Unsupported Monster 1.6.4 Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackAce21

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster V 1.0.2
Mod & Version: Not sure which mod is doing it (read below)
Pastebin link to crash log: Not a crashing bug
Whats the bug? not technically a bug but someone overlooked this. You can basicly pulverize blaze rods in the thermal expansion pulverizer and get 5 dust then craft 2 blaze rods out of it and pulverize into 10 more dust and so on and so fourth. Either pulverizers need to be reduced from 5 to 2 powder (which makes no sense really cause then it gives 0 benefit) or simply remove the recipe where you can combine 2 powder into 1 rod.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: possibly disabling the recipe in a config somewhere but without knowing which mod is adding the recipe its hard to know which one.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the bug? not technically a bug but someone overlooked this. You can basicly pulverize blaze rods in the thermal expansion pulverizer and get 5 dust then craft 2 blaze rods out of it and pulverize into 10 more dust and so on and so fourth. Either pulverizers need to be reduced from 5 to 2 powder (which makes no sense really cause then it gives 0 benefit) or simply remove the recipe where you can combine 2 powder into 1 rod.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: possibly disabling the recipe in a config somewhere but without knowing which mod is adding the recipe its hard to know which one.

I remember reading this on a mods changelog recently. I wish I could remember which one. Either way it was a recent change....

Found it, Magical Crops is what adds the recipe. It currently has no config option to turn it off. It's also a documented change with Horizons v 1.0.8.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Can it be repeated? Yes

Blaze rod pulverizer in Monster is turned off for this reason.

AforAnonymous

Jul 29, 2019
More information on the Thaumcraft TPS issue, and also how Thaumcraft+ATG is even worse: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/is-it-just-me.35610/#post-490849

1. Brainy Zombie spamcalls ATG chunk management functions. Sounds like it's doing something similar to what TTFTCUTS (ATG Author) describes here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...errain-generation/page__st__880#entry27381148
2. thaumcraft.common.blocks.BlockMagicalLeaves is doing a completely ridiculous amount to the block update function and asking it whether it's currently day or night. This seems to already eat a large amount of performance with just 2 greatwood trees... If you're in a magical forest, though luck

Still no idea on the Magriculture+ATG issue.

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Could those of you, with the problems with Mariculture + ATG, change the following settings in the mariculture config folder in the worldgen.cfg file to false, and let me know if that in anyway helps? (It may not, just a wild guess, since this stuff messes with the default world generator, and it seemed to help me in testing (never know in the real world))

"Deep Oceans"
"Remove Mineshafts in Oceans"
"Water Filled Ravines in Oceans"

Last edited:

Narwhal

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster v 1.0.2
Mod & Version:
Pastebin link to crash log: n/a
Whats the bug? I was playing in my sing player world and then the game and FTB console close. I go back into game but i cant play my world (doesnt show up in the list of worlds) the world is still in the saves folder though.
Can it be repeated?
Known Fix: n/a

Artheos

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster
Mod & Version: Tinker's Construct 1.5.2.2
Pastebin link to crash log: None
Whats the bug? Cannot create non-metal mattocks. I believe this configuration was taken from MagicFarm
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix:
Code:
  B:"Deny creation of non-metal mattocks"=false

I would also add that steel must be considered non-metal, as I had to make the above change in order to create a mattock with a steel shovel and axe head.

ColdFusionH3

Jul 29, 2019
Could those of you, with the problems with Mariculture + ATG, change the following settings in the mariculture config folder in the worldgen.cfg file to false, and let me know if that in anyway helps? (It may not, just a wild guess, since this stuff messes with the default world generator, and it seemed to help me in testing (never know in the real world))

"Deep Oceans"

This looks like it *might* have fixed it for me (in a freshly generated world), not getting the 'server can't keep up' errors in the console anymore and not seeing any lag spikes. Currently running Mariculture v1.1.4e, having tried a few versions in trying to fix this before your suggestion.

One thing I don't understand though is it also *seems* to fix my old world that was having lag spikes. When I reset the config to default, the newly created lag-free world also suffers from lag... I thought this would have only affected newly generated worlds, since these are worldgen config settings? o_O

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it is peculiar that those would cause runtime lag, since they should only really be being called on worldgeneration.

Narwhal

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster v 1.0.2
Mod & Version:
Pastebin link to crash log: n/a
Whats the bug? I was playing in my sing player world and then the game and FTB console close. I go back into game but i cant play my world (doesnt show up in the list of worlds) the world is still in the saves folder though.
Can it be repeated?
Known Fix: n/a
anyone help :(

AforAnonymous

Jul 29, 2019

"Deep Oceans"
Confirmed as well, disabled it in an old world, problem seems to be gone, but I'm still waiting for feedback from other players. However, it seems I can now find very few - if any - Oceans if I fly around generating new chunks, so that seems un-ideal...

Edit: Strike that, just found one. But it is, as expected, quite a bit flatter than with these options set to true...

Also, on the Thaumcraft TPS problem, it was partially already addressed here: https://github.com/Azanor/thaumcraft/issues/394

But it seems that Azanor has not yet implemented the change he mentioned - I didn't see anything in the commit history at least.

nambrosch

Jul 29, 2019
i've been running a 1.01 monster beta server to benchmark and test since by far it's the heaviest pack yet. so far i've had fairly good luck but it's also running on a 3.3ghz xeon :)

anyway, i restarted the server today and it no longer starts cleanly. i'm starting it with the following:

Code:
java \
-server \
-Xms8G \
-Xmx8G \
-XX:PermSize=256m \
-XX:+AggressiveOpts \
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC \
-XX:+DisableExplicitGC \
-XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing \
-XX:ParallelGCThreads=8 \
-XX:+UseParNewGC \
-jar FTBServer-1.6.4-953.jar \
nogui &

aaaaand here's the output of the server startup (see the very bottom):

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=JAMBgcXE

the exception happens over and over again and the server is not connectable. the only modification i have done to the pack (including config) is adding dynmap. note this does *not* happen on a fresh world.

any ideas?

h0gtitties

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster
Mod & Version: 1.0.1
Pastebin link to crash log: No Crash
Whats the bug? Cannot place recipe in schematic area of cyclic assembler. In recipe mode, items fall to the ground. In cheat mode they are deleted.
Can it be repeated? Yes, on Ubuntu, Mac, and Windows
Known Fix: NA

Last edited:

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster 1.0.2
Mod- OpenBlocks
Pastebin link to crash log: NA
Whats the bug? After naming your luggage and picking it back up with Shift click, it resets the name to default.
Can it be repeated? yes -
Known Fix: none

dieselfuelonly

Jul 29, 2019
Monster 1.0.1
Applied Energistics + Magical Crops
AE recipes are unable to use Certus Quartz that is produced through Magical Crops, and some Certus Quartz that is mined (blocks) appears as Magical Crops Certuz Quartz in inventory.

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster 1.0.2
Mod- TE
Pastebin link to crash log: http://paste.md-5.net/midaqapupi.dos
Whats the bug? I placed a tesseract on a quarry attached two energy conduits from the tesseract to the quarry, then broke the tesseract and the quarry was still getting power(yes, it wasn't the buffer, it was staying full for several minutes) then when I broke one of the conduits it crashed with this crash-report.
Can it be repeated? No.
Known Fix: none

Status
Not open for further replies.