Mod/Item/Stuff Ideas

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Oh that is genius! *steal*

Yeah now if only there was a light source greater then 15. Since you have to go two down you still have to make a sort of tight pattern. But often for looks I'll mix it up with some obvus lighting and use my trapdoor lighting to extend that. But your dropping one about ever 6 blocks.

But hey no one said making good looking builds was easy or quick.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Railway tracks do this now, I think since 1.5 ... It was to stop mobs blocking minecarts or something

Oh they kept that in? Good to know I saw it in a snapshot vid but but since it was not talk about since I figured it was one of them tried then dropped fetures.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Ah, right. that's a problem then. But really, it can't be that bad to have completely invisible lighting, even if you do need them close together.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, right. that's a problem then. But really, it can't be that bad to have completely invisible lighting, even if you do need them close together.
Unless he wants to grow things. Although I suppose he could grow his stuff first, but farms and such would still get messed up.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Well, if there was a bio-research mod, then part of it would be to make musk's and repellents for all the different mobs. Place them in an area, and they will either attract or repeal mobs in that area.

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if there was a bio-research mod, then part of it would be to make musk's and repellents for all the different mobs. Place them in an area, and they will either attract or repeal mobs in that area.
I think theres a new bio tech UE mod no idea what it does tho

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
FORTH still confounds me...mostly because I haven't bothered to build a RP2 computer, yet. But, honestly...the only thing I can see the RP2 computer having over CC computers is that the former can interface with sortrons, big friggin whoop. With CC and turtles, I could theoretically automate ALL the things, if such a feat wouldn't lag the everloving hell outta me, that is.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Right because when you have such a huge mod that encompasses ALL the things, and someone decides to make a derivative mod based on ONE of those things, it's sooo surprising when it turns out better.
I'd say if someone took the frame idea and said "I will make an entire mod out of this idea" and EVERYTHING in that mod is utterly dedicated to frames, then that mod's frames will be better.
Yes CC is better but it's no fucking wonder, it's not ironic, it's just common sense.

Reactions: the_j485 and Saice

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with Lambert. In a less abrasive tone.

Yes something that speicalizes tends to be better then something that generilizes. Its the focus that in the end makes it better.

Or as my english teacher used to say (totaly unrlated to english but he was a cool guy). You can chose to be good at many things or you can chose to be great at one thing.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Or, also known as, Jack of all trades, king of none. Or master of none. The saying varies by location.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
The Jack of all trades kind of analogy?
Also, the main issue with Forth for many peopl is that there are so few tutorials and information on it, compared to the vast amount available for lua, and also several for CC specifically.
If RP computers received more documentation, they would be just as "good" as CC ones, ESP with the sortron.
CC however excels due to turtles.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
That's the point, that's why it's so good - there are many courses online available for it, and a lot of documentation.

The only person I have seen using these (Inc dire) is Duncan of the Yogscast, when e used one in tekkit for his frame door.

Also, hopefully Dan200 intergrates CC with MFR rednet soon, similar to the previous linking with RP2 bundled cable.

According to KingLemming Lua lacks braces however, which is a no-go for him.