Mod/Item/Stuff Ideas

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
lol dude the only part I was pissed at was that you put it as your sig avvi without asking Linda first. Since she gave the go ahead I'm fine with it.
#peopledontknowhenimreallypissedofforjusthavingalaughsadface
#isterribadatfiguringoutifpeoplearemadatmeorarejustkiddingespeciallyontheinternetitmustbemylackofskillonpreviousforumsandbecauseiloveyoudaddy
Yea, I accidentally took the wrong picture too...I wanted the one that said JUMPFIGHT above it, but I've been to lazy to figure out what thread it's in and/or type it in myself. Heh.

mezomi

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that was always interesting to me is the Portal Gun Mod. Unlike many video game mods before it, it combines usefulness with balance. It did that so well that it and Gravity Gun are the only video game mods to make it whiten Feed the Beast. I always wanted to see other video game mods that are not just novelty mods. Zelda is game that I think could take advantage of this. It adds so many items that would go great in Minecraft. A balanced tf2 mod would also be nice (because the one out now is ridiculously unbalanced).

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that was always interesting to me is the Portal Gun Mod. Unlike many video game mods before it, it combines usefulness with balance. It did that so well that it and Gravity Gun are the only video game mods to make it whiten Feed the Beast. I always wanted to see other video game mods that are not just novelty mods. Zelda is game that I think could take advantage of this. It adds so many items that would go great in Minecraft. A balanced tf2 mod would also be nice (because the one out now is ridiculously unbalanced).
It was pretty unbalanced at one point

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Before the gun required a nether star?

Also, if there was one change if like to make, it would be to turrets.
Having fiddled in the configs, there's actually an option to set what turrets fire at, everything, only mobs, only hostile mobs and something else, all done via numerical variables.
I would like to be able to set this per turret, via a GUI or something, or maybe by placing the recipe in different orientations to get the various ai's or something.
As in current recipes = shoots hostiless
Recipe upside down = shoots everyhrhingg
Recipe rotated clockwise = shoots mobs (passive also)
Rotated anticlockwise = only shoots players

This would make turrets actually very useful in some builds, so they can be used as player defence, mob defends, part of a mobtrap (no player drops) or still be useful as something to shoot everything.
They could be made more expensive for actually becoming more useful than to solely kill wisps it seems.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Also, can turrets have hats on them?
Considering they're both ichun's mods...

Also, can ocelots have hats? And if you take one, does It have the same hat when it's a new mob, a cat?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds so awesome. If they are thaumy, then they could be flux-influenced too, but that might be weird. Hmm...what about a dull elemental that is rare enough to be compared to a spider jockey? And vis elementals too...the attacks on those two would be hard to figure out though.
I dunno if I'd want to hook into ThaumCraft for that or not, but dull elementals bring up something from another game I play related to elementals: ore elementals. Like iron, gold, or copper elementals. They'd be a step up from regular earth elementals in terms of power and toughness, thus making them more dangerous. However, their danger increase comes with extra loot: each ore elemental killed has a chance to drop 0-3 ingots and 1-4 nuggets of their associated metal, in addition to the normal earth crystal drops.

THOSE, I could see hooking into ThaumCraft, so they only spawn in areas of high earth-type flux, like Messis, Lignum, or Metallum.

[ETA]
Also, jumpfight, the post you made praisin the hell outta me...that made my day, thank you.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
i generally have a few ideas for FTB that no mods exist for and i can't code at all,
Sigh.

Like i think re-enabling the mass fabricator could work if it was tweaked to be a reasonably better device requiring a matter fabricator in it's recipie
(Dunno what, That's for someone else to decide)

Among other things, But nobody cares who could make my ideas a reality :c

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Would also love to see further TC3 development, where lightning and fire wands can be combined with the arcane bore setup to make lighting/fire defense turrets. The code already exists with iron golems for targetting things, and the bore for rotating to point at a target.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
i generally have a few ideas for FTB that no mods exist for and i can't code at all,
Sigh.

Like i think re-enabling the mass fabricator could work if it was tweaked to be a reasonably better device requiring a matter fabricator in it's recipie
(Dunno what, That's for someone else to decide)

Among other things, But nobody cares who could make my ideas a reality :c
Ey, no reason not to voice 'em. Besides, you never know who might be listening!

So long as nobody steals my ideas! I wanna do my mod, damn it!

Reactions: jumpfight5

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Ey, no reason not to voice 'em. Besides, you never know who might be listening!

So long as nobody steals my ideas! I wanna do my mod, damn it!

I just want to make all the machines take EU as an option, Without going through any kind of hassle,
Like, An ic2 thing called "MJ/T Transformer". And it goes in a slot on any MJ compliant machine and it will take eu/T instead

Or just take the damn eu in the first place

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I just want to make all the machines take EU as an option, Without going through any kind of hassle,
Like, An ic2 thing called "MJ/T Transformer". And it goes in a slot on any MJ compliant machine and it will take eu/T instead

Or just take the damn eu in the first place
An ic2 person, I see. Something like that would be nice, but I personally like the clunkyness of powerconverters. It takes up enough room that I can give it a display case like some of my other machines.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Or even better, totally scrap EU for MJ. Not too keen on different flavours of power.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
An ic2 person, I see. Something like that would be nice, but I personally like the clunkyness of powerconverters. It takes up enough room that I can give it a display case like some of my other machines.

I've got my entire operation built on solar energy, It was fine untill i wanted to do bees,
It's either a lot of power loss in converters,
Or electric engines, That make absolutely jack in terms of generation

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Generate some biogas and use the basic biogas engines from forestry. That'll be 5mj/t per engine. That'll give you plenty of power for bees, especially if stored in redstone energy cells. Biogas lasts a long time in an engine. You don't even need apatite, as if you have a peat farm, that will burn to ash, which can make compost which can be used in the fermenter.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Generate some biogas and use the basic biogas engines from forestry. That'll be 5mj/t per engine. That'll give you plenty of power for bees, especially if stored in redstone energy cells. Biogas lasts a long time in an engine. You don't even need apatite, as if you have a peat farm, that will burn to ash, which can make compost which can be used in the fermenter.

That would be more faffing about then building energy bridges, Sooooo

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I've never done bees except for trees, so I don't know how much power they actually need.

An addon for soulshards or mfr that lets you create span eggs would be nice. I know there is probably already a mod for that.

Uh, a catapult mod?