More 1.7.10 Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
the funny thing is that in some countries when you buy a new house the only ETA is x months after the government gives all the permits or a certain amount of lots are sold.

maybe they should have an ETA page that is fixed to "exactly 1 month" from now and you can see the estimate going up second by second. A continuously updating eta, what more could people ask for.

I extend the time allocated for every ETA I give by one day whenever someone asks for an ETA on a project I'm working on or complains that it's taking too long. Currently, this sets the ETA for 1.7 packs to the end of September, in 2018...

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
If I was to start up a server using an alpha pack, then wanted to upgrade the server to the beta version, are the chances that I will have a lot of issues, or only a few here and there (or none). Thanks in advance.

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
If I was to start up a server using an alpha pack, then wanted to upgrade the server to the beta version, are the chances that I will have a lot of issues, or only a few here and there (or none). Thanks in advance.

It all depends on too many factors. Addition or removal of mods, updates too added mods, how keyed in the pack author makes the alpha. And then there are things on your server side. So it would be safe to say that if you are gonna start a long term server wait for stable. Or jump in right away and share any problems so that they can (((((((( EVENTUALLY)))))))))) get solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I extend the time allocated for every ETA I give by one day whenever someone asks for an ETA on a project I'm working on or complains that it's taking too long. Currently, this sets the ETA for 1.7 packs to the end of September, in 2018...

I wonder if Eyamaz has a contingency plan if some lunatic shows up? :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019

This is directed to everyone who has complained:

smash-computer-mad-at-the-internet-buffering-loading-video.gif

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
For all those asking for an ETA, 1.7.10 mods are getting there (more stable), however FTB have pretty damn high standards when it comes to crashes and world exploding bugs. After all its what's making you wait right now for FTB mod packs.

If it's broken (like a lot of mods still are) then FTB will delay and not release until said mod bugs are fixed. Up to 1.7.10 that has been a pretty smooth concept of break and fix, with the vanilla issues with 1.7.10 there's a whole new complexity to mod packs.

So here's your ETA .... soon but not next week.

Reactions: VikeStep

AndersWithTheCat

Jan 23, 2013
Denmark
For all those asking for an ETA, 1.7.10 mods are getting there (more stable), however FTB have pretty damn high standards when it comes to crashes and world exploding bugs. After all its what's making you wait right now for FTB mod packs.

If it's broken (like a lot of mods still are) then FTB will delay and not release until said mod bugs are fixed. Up to 1.7.10 that has been a pretty smooth concept of break and fix, with the vanilla issues with 1.7.10 there's a whole new complexity to mod packs.

but hopfully with in 2-3weeks:D would be nice,

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019

Incorrect, 'soon but not next week' means that there are infinity minus one week possible weeks that the modpacks could be released, and infinity minus any real number is equal to infinity.
Note that this statement assumes that the future of the world is infinite.
However with rumor suggesting that Microsoft may purchase Mojang for $2billion and a lot of people suggesting that the world will end when it happens, this means that the world will not be infinite.
Instead the world's future will be finite, however the finite quantity of time remains unknown, even though it's known to be finite, although an unknown finite quantity is unknown because there are infinite finite quantities since time is continuous.
So what's the point I'm trying to make here?
I'm bored.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Incorrect, 'soon but not next week' means that there are infinity minus one week possible weeks that the modpacks could be released, and infinity minus any real number is equal to infinity.
However with rumor suggesting that Microsoft may purchase Mojang for $2billion and a lot of people suggesting that the world will end when it happens, this means that the world will not be infinite.
Instead the world's future will be finite, however the finite quantity of time remains unknown, even though it's known to be finite, although an unknown finite quantity is unknown because there are infinite finite quantities since time is continuous.
I'm bored.

Sounds like "when it's ready it'll be released" to me! :D I really don't care if they announce an ETA because the minute they settle on one, it'll be superseded by another ETA that is designed to fix yet more bugs they wanted to fix before releasing the packs on users. When they do finally release the packs, they'll find about a million bug reports for mod bugs they could never even guess at happening, let alone test for and find themselves! ;)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Reactions: TheMechEngineer

atomicgermx69

Jul 29, 2019
I'm bored.

lol......I only got to correct you on one thing it a cold hard fact Microsoft offered to buy Mojang that is not a rumor ....;)......... other wise you would have heard from Mojang at this point with a denial ....now will it happen or not that's all rumor:p:p

and am bored too ....... here the song for all you ETA 'er out there :D

Reactions: TheMechEngineer

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
lol......I only got to correct you on one thing it a cold hard fact Microsoft offered to buy Mojang that is not a rumor ....;)......... other wise you would have heard from Mojang at this point with a denial ....now will it happen or not that's all rumor:p:p

and am bored too ....... here the song for all you ETA 'er out there :D

That is true, we haven't heard anything when they're normally vocal about stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.