Mod/Item/Stuff Ideas

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe not expensive to aquire but expensive to use becuase of griefers and thieves.
That probably works better. I guess making it act in vajra levels of expensiveness would be discouraging to thieves, but I'm thinking it would still have to be fun. But vajra levels of "hard to acquire" is also not always fun. Balance!

Galacicraft ramped up to 11
Galacticraft ramped up to 11. I like it! I've been envisioning something similar, except in the End.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I really like RH's idea :D But I'd agree with Saice, it's not so much a Golem as a... something. Dunno if automata would sound so good, nor robot...

VAO's?
Which is vapor amet operarius which means steam powered worker in Latin

Reactions: RavynousHunter

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...steam automaton...I like it! And, yes, I've planned on a lumberjack automaton. My brother came up with a neat idea, both in aesthetics and balance, of requiring the automatons have tools appropriate to their function. Swords/bows for point defense or patrol, axes for luberjacking, picks+shovels for mining, and so on. The tools will be in a separate, smaller inventory and will be used in the same manner a player with that tool would perform in terms of both speed, mining ability, and durability. Perhaps an upgrade for IC2/GraviSuite/GT electric tools and the MPS power gauntlet, which would allow them to both use them and know how and where to recharge 'em!

Reactions: whizzball1

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
What sort of coding experience do you have? Can we expect this mod to become a reality or is it just a whole heap of great ideas with no potential?
Sorry if that sounds harsh, it's not meant to be.

Reactions: whizzball1

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
What sort of coding experience do you have? Can we expect this mod to become a reality or is it just a whole heap of great ideas with no potential?
Sorry if that sounds harsh, it's not meant to be.
Tis alright, and a perfectly valid question. I've been programming goin on 12 years now, been doing it since I was 11. I've got some experience with Java itself, the code...it'll be difficult, no doubts there, but its definitely doable. I'd be recruiting my brother for art, since I can't draw (on paper or computer) to save my life, even simple pixel art, and when she's got the time to spare, my lady shall serve as a 2nd set of hands on the code end. It may be a bit, but I see no reason why it'd not be doable. I'm mostly just in the planning phase, right now, getting ideas down, bouncing them off my lady, my brother, and you guys, 'specially the latter. You guys are my prospective end-users, after all, your opinions matter.

Code may not begin in earnest for a few weeks, as I'm pretty damned close to moving out, and as I've said before, I don't want to put any extra stress on me in what will undoubtedly be an already stressful situation...what with moving 1,000 miles, living on my own for the first time in my life, having a nearby girlfriend for the first time in my life, not to mention searching for and acquiring a job. I've got a lotta shit to do, but I do want to do this...I've wanted to do a mod of my own since I first played with PowerCraft, tis just that real life's got to take precedence, ya know?

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Tis alright, and a perfectly valid question. I've been programming goin on 12 years now, been doing it since I was 11. I've got some experience with Java itself, the code...it'll be difficult, no doubts there, but its definitely doable. I'd be recruiting my brother for art, since I can't draw (on paper or computer) to save my life, even simple pixel art, and when she's got the time to spare, my lady shall serve as a 2nd set of hands on the code end. It may be a bit, but I see no reason why it'd not be doable. I'm mostly just in the planning phase, right now, getting ideas down, bouncing them off my lady, my brother, and you guys, 'specially the latter. You guys are my prospective end-users, after all, your opinions matter.

Code may not begin in earnest for a few weeks, as I'm pretty damned close to moving out, and as I've said before, I don't want to put any extra stress on me in what will undoubtedly be an already stressful situation...what with moving 1,000 miles, living on my own for the first time in my life, having a nearby girlfriend for the first time in my life, not to mention searching for and acquiring a job. I've got a lotta shit to do, but I do want to do this...I've wanted to do a mod of my own since I first played with PowerCraft, tis just that real life's got to take precedence, ya know?
Indeed it does and I wish you all the best with your move.

Reactions: RavynousHunter

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed it does and I wish you all the best with your move.
Thanks much, brother! Ya know...I'm thinking of maybe splitting my stuff off into its own thread. What do you guys think?

[ETA]
Waitwaitwait...just read Lambert's post about the name suggestion, and I like it! The acronym gives it a high-tech feel, while the proper name gives it a sort-of Victorian feel. Well, that, and I have a serious sweet spot for Latin.

Reactions: EternalDensity

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks much, brother! Ya know...I'm thinking of maybe splitting my stuff off into its own thread. What do you guys think?

would be nice to see everything in one place rather than split over several pages with other non related posts in between. This thread was meant more as a "here's some idea's that us code inept peasents have had, if any of ye godly modders like what we have come up with, feel free to implement said ideas with no need to cite us as the source of said idea/inspiration"

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'm not wading through 36 pages, but if it hasn't been suggested.... chatitemlink plugin for NEI. Why doesn't this exist yet?? (pardon me if it does)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
would be nice to see everything in one place rather than split over several pages with other non related posts in between. This thread was meant more as a "here's some idea's that us code inept peasents have had, if any of ye godly modders like what we have come up with, feel free to implement said ideas with no need to cite us as the source of said idea/inspiration"
And the Hunter said, "Let there be thread!" And so it came to be.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
One of the ideas i just now had and dont want to forget, Is kinetic generation leggings,
When it comes to upgrades for nano/quantum, Leggings and boots have been neglected
but the boots would generate some power when you walk about like the static boots (Get electric charge every couple blocks you move
And have a quantum variant that generates more power,

And perhaps something for the boots too, We have a solar variant of the hat, A creative-simulant flight for the chest plate, So might as well make upgrade variants of the pants and shoes

Plz not to hate, Sounded like a good idea is all

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
One of the ideas i just now had and dont want to forget, Is kinetic generation leggings,
When it comes to upgrades for nano/quantum, Leggings and boots have been neglected
but the boots would generate some power when you walk about like the static boots (Get electric charge every couple blocks you move
And have a quantum variant that generates more power,

And perhaps something for the boots too, We have a solar variant of the hat, A creative-simulant flight for the chest plate, So might as well make upgrade variants of the pants and shoes

Plz not to hate, Sounded like a good idea is all
You mean like Modular Power Suits' leggings?

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, But not part of MPS, It would go in a pair of nano (Or later quantum) pants
They could just be called advanced nano leggings, And something else for quantum
And lets not forget the boots

So basically you want the same functionality MPS offers...why not use that then?

Modular Powersuits is easily superior to the quantum/gravity suit. The only instance when the gravity suit would be preferable would be if you needed flight with more precision, as the power suit is sometimes a bit too fast. But otherwise MPS offers a LOT more.