Mod/Item/Stuff Ideas

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sitting here with three keyboards, one broken, one out of battery, and the ne I'm typing on clunkier than you can shake a stick at. It got me thinking about how nice a keyboard peripheral would be for computercraft. Or even an interface based OS.

Oh, and Lambert? Paint a yellow racing stripe through it and and call it the Flash.

Oh god the typos with this keyboard :'C

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
My sister thinks it looks like a "Gears of War Helmet"
tbh, to me it's a little like a Decepticon :p But not megatron... hmm...

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
sorry for on topic post: stargate mod could be cool, could be functionally too similar to mystcraft though to be worth it though.

Buried findable gates in the overworld, dhd computer that you can setup in your own stargate command to generate random worlds, the ring gate things they had on ships etc

Reactions: Sh3it4n

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
sorry for on topic post: stargate mod could be cool, could be functionally too similar to mystcraft though to be worth it though.

Buried findable gates in the overworld, dhd computer that you can setup in your own stargate command to generate random worlds, the ring gate things they had on ships etc
I believe you might want to check out StargateTech over on MCF, if that's what you want.

Sent from my phone using black magic

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
"I wish there was a mod that did x,y,z"
"there is"
images

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh nice thanks, hmm looking at that perhaps I've already seen it before and my idea wasn't as original as I first thought it was :D
No ideas are truly original! At some point or another, somebody's already thought of it. Case and point, you + StargateTech.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
No ideas are truly original! At some point or another, somebody's already thought of it. Case and point, you + StargateTech.

No original ideas, huh? Well! Challenge accepte...wait, no, you're right.I can only cobble together random junk.

Are the CCTV camera mods compatible with FTB? I know there is a reason portals aren't see-through...

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Has anyone mentioned camera or (better yet) video [streaming] turtles? I feel like this is the case... but having a turtle that can show you exactly what it sees over Rednet would be very cool. I can imagine a big color touchscreen that also directly controls a distant turtle- so you could play Minecraft in your Minecraft, sort of, and spy on people break blocks while taking a break from breaking blocks yourself.

Also, turtles that can write linkbooks. When combined with the above, you could have three gray flying boxes (armed with a camera, a pickaxe, and the Mystcraft thing) that you control remotely, that together can show you where they are, break through walls (and into people's bases) and create an interdimensional link to their location. You could make zombies (or lit nukes) appear inside other people's bases without actually going there yourself!

Ooh, and turtles that can more directly interact with distant inventories (than the resupply station)- i.e. via enderbags. A squad of four turtles that can do the above, without needing to return home intact!

And, if I'm not completely wrong, portals aren't see-through now because see-through portals were laggy (clientside), and IChun is rewriting the mod, and he hasn't gotten there yet. Also, I think that the Portalgun thread over at MCF said something about see-through portals not using the same technology as something else, which may or may not have been CCTV, I don't remember.

Reactions: EternalDensity

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty good with both. I normally use miles, but I can work with Kilometres just as well. If only metres were exactly 3 feet. Curse that horrible non-linear system of measurement Americans use. I can't even do the conversions fast enough!

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I've always wondered what it'd require to make a messenger turtle that goes to a specific location, builds a monitor, sets down and lights some fireworks, and displays a message on said monitor. Talk about making an impression!

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty good with both. I normally use miles, but I can work with Kilometres just as well. If only metres were exactly 3 feet. Curse that horrible non-linear system of measurement Americans use. I can't even do the conversions fast enough!

It's not our fault.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
It's not our fault.
*initiates flame war*
It kinda is. It's the old english system, we're just too stubborn to change. We could, but...meh.

Speaking of measurements, (ontopic post ho!) I tape-measure mod would be nice. I hate using f3 all the time.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sitting here with three keyboards, one broken, one out of battery, and the ne I'm typing on clunkier than you can shake a stick at. It got me thinking about how nice a keyboard peripheral would be for computercraft. Or even an interface based OS.

Oh, and Lambert? Paint a yellow racing stripe through it and and call it the Flash.

Oh god the typos with this keyboard :'C
You should see my keyboard

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: jumpfight5