Mod/Item/Stuff Ideas

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that makes gregtech machines accepting of IC2 upgrades such as overclockers, Because this greg fellow is rather nasty about it

The GregTech beta (and GregTech 3) already do this actually, although the mechanics of it are slightly different to regular IC2 machines: the upgrades get hardwired into the machine, cannot be recovered and are lost when the machine is removed and it can only take 4 of a type of upgrade.

Still better than before though, although be careful because the power draw of a GT machine explodes when you overclock it: a 4x OCed Industrial Electrolyzer requires a dedicated fusion reactor running at 32768EU/t to do anything but runs lightning fast.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
The GregTech beta (and GregTech 3) already do this actually, although the mechanics of it are slightly different to regular IC2 machines: the upgrades get hardwired into the machine, cannot be recovered and are lost when the machine is removed and it can only take 4 of a type of upgrade.

Still better than before though, although be careful because the power draw of a GT machine explodes when you overclock it: a 4x OCed Industrial Electrolyzer requires a dedicated fusion reactor running at 32768EU/t to do anything but runs lightning fast.

THere needs to be a general "EasyGreg" thing that makes gregtech nerfed in expense a little

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Have you seen Linda's signiture..?

pdn4b5v.png

I'm usually on the forums from my phone so I don't see signatures, but that's a cool pic.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of mods, I think a bacon mod would be cool. You craft up a stove and a skillet, as well as a knife, and then cut the pork into bacon strips. You then play a minigame to fry your bacon.

Maybe a whole cooking/kitchen mod.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of mods, I think a bacon mod would be cool. You craft up a stove and a skillet, as well as a knife, and then cut the pork into bacon strips. You then play a minigame to fry your bacon.

Maybe a whole cooking/kitchen mod.
in DivineRPG you can put a pork steak in the crafting window and get like 30ish bacon from it. However... until someone creates a texture pack for it that makes it look like nice, decent, real bacon, rather than the streaky stringy fatty garbage yanks eat, then I'll just eat the pork :p

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Pam's HarvestCraft has lots of foods, you should try it out.I don't think there's a minigame bacon-frying game, though.

Yep, a thread that has stayed on topic: rare, I know.
I'll have to try that, it looks really good. I laughed at the on-topic bit :D
And now I'm hungry.

decent, real bacon, rather than the streaky stringy fatty garbage yanks eat, then I'll just eat the pork :p
I miss bacon, man, even though it's crap, I would probably eat it. Although good bacon is heavenly.

Man, I wish there were more minigames in minecraft. Fishing is like a minigame, but not quite. Crafting not so much.

Oh! Fish! Is there already an auto-fish thing out there? I'll bet there is, with nets and stuff.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I'll have to try that, it looks really good. I laughed at the on-topic bit :D
And now I'm hungry.

I miss bacon, man, even though it's crap, I would probably eat it. Although good bacon is heavenly.

Man, I wish there were more minigames in minecraft. Fishing is like a minigame, but not quite. Crafting not so much.

Oh! Fish! Is there already an auto-fish thing out there? I'll bet there is, with nets and stuff.
There is an auto-fish thing just add power.

But yeah if fishing were a little faster it would be a decently fun thing to do.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
There is an auto-fish thing just add power.

But yeah if fishing were a little faster it would be a decently fun thing to do.

I think a more advanced fishing mod would be nice. Add a few fish and rod types I'd love to go ocean fishing if someone could make it a little more complex and rewarding then just click wait click.

Reactions: Sh3it4n

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Pam's HarvestCraft has lots of foods, you should try it out. I don't think there's a minigame bacon-frying game, though.
No, you shouldn't. It's an annoying and terrible mod that I personally really dislike. We tried it on AdvancingCraft and resolved to get rid of it entirely for 1.5.1

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Adding to what Liara said, it does horrible horrible things to NEI.

what level of 'horrible' things are we talking about?

Horrible like oh my i can't find the mods things?
Horrible like wth nei just crashed my pc?
Horrible like ok it crashed the east coasts fiber back bone?
Horrible like after install you started getting random severed limbs in the mail?
Horrible like a rift in time space tore open to a world of pain and death?
or Horrible like doing taxes?

Reactions: Eolas and Bihlbo

jmixmaster

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like a lighting mod that uses a power source (EU/MJ/UE/etc) to use, and if you run out of power, your lights go out and then you have mobs spawn :p Would pretty much only be a "cosmetic" mod, but I think it would be interesting thing to integrate into builds.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like a lighting mod that uses a power source (EU/MJ/UE/etc) to use, and if you run out of power, your lights go out and then you have mobs spawn :p Would pretty much only be a "cosmetic" mod, but I think it would be interesting thing to integrate into builds.

IC2 has powered lights. The Illumator.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 illuminators?
edit: ninja'd by a shoop

Reactions: Barbarian Kitten

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 illuminators?
edit: ninja'd by a shoop

And I'm not even in black wool. White Ninja Shopp is go.

Saddly I really dislike the illuminator. It is sort of buggy and its power needs last time I checked were a bit high for just lighting. Also wished they took up the same block as the cable they were on.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
what level of 'horrible' things are we talking about?

Horrible like oh my i can't find the mods things?
Horrible like wth nei just crashed my pc?
Horrible like ok it crashed the east coasts fiber back bone?
Horrible like after install you started getting random severed limbs in the mail?
Horrible like a rift in time space tore open to a world of pain and death?
or Horrible like doing taxes?
Horrible as in "there's a list of Mods so you can filter by mod, but each HarvestCraft item has it's own item in the list as if it's an individual mod"