Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

moff3tt

Jul 29, 2019
Use the "automatic" (gregtech) versions of each machine. They use the same recipe as the old IC2 machines. I guess he didn't like how they didn't blow up in the rain :p

Thanks! I didn't realize those were the replacements. I guess I should build a roof now too! I thought those were like higher tier I would upgrade to, but I guess not.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
I have two questions about this pack (both of which are silly and don't deserve a thread of their own).

Are butterflies in this release of forestry? Or are they just very rare?

And - I know TE had a config option to turn off creeper explosions - but i can't find it. Was it removed? (yes, I'm a cheater)

As for your creeper question...

There's a setting in CodeChickenCore.cfg, called environmentallyFriendlyCreepers. Set to true to disable them blowing up the landscape but still be able to hurt players.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
do you have a link for it/or information why it was deemed 'overpowered'? Do you have any more information regarding it -> the update to be more balanced?
Thanks Dan

Don't know. No one ever gave specifics. Though some have suggested that it was do to one trollish power. I Don't think that's it. To easy to fix.
I'd guess that it's an exploit involving the custom spell system. One or more combinations creating uber powers.[DOUBLEPOST=1372456116][/DOUBLEPOST]
As for your creeper question...

There's a setting in CodeChickenCore.cfg, called environmentallyFriendlyCreepers. Set to true to disable them blowing up the landscape but still be able to hurt players.

Also vanilla command /gamerule mobGriefing false.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Update: I suspect this head cold is turning into sinusitis :( I'm going to continue to plod through the release, but I'm operating slower than I'd prefer.

News soon though, am on the final stretch now it seems.

DanBeatYou_xD

Jul 29, 2019
get a lemsip or a hotchoc and some shuteye :) Its your health that ALLWAYS COMES 1ST plus we'd rather wait for something awesome and working then rushed and buggy due to people impatience and/or staff ill :(

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Well. With the change to recyclers, they are now useless. :(
Not completely just almost useless. You could always grind the cobble into sand. :( Not that that's all that helpful.
The amount of power required to get a Fab set up is already stupid. He's going to Nerf his mod into oblivion.

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
The matter fab was already kinda made useless once PC introduced his laser drill.
I just found out that you have to use almost a stack+ of iron just to even get started in GT/IC2.... I think our small server will be ngt if he doesn't back off a little. They already don't like me for using GT in the 1.4.7 pack.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
The matter fab was already kinda made useless once PC introduced his laser drill.

Not quite. The laser drill won't make much Iridium which is needed for advanced Soler panels.
Pist don't tell anyone that compact solars was included in the GT pack.

Shadowise

Jul 29, 2019
None of the items for MPS seem to have a name, and the same goes for when viewing them inside the Tinker Table. Also, the text inside the Tinker Table looks really bad. Anyone else having these issues?

Willsy

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah i had problems with everything being 'Unnamed', this happened when i updated to 0.7, i just deleted the MPS in 0.7 and used the one from 0.5(What i was playing on)

Shadowise

Jul 29, 2019
Okay. I disabled the "Use Custom Font Engine" setting in the config, and that fixed it. Machine Muse's website says you should only need to disable it if you use OptiFine, which I'm not using... but oh well. Still have issues with the name, but that seems to be fixed in later versions.

Geekomancer

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I'm seeing as Unnamed (so far) are these orange-ish yellow buckets. That don't stack. I was cutting grass for seeds and was randomly getting them. I imagine that's some sort of ID conflict? No idea what from, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.