Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
After all this I really hope the FTB team considers bringing on a PR point person, to be the one source of info across the platforms (reddit, twitter, forums, etc). Even if said info is "we don't have a date", knowing that someone will be updating in various areas would be really nice. And it would help prevent lots of rumors/conflicting info.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
After all this I really hope the FTB team considers bringing on a PR point person, to be the one source of info across the platforms (reddit, twitter, forums, etc). Even if said info is "we don't have a date", knowing that someone will be updating in various areas would be really nice. And it would help prevent lots of rumors/conflicting info.
And preferably this person could give me (and any other active help deskers) a heads up. "hey this is happening soon, beware of the flood of tickets" All I would need.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
So the take away from this is that if it takes creeperhost 2 weeks to address a network node problem, give no ETA to a group that is giving them free advertisment and referrals then its pretty sure bet that if something goes wrong with a server you are renting from them for minecraft/ftb you can just forget about any kind of support or at least forget about getting support in under a month.
I should probably clear up some confusion for you to help you understand the situation better.

The FTP server was having software issues, we did not know of these issues (because no one has needed to use the service in quite some time) until Captain pointed them out and the problem was rectified - fixing something can take more than five minutes sometimes. If there was a hardware error then we would have known about it on our software and we would have addressed it quicker, however, it was a software error.

I also find it quite disturbing that you made a comment insinuating that our support staff will not reply to support requests for over a month? That is incredibly outrageous and I really can't make a comment on that statement as I am lost for words.

Also, on multiple occasions you just seem to backlash Creeperhost and make negative comments at every opportunity that you can get and it's quite disheartening to see a user so dedicated to causing negativity and damage. I am unsure what we have done to upset you, but it must have been quite severe since this is quite a negative attitude you have towards us. I would like you to send me a private message so we can discuss what we may have done to cause you to be this way.

Reactions: QueWhat

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I should probably clear up some confusion for you to help you understand the situation better.

The FTP server was having software issues, we did not know of these issues (because no one has needed to use the service in quite some time) until Captain pointed them out and the problem was rectified - fixing something can take more than five minutes sometimes. If there was a hardware error then we would have known about it on our software and we would have addressed it quicker, however, it was a software error.
Do you still have an active twitter account for CH for updates?

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
I know everyone is excited for the 1.5.2 update, but I'm more excited about the 1.4.7 updates that bring bug fixes and the larger fusion reactor from gregtech.

Same here. Disappointed they can't release this already. It seems they will be adding yet more updates to 1.5.x instead.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Same here. Disappointed they can't release this already. It seems they will be adding yet more updates to 1.5.x instead.
I was on Teamspeak when they were testing out the mods on 1.5.x.....put it this way, it was an interesting listen whilst I was eating my sandwiches.

Reactions: Ashzification

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
So the take away from this is that if it takes creeperhost 2 weeks to address a network node problem, give no ETA to a group that is giving them free advertisment and referrals then its pretty sure bet that if something goes wrong with a server you are renting from them for minecraft/ftb you can just forget about any kind of support or at least forget about getting support in under a month.

For anyone who read this guy's post:

Don't base your opinions on others (including companies) on what some people (without personal verifiable experiences) have to say. I had a server with CreeperHost for several months and opened tickets with them several times (look it up, server was called The.Factory). Never did I receive poor service and always they responded quickly. Remember, technology, be it hardware or software, is not perfect. If you truly want to know if CreeperHost is a good choice or not, then research what previous customers had to say.

PS: NO I don't get paid by anyone for anything, I wouldn't normally post this but the quoted user's post was unfairly harsh.

wastrel

Jul 29, 2019
For anyone who read this guy's post:

Don't base your opinions on others (including companies) on what some people (without personal verifiable experiences) have to say. I had a server with CreeperHost for several months and opened tickets with them several times (look it up, server was called The.Factory). Never did I receive poor service and always they responded quickly. Remember, technology, be it hardware or software, is not perfect. If you truly want to know if CreeperHost is a good choice or not, then research what previous customers had to say.

PS: NO I don't get paid by anyone for anything, I wouldn't normally post this but the quoted user's post was unfairly harsh.

I have had an identical experience with Creeper Host fwiw.

Utumno

Jul 29, 2019
I also find it quite disturbing that you made a comment insinuating that our support staff will not reply to support requests for over a month? That is incredibly outrageous and I really can't make a comment on that statement as I am lost for words.

Ok your own service outage page indicated until this morning that you had a node issue in your LA facility until this afternoon. The issue was aged 13 days. And I wasnt even the first person in this thread to point out that there was So I am not insinuating anything. My source for a 2 week outage was based on your own service outage page. Now where you differ from me is my suggestion that a unresolved issue for 2 weeks makes a potential customer wonder if creeperhost would take care of a individual account problem in a timely manner. You may or may not.. But it is a valid question that a potential customer should ask. I guess I am just unimpressed with a outage from your service status page that is 13 days old.

Status
Not open for further replies.