Mod/Item/Stuff Ideas

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
But I still hate it.
I was driving with my uncle, and (newbie driver here) got trolled by the speedometer, it said 20, and I was...I was going 60.

In a 40. So I was wrong either way.
it said 20 and you were going 60...?

20mph is roughly 30km/h
20 km/h is roughly 12mph

either way, you were going fucking slowly

Reactions: Sh3it4n

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
so you were going 60MPH? that's roughly 100m/h

I have a feeling you're just making shit up... have you ever been behind the wheel of a car?

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Woot. Don't forget to name in something cool. Cool names make PCs run better.

Also red cases make them go faster.
All the development PCs at my workplace are named for Youtube hits. E.g. PC-RICKROLLED, PC-STARWARSKID, and PC-WILLITBLEND. So I requested my new one be named PC-TOBUSCUS. :D I even have desktop wallpaper of darkness, redness, and whiteness, which happens to be showing at the moment (which is a coincidence since it randomly switched between that and frames from Minecraft Style :p)

Um... mod ideas... how about making dye work on creepers?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
All the development PCs at my workplace are named for Youtube hits. E.g. PC-RICKROLLED, PC-STARWARSKID, and PC-WILLITBLEND. So I requested my new one be named PC-TOBUSCUS. :D I even have desktop wallpaper of darkness, redness, and whiteness, which happens to be showing at the moment (which is a coincidence since it randomly switched between that and frames from Minecraft Style :p)

Um... mod ideas... how about making dye work on creepers?

I got HK-47 and T-Rex on my network here.

But mods.

You know what I would rock out with in a mod.... real furniture. You know like tables, chairs, and stuff.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
so you were going 60MPH? that's roughly 100m/h

I have a feeling you're just making shit up... have you ever been behind the wheel of a car?
I have! I...just...don't know what I'm talking about!

It probably wasn't km/h because the mph wouldn't be higher at all. Because my very general conversion factor is 1 mile=2 km. So if I had 20 on the km side, I should have been going about 10 miles an hour. But I was definitely over 50. Not sure about 60, that's what my uncle said, may have been an exaggeration, because he made me pull over and lectured me :p

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
What do you suggest as a cool name? :p

This is the case I got:
41P5iR%2BaFJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Hummmmmm. I'm torn between PC-NORMANDY (because the Normandy is a very fast ship) and PC-SOVEREIGN (because reasons).

But yes mod ideas. Ummmm. How about a thing for ComputerCraft monitors that let you do 3D rendering? I hope you all know where I'm going with this.

Reactions: EternalDensity

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
But yes mod ideas. Ummmm. How about a thing for ComputerCraft monitors that let you do 3D rendering? I hope you all know where I'm going with this.
I don't
:oops:
I always wondered if it were possible to build a house, and then get a computer to break it down and make a code that would let you build it exactly how it was. It'd be pretty impressive and you could use it on things like jungle temples, pyramids, thaumcraft burrows, and other generated structures to let you see what they look like if they're not half in the ground. Then you could save the code and rebuild things infinitely!!

...but is that possible as a code already?

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
I was a little disappointed that straw golems are no more complicated than they are, given what they do and that compared to wood golems they are dirt cheap. That got me thinking.

I want a Thaumcraft item called "magic fodder" made of a bunch of wheat (maybe carrots too) and some string to "bind it together", and some vis of course. (Or maybe 4 wheat infused with some vis and "food" essentia so I can get rid of watermelon.) Use this for making straw golems, but more importantly, when you use it to feed a critter (any critter that can breed), that critter will stay "romantic" (you know, hearts and stuff) for twice as long, and will breed up to 4 times. So if you have only two cows and two magic fodder, you can get 4 offspring.