Mod Pack Update

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalseraphim

Jul 29, 2019
How do you test the java code? Unit testing? What percentage of the test coverage of code? Yes, I'll tell you - 0. There is not any test from a professional point of view, and what do you ask?
The best testers is a community that you have now.

Yes, we do have a big community of people that *could* test the new modpack... *HOWEVER*.... At the moment, they are still working on "low hanging fruit" - easily found, easily repeatable bugs... If there were... say, 100,000 people with the test version, probably 90,000 would hit the bug, 30,000 of them would ignore it if possible, or just go to another pack, 20,000 of them would come to the forums/helpdesk and say nothing more than "Y U SUCK AND PUT OUT BROKEN PACK?", another 20,000 would come saying only "Y MY MINECRAFT CRASH?", 15,000 would come with the same exact crashlog, reposting it even though the previous 100 posts were people with the same problem, and the last 5,000 would be ripping out their hair trying to help the other 85,000...

So which one are you?

MethticalOD

Jul 29, 2019
Why release 1.5.x if you can keep streaming it and have people watch and subscribe to you? That seems more profitable then releasing a beta, because then it's not like they'll stream 1.6.. not for awhile anyways. And although I like to keep a stream on in the background.. I may be more inclined to watch other people besides slowpoke and the like... Just saying.

Shadowise

Jul 29, 2019
Why release 1.5.x if you can keep streaming it and have people watch and subscribe to you? That seems more profitable then releasing a beta, because then it's not like they'll stream 1.6.. not for awhile anyways. And although I like to keep a stream on in the background.. I may be more inclined to watch other people besides slowpoke and the like... Just saying.

Conspiracy theorists unite.

I doubt people watch the streams just because the streamers are playing with the latest mods. People watch for entertainment, inspiration or just to learn about the mods. And sure, some streamers may have picked up more followers lately who are desperate for news on the new packs, but it's probably a small number.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019

Are you sugesting a conspiracy of sorts ?
Interesting idea, but absurd none the less.

EDIT: Darn you Shadowise. Y U Type so fast :(

Reactions: Shadowise

Wisdoms

Jul 29, 2019
Dear Journal,
Thursday, May 23rd 20--

Feed the beast 1.5 Pack was suppose to come out 6 weeks ago, but still is soon
Starting to lose all hope in FTB and debating whether to go to techniclauncher instead.

Will continue this conversation later in the week if not released- For now, I'll continue to play nothing because every update requires a map wipe- because of a half-ass job or a complete code rebuild.

George Bush

Reactions: Stephen Dunne

MethticalOD

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure the desperate people looking for news on the pack adds up to more than a small number. Although I'm sure it's not for the money as they don't have subscriber buttons and ads don't really give crap for money. I know I would enjoy the extra attention haha.

sheepripper

Jul 29, 2019
Dear Journal,
Thursday, May 23rd 20--

Feed the beast 1.5 Pack was suppose to come out 6 weeks ago, but still is soon
Starting to lose all hope in FTB and debating whether to go to techniclauncher instead.

Will continue this conversation later in the week if not released- For now, I'll continue to play nothing because every update requires a map wipe- because of a half-ass job or a complete code rebuild.

George Bush
does anyone care if you go to play tekkit go ahead

Reactions: kolikooo1

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019

Anubis

Jul 29, 2019
I am equally confused.
Why would I go to another website, which has no actual ties to FTB (other than content posted on it) to get FTB related news.

I should be able to log in here, and find the information I need on the FTB forums.
Took the words right out of my mouth. I HATE Reddit with the passion, I have been looking here on the FTB every day for.... crap it's been months now that we've been waiting.

On a less bitchy note : Slowpoke & the FTB team. Thank you all for all the hard work guys & girls, I don't know about anyone else but I appreciate it... I failed miserably at making a 1.5.2 pack for my server XD. I know this has probably been way worse for you guys than us fans sitting on the edge of our seats in anticipation =D
Hope you guys squash the last few problems soon, and don't forget to sleep!

Reactions: Bytestorm

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Took the words right out of my mouth. I HATE Reddit with the passion, I have been looking here on the FTB every day for.... crap it's been months now that we've been waiting.
The wait, and lack of confirm-able information hasn't really bothered me until right now.

minator

Jul 29, 2019
actually I don't care if anyone of the FTB team posts anywhere else since captainnana has been so kind to keep us updated here, thanks to him ! :)

Reactions: kolikooo1

Kein

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, we do have a big community of people that *could* test the new modpack... *HOWEVER*.... At the moment, they are still working on "low hanging fruit" - easily found, easily repeatable bugs... If there were... say, 100,000 people with the test version, probably 90,000 would hit the bug, 30,000 of them would ignore it if possible, or just go to another pack, 20,000 of them would come to the forums/helpdesk and say nothing more than "Y U SUCK AND PUT OUT BROKEN PACK?", another 20,000 would come saying only "Y MY MINECRAFT CRASH?", 15,000 would come with the same exact crashlog, reposting it even though the previous 100 posts were people with the same problem, and the last 5,000 would be ripping out their hair trying to help the other 85,000...

So which one are you?
A launcher can not be issued to a request to send bug reports to the bug tracker?
If not, maybe we should let the test pack, a release candidate - 1.5.2RC1 and collect bugs for a week, then 1.5.2RC2 and so on ... People complain and whine like me, will not and shall see that something is happening. A major plus point - it's a huge team of testers ... And do you think?[DOUBLEPOST=1369323623][/DOUBLEPOST]
captainnana said:
captainnana
What you need to sign to be your tester?

Shadowise

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, but I still not understood.

New package (1.5.x) not will be compatible with word from 1.4.7?

No it won't be compatible. The new 1.5.x pack will be separate, and missing some mods (mainly Red Power 2), so you can't use your old maps from 1.4.7 packs. You will have to wait for Ultimate, DW20 etc to be updated, once RP2 and other mods are updated.

digitalseraphim

Jul 29, 2019
A launcher can not be issued to a request to send bug reports to the bug tracker?
If not, maybe we should let the test pack, a release candidate - 1.5.2RC1 and collect bugs for a week, then 1.5.2RC2 and so on ... People complain and whine like me, will not and shall see that something is happening. A major plus point - it's a huge team of testers ... And do you think?[DOUBLEPOST=1369323623][/DOUBLEPOST] What you need to sign to be your tester?
I'm sorry if I misunderstand you, but I feel that you have misunderstood me. What you are saying doesn't fix anything.. *unless* the bug tracker was publicly read-only, but only used by the team that is testing new pack builds. This would show the community progress, while still keeping the initial test team small.

Status
Not open for further replies.