Mod Pack Update

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Powersthatbe85

Jul 29, 2019
The kickstarter would have to be for the devs time and services and nothing tying the purchase to the actual product they would make. But this is actually a good idea and could give some well deserved income to our Devs. You would need a middle man to evaluate and and split up the funding appropriately. How much to save for future projects, give to the devs. That sort of thing.

Tiny Gadget Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having issues making a portal to the nether?[DOUBLEPOST=1369948426][/DOUBLEPOST]
Dude - you just don't get it. WHAT YOUR SERVER'S SAY IS BEYOND IRRELEVANT. THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH FTB. FTB HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM. DO YOU NOT GET THAT?

My God... If you want to play on a 1.4.7 server - YOU USE 1.4.7 SOFTWARE! FTB has nothing to do with that - that's how MOJANG wrote the software. If you don't like, go yell at them. And the "idk where the production/commercial comment came from" because FTB is FREE; there ARE NO GUARENTEES or anything with their work. You didn't pay for it; so if you don't like it - don't use it.

So, let's start over. MOJANG wrote Minecraft (Not the FTB team). Each version of Minecraft (which again, has NOTHING to do with FTB Team) is different from ALL previous (and FUTURE) versions minecraft. If you set up a server using the 1.4.7 version, anyone that plays on that server MUST USE 1.4.7. If you are running a 1.2.5 server, you have to use 1.2.5. THAT is where FTB comes in, they have written different version packs so you CAN switch between versions quickly! That's the ONLY thing FTB does!

What's happening here is, you have no clue how minecraft works - and you're yelling at everyone thinking you're right when you're completely wrong. The end result, if you and your friends want to play what's on your server that you're playing for, MATCH IT. If you're not sure what that is, ASK THE GUYS YOU RENT THE SERVER FROM.

And you are the reason people don't ask for help.. take something for that temper and chill out. Wow!!

Tiny Gadget Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
as far as i know both ftb and and the server are running on minecraft 1.4.7 and i tried the lower version options in the launcher with no luck. i am not complaining about stuff not being finished. i am only looking for some helpful insight on a way to play the game as it was before the patch that updated or removed all the mods.

Something Tyrellan is not telling you is how the software works with your server host. Most of the software out there that helps you to manage your server only recognizes the FTB BetaA .jar file. So when you ask the server to install or update the files for your game it renames the main .jar file to match what its looking for, FTBBetaA.jar (not sure of the exact file name) but you get the point. YOU are not using the beta version of the game, its just how the management software like Creeperhost and MCMyAdmin see the .jar file.

Past that its a good idea to FTP into your server and save or backup your world file. Then have the server delete and re-install your software. Copy your world file back via FTP and you should be good.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
So build the server yourself? It's not that hard. Get the minecraft.jar file from minecraft.net - download forge - add the forge files into the minecraft.jar - pop it on your server; and start it. After it's set everything up; shut it back down - and add whatever mods you want into the mods folder. Boom, you're all done. To make it even easier, you should be able to use all the mods from the single player 1.5.2 packs they've set up.

It's even easier than that. Change the forge zip file to a .jar file simply by changing the extension, and run the jar. Then put the proper files in the proper folders and run again. so easy.

daniel21

Jul 29, 2019
my feed the beast ultimate alwaya gone crash when a i use the rail gun on power tools in the nether why? and how to fix yet?

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
While you're online Wyld; any idea when the 0.5 will be released?
Official line, when it's ready ;)

A bit more detail .. the best build I have now is looking pretty sweet. Some issues have been addressed, but additional ones have been found. I've been told to expect a critical update to one mod tomorrow, and I would *really* like this - rather than pulling a bunch of mods back a few versions. Interactivity is always difficult when APIs change.

Hitting this moving target is a little difficult, but the discussion and cooperation with the mod authors has been amazing and excellent. I expect something much sooner, than later. And that includes an initial server release if I can wangle it.

Reactions: Anubis and Olivj

sporkwars02

Jul 29, 2019
Something Tyrellan is not telling you is how the software works with your server host. Most of the software out there that helps you to manage your server only recognizes the FTB BetaA .jar file. So when you ask the server to install or update the files for your game it renames the main .jar file to match what its looking for, FTBBetaA.jar (not sure of the exact file name) but you get the point. YOU are not using the beta version of the game, its just how the management software like Creeperhost and MCMyAdmin see the .jar file.

Past that its a good idea to FTP into your server and save or backup your world file. Then have the server delete and re-install your software. Copy your world file back via FTP and you should be good.
yay getting more info, i had been looking at ftp and my world folders a bit and think i am starting to get the hang of things. can i take and download the ftb ultimate server zip file and kill every thing other than just the world folders, and place the zip in the main tree of the ftp than extract it and go?

i will totally admit to being a noob when it comes to mod packs for mine craft. when all this started it was a simple click of the pack on the server, and downloading the ftb launcher, selecting ftb ultimate and pressing the launch button.

now when you say world files, are you referring to a true file or a folder containing files? the hosting page is acting a bit strange so i can not look at all the stuff in the ftp tree at the moment, but if memory serves me i have 3 folders that relate to my world, the nether, and something else. all of them are named world.

Thelegendback

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone else have the problem with modulater powersuits? where when you try to make a hot key and its all white shapes?

Attachments

• 2013-05-31_08.18.30.png
    2013-05-31_08.18.30.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 143

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
yay getting more info, i had been looking at ftp and my world folders a bit and think i am starting to get the hang of things. can i take and download the ftb ultimate server zip file and kill every thing other than just the world folders, and place the zip in the main tree of the ftp than extract it and go?

i will totally admit to being a noob when it comes to mod packs for mine craft. when all this started it was a simple click of the pack on the server, and downloading the ftb launcher, selecting ftb ultimate and pressing the launch button.

now when you say world files, are you referring to a true file or a folder containing files? the hosting page is acting a bit strange so i can not look at all the stuff in the ftp tree at the moment, but if memory serves me i have 3 folders that relate to my world, the nether, and something else. all of them are named world.

This is not really the place for server tech support, it sounds like the problem you are having is a problem with your specific server host so you should really contact them, if you wish to continue the conversation on the FTB forums then you can make a thread here however this thread is for discussion about the 1.5.2 packs rather than bug reports of unrelated topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.