Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanBeatYou_xD

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys - Ars Magica. I noticed a config for the mod and I have installed it and some id conflicts appeared/recipes messed up -> arcane ash for instance. Anyway I was wondering is a) the mod will become a mod in future packs due to configs present b) how to solve the id conflicts c) How to add the mod without any issues as sometimes I've added it to a clean version worked fine, then other times added it to a new clean version and crashes loading.
I'm using the FTB 1.5.2 WGT 0.7
Cheers Dan

Shadowise

Jul 29, 2019
Well, he'll be putting the source code up on GitHub soon, so I guess Pahimar can check if it's stolen. I'd like to think it's not stolen, but you never know these days.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys - Ars Magica. I noticed a config for the mod and I have installed it and some id conflicts appeared/recipes messed up -> arcane ash for instance. Anyway I was wondering is a) the mod will become a mod in future packs due to configs present b) how to solve the id conflicts c) How to add the mod without any issues as sometimes I've added it to a clean version worked fine, then other times added it to a new clean version and crashes loading.
I'm using the FTB 1.5.2 WGT 0.7
Cheers Dan
Those configs are from a old test build. But it was deemed too overpowered or something to include. I heard the mod author was working on it so we'll see.

hhhjort

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know which mod adds the second tab to inventory? I don't know what can go in the extra inventory slots, or what they might do.

DanBeatYou_xD

Jul 29, 2019
Those configs are from a old test build. But it was deemed too overpowered or something to include. I heard the mod author was working on it so we'll see.
do you have a link for it/or information why it was deemed 'overpowered'? Do you have any more information regarding it -> the update to be more balanced?
Thanks Dan

Shadowise

Jul 29, 2019
For various reasons Ars Magicka will not be included in the current 0.5 version of the 1.5.2 modpack, with no plans to add it in the foreseeable future (for now at least). That file was left there by mistake as part of our testing Magic Bees; not meant to serve as a teaser by any means :D.

This is the only time I saw it stated it wasn't going to be added ^

Shadowise

Jul 29, 2019
You can click the small arrow next to the quotee's name to go to the original post it was quoted from. In this case, it was June 9th.

Unfortunately, no, I don't have any other information :)

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
That quote is from the FTB Community Relations guy (and it's in blue text), so if anyone's right, it's gonna be him.

No pressure though, Que :p

Reactions: QueWhat

Geekomancer

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly get where people say Ars is OP. I include it personally, more for the structures it adds. The tower with the wall around it makes a GREAT base. I have yet to find an Archmage tower, though.

And, I should say, I'm glad the chests in the towers don't include items outside Ars. Or at least I haven't seen anything. THAT would be OP. I find enough of those in Thaumcraft buildings and towns! :p

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I have two questions about this pack (both of which are silly and don't deserve a thread of their own).

Are butterflies in this release of forestry? Or are they just very rare?

And - I know TE had a config option to turn off creeper explosions - but i can't find it. Was it removed? (yes, I'm a cheater)

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Immibis's Microblocks would be a great core mod to add! I added it to the WGT152 pack this morning with no issues.

moff3tt

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing on 1.5.2 v0.7 w/GT and I have noticed that many of the basic IC machines do not have recipes in NEI and as I understand GT has changed the recipes. Though, I cannot find a wiki that shows the GT recipes so I am unsure where to go from here. It is probably partly my fault for "trying out" GT on a beta pack build but whatever.

ntwitch

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing on 1.5.2 v0.7 w/GT and I have noticed that many of the basic IC machines do not have recipes in NEI and as I understand GT has changed the recipes. Though, I cannot find a wiki that shows the GT recipes so I am unsure where to go from here. It is probably partly my fault for "trying out" GT on a beta pack build but whatever.

Use the "automatic" (gregtech) versions of each machine. They use the same recipe as the old IC2 machines. I guess he didn't like how they didn't blow up in the rain :p

Status
Not open for further replies.