iron Maiden, Sammy Hagar orrrr.... Tim.

"...Your 6 year old miniature Jabba the Hut, eating half melted mars bars from the folds of his gut..."

Reactions: Djharts

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
Hit play, and envision this:
0:00 - Your pick at hand, you approach the entrance of a dark cave. its cavernous depths stretch beyond the range of the feeble sunlight that reaches meekly into the impenetrable darkness. Your eyes survey the entryway as a bat lazily flaps by.

0:29 - You begin your descent, the light of your torches scratching the merest surface of the inky blackness that surrounds you. the quiet flow of a river is interrupted by the lonely splashing of your boots echoing off the cavern walls.

1:25 - You round the next bend slowly, and as your squinted eyes slowly adjust to the dimness of the cavern...
OH FUCK ALL OF THE SKELETONS