Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Its not really to say there will not be a 1.5.2 'official' pack but what we want to make clear is that ultimate, mindcrack etc have no current plans to move to 1.5.2. We might do a new pack on the launcher for 1.5.2 but it most probably will not be forward compatible to future minecraft versions.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Notice Captainnana's use of the words might and probably. That means that at this time we are not at the level where we can resolutely tell the community what the final results will be (besides the clear point made in regards to the current 1.4.7 packs). We wish we could tell everyone how many 1.5.X mod packs will exist and whether or not the current 1.5.2 packs will ever leave the beta stage, but that is currently a luxury we cannot afford ourselves to take, it's too early to tell.

We love to play modded Minecraft just as much as everyone else, we too are anxious to dig our pickaxes into a 1.5.X world without having to deal with client-crashing bugs and other significant problems that would ruin our fun. You can be sure of this though; the updates will continue whenever feasibly and reasonably possible just as has been done until now on this thread, and when 0.5 does arrive it will be awesome ;)

Reactions: Ashzification

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I don't care at all if there is a "final" (vs. beta) pack and when it's released. As long as you guys keep busting your butts to update us, I'm a happy girl.

Reactions: Powersthatbe85

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
Off-topic: Has the FTB team considered a server side program - that acts like the FTB client program? (meaning you stop your server; launch the program - it downloads the updated mod packs - and then kicks off the server again....) I'd love to see that.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Off-topic: Has the FTB team considered a server side program - that acts like the FTB client program? (meaning you stop your server; launch the program - it downloads the updated mod packs - and then kicks off the server again....) I'd love to see that.

That's not a terrible idea, actually (unless there's a flaw with it I'm not seeing). I think you should post it in launcher feedback, see what others think. It'll just get buried here.
This is already partially implemented in the normal launcher, there's a download server button you can use.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
This is already partially implemented in the normal launcher, there's a download server button you can use.
True - but my thinking is, instead of having to redownload a new server - and then copy it over, etc, etc... It'd be easier to just have server software do it...

I'll go post it in the suggestion box (or feedback - whatever it is) :)

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
True - but my thinking is, instead of having to redownload a new server - and then copy it over, etc, etc... It'd be easier to just have server software do it...

I'll go post it in the suggestion box (or feedback - whatever it is) :)

We already have this availability for servers to a point (Not in a software package but its just the nature of our server packs), you simply go to the server download page right click on the server you want and copy link address. Then (Assuming unix distribution) use wget or simular to download it into your server dir:
"wget http://www.creeperrepo.net/direct/FTB2/currentMD5/modpacks^Ultimate^1_1_2^Ultimate_Server.zip"
Then generally I like to move it to a more meaningful name:
"mv modpacks%* ultimate_update.zip"
Then finally unzip using your favorite unzip package:
"unzip ultimate_update.zip" overwriting all the files.

This assumes you have not made any config changes if you have then you will need to go and manually change those again because our configs generally change between versions so to avoid miss matches you should always start from scratch in terms of configs and just keep a note of the configs you want to change.

I understand that it might not seem the most streamlined process for some but I guess if you are running your own server then you should be able to manage this without issue. If you are using a minecraft server host they will probably provide updates for you so you dont need to worry about it which is generally the best solution for people to simply play the game rather than run a gaming server.

Reactions: Ashzification

freecreeperhugs

Jul 29, 2019
This may have already been noted, and I don't know if you can do anything about it, but this is hard to impossible to read properly on the launcher due to the screenshot making it wider than the default width. Thank you for your time.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Now, speaking as just a guy who pushes mod packs together, spends far too much time fiddling with config files and making mods to work with other, I just have to say, WOOOH!

I need to sleep, but I also *need* to say, we just hit a few milestones and this is exciting me. I expect some big news very soon :)

Slackerony

Jul 29, 2019
Any news on whether or not 0.5 is gonna have Mystcraft, SoulShards and Gravichest(Not sure what that mod is called) They've all been updated to 1.5.2

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I just wanna know if Mekanism will be either included in .5 or if it will be compatible without having to configure it.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys (Wyld?) - Redpower had a pneumatic tube (it was a smart tube) in 1.4.7. Does anyone know of the equivalent in the 1.5.2 pack? That was one of the greatest means of transporting stuff ever....

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Any news on whether or not 0.5 is gonna have Mystcraft, SoulShards and Gravichest(Not sure what that mod is called) They've all been updated to 1.5.2

Personally I just wanna know if Mekanism will be either included in .5 or if it will be compatible without having to configure it.
For now we can confirm that both Mystcraft and SoulShards will indeed be added on version 0.5. However, we cannot yet confirm whether GraviSuits, and Mekanism will or will not be added.

I hears somewhere on the forums that ftb doesn't want Mekanism In the mod packs...
Forget what you 'heard' somewhere on the forums, the above is our current official response on the addition of Mekanism.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the reply and it's good to hear of the addition of Mystcraft and SoulShards in the upcoming version. I guess when it comes out I'll see if the base configs for it will work and if not deal with it (never used it before so want to try it out). I'm guessing that also means BoP is not going to be in the pack yet either? If not that one in particular seems to be fairly easy to add.

thefifthgate

Jul 29, 2019
First off, I'd like to thank the mod authors and the ftb team for putting together this pack. It really makes minecraft so much more enjoyable!

Second, will the 1.5.2 v0.5 release do anything that makes saves on previous versions broken? If it's just something like having to go explore to load new worldgen, then I don't mind, but does anything change that would make a save on the v0.4 unplayable? I just want to know if I can start playing and update later.

Status
Not open for further replies.