Mod Pack Update

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slackerony

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I just asked because i wasn't sure if there was anything i'de missed :p - having played ftb for quite some time now, I know their policy on ETA's :).... "It'll most likely be tomorrow! --- cya next month!"

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I just asked because i wasn't sure if there was anything i'de missed :p - having played ftb for quite some time now, I know their policy on ETA's :).... "It'll most likely be tomorrow! --- cya next month!"
We would hate for anyone to arrive at the conclusion that we are careless and unreliable based solely on missed ETAs. I can honestly say that when ETAs have been provided it was done so with the full intention of arriving at or near that mark. However, just as it can occur with any entity; unforeseen 'bumps on the road' were found that had to be crossed, each 'bump' (be it a bug or, any problem that took precedence) added additional delays that were unavoidable.

The whole FTB team, from help desk to moderators, mod pack team to graphics team, everyone does their part voluntarily and out of their own free will. We enjoy what we do and work efficiently and diligently to provide the community with a better gaming experience. We appreciate your patience and and assure you that when (as in the past) releases of anything are made it will be as polished as reasonably possible. But don't be surprised when we tell you "it will be ready when it is ready" :).

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't realize that the Dart Force or whatever its called Mod was already in the pack, I was going to add it myself and then found out that it was there...

There are so many Mods that I so want to add to the pack, but most are still behind 1.5.2 like Xycraft and Mystcraft. T_T

Anyone got any suggestions on what else to add to the pack yourself due to the mods not being allowed in public packs???

Slackerony

Jul 29, 2019
We would hate for anyone to arrive at the conclusion that we are careless and unreliable based solely on missed ETAs. I can honestly say that when ETAs have been provided it was done so with the full intention of arriving at or near that mark. However, just as it can occur with any entity; unforeseen 'bumps on the road' were found that had to be crossed, each 'bump' (be it a bug or, any problem that took precedence) added additional delays that were unavoidable.

The whole FTB team, from help desk to moderators, mod pack team to graphics team, everyone does their part voluntarily and out of their own free will. We enjoy what we do and work efficiently and diligently to provide the community with a better gaming experience. We appreciate your patience and and assure you that when (as in the past) releases of anything are made it will be as polished as reasonably possible. But don't be surprised when we tell you "it will be ready when it is ready" :).

I can assure you, I appreciate what you guys do, and i meant no disrespect, at all. But, now, as in the past, Keeping the community updated with your progress, and/or what's wrong, haven't been your strong suit.

Alot of people are moaning over the fact that you guys r "slow" When in fact, you have meet unforseen bugs. But if u told people - We r currently waiting for x mod to update, than we can move on, or, Well, Just give us a daily/weekly update - And i think you could ease the tention in the community, alot. :)

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
I can assure you, I appreciate what you guys do, and i meant no disrespect, at all. But, now, as in the past, Keeping the community updated with your progress, and/or what's wrong, haven't been your strong suit.

Alot of people are moaning over the fact that you guys r "slow" When in fact, you have meet unforseen bugs. But if u told people - We r currently waiting for x mod to update, than we can move on, or, Well, Just give us a daily/weekly update - And i think you could ease the tention in the community, alot. :)
No disrespect was taken at all, that post was meant for not only you but for the whole community, a chance to clarify the ETA subject :).

I would like to thank you for being honest and polite. We always welcome all sort of feedback, even constructive criticism, as long as it is polite and respectful as you were. We are aware of how the community feels and I can confirm and assure you that Slowpoke himself is currently tackling FTB's Community Relations and new information will be released fairly soon with details on the steps that will be taken to improve that aspect of FTB. See? We listen :D

Slackerony

Jul 29, 2019
No disrespect was taken at all, that post was meant for not only you but for the whole community, a chance to clarify the ETA subject :).

I would like to thank you for being honest and polite. We always welcome all sort of feedback, even constructive criticism, as long as it is polite and respectful as you were. We are aware of how the community feels and I can confirm and assure you that Slowpoke himself is currently tackling FTB's Community Relations and new information will be released fairly soon with details on the steps that will be taken to improve that aspect of FTB. See? We listen :D

Well, happy to help! :) any clues to whats holding you guys back? other then perhaps, missing mystcraft

Edit: also: I'm happy to see you're taking in the community feedback, Not that i was ever in doubt - Especially with the 1.5.2test pack, you really showed something - Atleast to me.

Slackerony

Jul 29, 2019
can someone help me make a server for the 152ngt pack?

Remove the client mods, paste over to a server. Launch, There's a few other threads on the forum explaining this is detail. i think it's in the mod dicussion/ftb general forums

Slackerony

Jul 29, 2019
mhm, Well, they are there somewhere - in any case:

- Remove the client-specific mods, NEI for example
- Now copy the mods folder over to the server's mods folder
- Copy the config -> Server's config
Launch the .bat file and, /score! :)

I'm assuming you know how to launch an ordinary mindcraft server :)

if this doesn't answer your question, You should probably make a forum thread, asking for help there.

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
mhm, Well, they are there somewhere - in any case:

- Remove the client-specific mods, NEI for example
- Now copy the mods folder over to the server's mods folder
- Copy the config -> Server's config
Launch the .bat file and, /score! :)

I'm assuming you know how to launch an ordinary mindcraft server :)

if this doesn't answer your question, You should probably make a forum thread, asking for help there.

I dont know what I did wrong the first time, but this time it worked. :D

Reactions: Slackerony

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Back to the questions. When I start the launcher, am I supposed to have to add the private pack every time, or is it glitched? Every time I start the launcher and want to play the 152ngt pack, I have to manually add it? Is there a way for it to stay there?

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Also posting this in support
I get this error whenever I load FTB From Console: [Fatal Error] :2:1: Premature end of file.
Exception reading modpack file: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 2; columnNumber: 1; Premature end of file.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
You should post in one of the tech support sections. We aren't providing support for the 1.5.2 packs because they're beta packs. And I'm the main person on the help desk (usually) and I'm not available to work on it this weekend.

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
You should post in one of the tech support sections. We aren't providing support for the 1.5.2 packs because they're beta packs. And I'm the main person on the help desk (usually) and I'm not available to work on it this weekend.

replied to 152 bug reports and added a thread for it.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah i get that cannot tell a grafter from a medium voltage capacitor.

By any chance do the both of you have optifine installed? For me this was only an issue when combined with optifine and while I'd love to play the game without it it breaks my heart to know I can't without exiting and re-entering the world every 10 chunks or so -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.